Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
"Swatting" those who carry (Read 267 times)
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: "Swatting" those who carry
Reply #15 - 09/04/15 at 14:19:39

came across an interesting statistic recently...
number of accidental deaths by doctors 120,000
number of accidental deaths by gun 1,500
and total number of death by gun was 34,210 (2013)

I prefer guns to doctors.

(numbers updated)

« Last Edit: 09/04/15 at 23:03:54 by verslagen1 »  
WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 09/04/15 at 14:23:13

Point I was making is
Crime stats

They don't readily point that out, and if they did. It would be lower than actual count.
The propagandists in the media hype every shooting, and how often do we get a weeks worth of every hour on the hour the story of how a good guy thwarted an assault of a stranger or a robbery?
I'm sick of the
Child shot dead
story WHEN that child is a sixteen year old gang banger in a drug related shootout with a rival gang.
And I did hear about the little girl, killed, mom wounded,in a drive by.
If they catch them, I vote they be drawn and quartered with family members on hand, pouring salt in the cuts. Needs to be televised.
And WHEN the good guy stops a bad guy, instead of arresting them, haul them downtown, get some reporters, hang a medal on them on the courthouse steps.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #17 - 09/08/15 at 13:46:17

News last night.
Just across the border in Wisc.
(If their wasn’t a State line their, it would be a suburb of St. Paul)
Anyway, someone with a ‘un-coded’ cell phone, went into a neighborhood,
called the Police, and said some Real Nasty LIES, about a person living their.

The Local Police, the State Police, the Swat teams, the, Search teams,
were ALL Called Out !!!!!!

They were all rather pissed, when they discovered, it was a ‘Prank’.

But the highlight,(in true, ‘Midwest Style’), The person, ’Swatted’, On Camera, Said:
“This isn’t just a single person that you’ve affected,” Kevin said. “You little punks, cockroaches, come visit me. I dare you, come visit me.”

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2015/09/07/swatting-prank-terrorizes-hudson-res...

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #18 - 09/10/15 at 02:25:52

MnSpring wrote on 09/08/15 at 13:46:17:
News last night.
Just across the border in Wisc.
(If their wasn’t a State line their, it would be a suburb of St. Paul)
Anyway, someone with a ‘un-coded’ cell phone, went into a neighborhood,
called the Police, and said some Real Nasty LIES, about a person living their.

The Local Police, the State Police, the Swat teams, the, Search teams,
were ALL Called Out !!!!!!

They were all rather pissed, when they discovered, it was a ‘Prank’.

But the highlight,(in true, ‘Midwest Style’), The person, ’Swatted’, On Camera, Said:
“This isn’t just a single person that you’ve affected,” Kevin said. “You little punks, cockroaches, come visit me. I dare you, come visit me.”

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2015/09/07/swatting-prank-terrorizes-hudson-res...

My two cents.

In Italy (and Europe) a cellphone is just like a land line, you CANNOT have a cellphone if you don't provide name, address and the equivalent to your SSN.
Period.
Yes, of course we DO have "rechargeables", meaning than when your credit runs out you go to a store, buy a scratch card and type in the code and you have new credit
BUT
all phones are traceable to the current (or, at worst, previous) owner.

IT'S ALL ABOUT FIGHTING CRIMINALS

Secondly, calling the Police for a wanton false alarm is a felony - this side of the ocean, at least.

I'm surprised that with the Patriot Act and all that a terrorist cell can buy a handful of uncoded cellphones and get away with it...

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #19 - 09/21/15 at 22:36:31

[quote}I'm surprised that with the Patriot Act and all that a