Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
Black Lives Matter..... (Read 422 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Black Lives Matter.....
09/06/15 at 09:33:34

I have spent some time trying to grasp this movement's message.
I think I have some semblance now.....
Let me share my perspective as a White man, and see if I make any valid points.
BTW, would love dialogue on the matter......

If you saw the tape of Hillary engaging members of the BLM, she made a point of saying all lives matter, as did others who were brought into the exposure as they ( BLM members ) tried to garner attention to their plight....
Hillary even made a comment, when they rebuffed her answer, how she would only talk to White's then, in their ( Black's )  regard.....

This is a passive/aggressive reply, rooted deeply in one's own beliefs, for it to readily surface and be used in dialogue.
Here is a link: federalist.com/2015/08/18/hillary-to-black-lives-matter-activists-maybe-ill-just
-talk-to-white-people/

I can understand how folks all across the social, and political arena, are adding to the BLM dismay when all these other "Lives Matters" spring up in opposition, or in minimizing the BLM claim(s).
They are not getting a fair hearing on their concerns, AND that ( this ) is the thrust of the original complaint.

Let the concerns be addressed solely, and singularly, on its own merit!

I believe the Great Society designed by LBJ, has failed the very noble idea it had hoped to achieve.....
This should be the starting point, hoping to discover why some elements of the Great Society had devastating effects of our Black citizens.
The incarcerations BLM refers to in their complaint is a very real trapping(s), though unintended, a consequence of unfettered dependance, on an idea that never really could deliver the promises, by a government program, thinking it knew what was best for them ( Black lives) as a whole, as in "one size fits all".

If you didn't achieve and join the ranks, of what these "White" politicians believed as a "normal society" you were left in the ruins of a failed program.

As a White man, I can never wrap an understanding as to what it must feel like to be hated, and despised , solely by the pigment of my skin.
But I do glimpse what the motivation, and underlying belief, must have been for those Whites who orchestrated, and drafted, the Great Society, and it saddens me to say, they thought they were superior.....  

How else does one offer advice, if they don't think they know better?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Black Lives Matter.....
Reply #1 - 09/06/15 at 11:50:56

As much as I despise Hillary, I agree with how she dealt with the unreasonable stance that she was facing.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 09/06/15 at 13:30:58

link doesn't work

WWW   IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #3 - 09/06/15 at 17:47:20

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #4 - 09/06/15 at 17:52:27

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/06/15 at 11:50:56:
As much as I despise Hillary, I agree with how she dealt with the unreasonable stance that she was facing.

JOG.....just step outside the "obvious" to us, and try to put yourself in their position.
As they claimed that day, the Clinton's only made their predicament worse, as they caved to the white idea that it is all about controlling the crime element in the Black community.

Think in terms of gun laws, we can outlaw guns, but it won't change for those who use them to commit crimes.
We need to go after the cause, not the effect, if we are to make a real sustainable change.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #5 - 09/06/15 at 18:19:31

Quote:
try to put yourself in their position.
   Roll Eyes

https://www.youtube.com/embed/TepT0Ttwz7M

This is 3 minutes and will give you a birds eye point of view.

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #6 - 09/06/15 at 18:22:38

Black Lives Matter, & the Minn State Fair.

The local news, toured a, ‘protest’, for a week before it happened.
Outlined the, ‘plan’, they filed, as to where they would march, and when.
Last Sat, they,’ marched’.  (Seemingly, to disrupt the Fair, and looking for Violent Confrontation)

What the, ‘group’ did not plan on, is their are 6 ways to get into the Fair.
They, ‘planned’, to disrupt only one.

On that Sat, Everyone, (Who  wanted to go the the Fair),
avoided that entrance, and as the protesters,
marched down the Major road leading to the Fair, their was very little  traffic.

When they got to the front gates, they were closed,
They tried to, ‘storm’ them, but, private guards were on the other side.

Even though, part of them, were, ‘trespassing’, on Private Property,
Nothing was done, No Arrests, No beating, they were Just IGNORED !!!!!
And their, ‘protest’ just, ‘FIZZLED’ away !!!!!!!!

And the Media quickly got bored, because their was no, ’story’ to Hype !

Even Gov GOFEY, said, ‘They looked like fools’.

Kinna like a, ‘protest’ at the Mall of America’, several months ago.
They did Not have a permit, and, ‘tried’, to protest on private property.
The, protesters, were arrested.  Every Single One !

Lots of, Media coverage, UP TO, but nothing after  !!!!!!

But the Best was, one station was Bound and determined, to get a story.
They found a booth, where a person was selling,
‘Black Lives Mater”, T Shirts.
He was their for 3 days, before the protest,
and had sold 200.00 worth. (at 20.00 a shirt)
And had NO AFFILIATION, with the, ‘March’.

To put that in prospective, MOST, of the ‘booths’, have been there, for 20-30 years, and they ONLY, work the Fair, and take the rest of the year OFF.

A-Yea, ges da Minnesotsans, in the mostly German, Scandinavian, decent, don’t hols na cotton to the folleriy, of a bnch of fools.

Now, had it been, a march, NOT, looking for violence, (and not getting it in MeNeSota)
And their ‘phrase was:  “All Lives Matter”, would probably have been a different Story.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #7 - 09/06/15 at 18:43:43

“If you don’t tell black people what we need to do, then we won’t tell you all what you need to do,” Jones said to Clinton.

“I’m not telling you, I’m just telling you to tell me,” Clinton shot back.

“This is and has always been a white problem of violence. There’s not much that we can do to stop the violence against us,” Jones responded as Clinton interjected.

“If that is your position, then I will talk with only to white people about how we are going to deal with very real problems,” she said.

“What you just said was a form of victim-blaming,” said Jones, eliciting a grimace from Clinton. “You were saying what the Black Lives Matter movement needs to do to is change white hearts is to…”

She said

Tell us what we need to do.

Okay, do I believe she would? No. Not the point, not the response.

“This is and has always been a white problem of violence. There’s not much that we can do to stop the violence against us,” Jones responded as Clinton interjected.

A statement, taking the position that there's no point in trying.

Her response was spot on. And that's from someone who wouldn't stop to piss on her if she was on fire.
Now, if she WASN'T on fire, that'd be a whole different thing.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #8 - 09/06/15 at 18:56:37

Why would you waste perfectly good pizz?  Roll Eyes

I'm telling you guys I hear the same choir singing as you do, but.....

Tho the BLM folk are terrible at trying to convey some very personal, disturbing, baggage, I find hope in the fact they are FINALLY rising to the FACT the democrats DO NOT have any more interest in them (as a whole) than what they can do, to get themselves elected.

They make promises and quickly forget them once in office....

That is what I am keying in on....

To come to realize that is like coming to realize the drugs you take, don't really solve the issues, that you used drugs in the first place, to be able medicate or forget about them to begin with....  

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #9 - 09/06/15 at 19:14:57

Quote:
Tho the BLM folk are terrible at trying to convey some very personal, disturbing, baggage, I find hope in the fact they are FINALLY rising to the FACT the democrats DO NOT have any more interest in them (as a whole) than what they can do, to get themselves elected.

I think you're giving them(the BLM folks) too much credit. They're just pissed at white folks and believe that white people are out to get them, when the truth is that most whites don't give a crap about them one way or the other. They haven't really figured anything out.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #10 - 09/06/15 at 21:48:31

If you took the soul of a black man living on death row, and implanted it into the womb of Donald Trump's mother...  
I'll bet he would be a white guy, with a ridiculous comb-over, and a spray-on tan, worth 10 billion dollars...  running for president...

Birth,.. does have it's privileges... Huh...

Can you imagine any circumstance, in which Donald Trump might have ended up, a drug dealer on death row?...

Maybe, killing his parents for his inheritance... but not a drug dealer on death row...
The who, what, when , and where... do influence the why...

You can be born with two strikes against you,.. sometimes three...
You can also be born on 3rd base... and think you hit a home run...

It's all about balance...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #11 - 09/07/15 at 08:26:43

I think you are correct in your assessment, and that was most likely the reason for the Great Society, but again, you do the victimhood argument, which has led to a dependency mentality of many who did not, for whatever reason, escape the trappings of two strikes....

You can blame the right, for obstructing the left's attempts, as the reason, it is the liberals standard retort, I even think THEY get that now, and that is their message.....

I think education and mentoring, as many reply they had no parent figures in their lives, might provide some relief.....
It will take time to insert new life values that correspond with their lives, that have meaningful, tangible, and sustainable results, that WILL be passed on as a society norm, resulting in ones healthy acceptance and appreciation of self.

The church could be a great conduit for many programs, however many on the left would have separation issues I'm sure....
Trade schools would be great too, but then the unions might want a piece of the action.... I dunno.

The above two examples show not victimhood, but pawnhood, of how these folks have been played.

I think we are seeing a concentrated lifestyle of dependency that was never the intent of the program.....
Most likely this programs were seen as a jump start, but have become a way of life for many.
One can not possess self respect, eventually giving in to other toxic behavior in trying to overcome the feelings, and emotions, of low self esteem.... it is indeed a trap.
BTW, whites are trapped just as much in this entitlement mentality, I have many friends who just don't get it, and can longer connect the dots to having a healthy, sustainable life that THEY are in control of....
It just not as "concentrated" and reported, as its not as vogue, nor garners as much readership, as reporting the Black community.

At this point we either blame, turning away, or try and listen, and help....

It ain't going away, and MOST of all, politicians better quit playing with people's lives in order to achieve their SELFISH desires

Edit: Bot, I know you believe in trying to level the playing field, and that is a good thought and provides you with a good feeling of self, almost empathetic....
However, in pragmatic terms, its like having only one flavor of ice cream, or only sunny days, or only harley's.....
It removes everyone's own uniqueness and expressions, which is often the motivation in music, art, etc....
Obstacles give rise to overcome, which gives birth to self esteem, and acceptance of self, WHICH, gives opportunity to teach others...

There is one avenue available to a level playing field, it already exists, however, since much of its design escapes us, we discard it as folly, a waste of time.... a fairytale.
It is even in print already, has been for a spell.....
But, since some don't believe in it, they really don't want others to have it, either....
Why, because they think they know a better way....
I am still waiting to see positive results of that thinking, as decay of society seems to be eroding the playing field rather quickly, and that is with, or without, guns.....

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #12 - 09/07/15 at 09:07:56

I challenge you democrats to address my question.....
Silence will be, as it should, taken that you have no viable explanation that will lend the charade, any credible reply/answer....  Grin

Question: Why is it a Black who escapes the trappings of race, and poverty, the very goal these programs CLAIM to want/desire, and becomes a conservative, they are ignored, marginalised, or called racially motivated demeaning names?

I ask, who is really using who, and for what?

I ain't holding my breath.......

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #13 - 09/07/15 at 09:10:25

Quote:
At this point we either blame, turning away, or try and listen, and help....

http://buchanan.org/blog/pjb-a-brief-for-whitey-969

Pretty interesting article, I copied about 1/2 of it.

First, America has been the best country on earth for black folks. It was here that 600,000 black people, brought from Africa in slave ships, grew into a community of 40 million, were introduced to Christian salvation, and reached the greatest levels of freedom and prosperity blacks have ever known.

Second, no people anywhere has done more to lift up blacks than white Americans. Untold trillions have been spent since the ’60s on welfare, food stamps, rent supplements, Section 8 housing, Pell grants, student loans, legal services, Medicaid, Earned Income Tax Credits and poverty programs designed to bring the African-American community into the mainstream.

Governments, businesses and colleges have engaged in discrimination against white folks — with affirmative action, contract set-asides and quotas — to advance black applicants over white applicants.

Churches, foundations, civic groups, schools and individuals all over America have donated time and money to support soup kitchens, adult education, day care, retirement and nursing homes for blacks.

We hear the grievances. Where is the gratitude?

Some of us have heard it all before, about 40 years and 40 trillion tax dollars ago.

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #14 - 09/07/15 at 10:08:09

pg wrote on 09/07/15 at 09:10:25:
We hear the grievances. Where is the gratitude?

if this was a 100 years ago, all that they would have asked for was an equal chance to live.
when a cities courts and pd are found to be in collusion to oppress the black population you ask "where is the gratitude?"

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
08/31/24 at 05:28:51

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Black Lives Matter.....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.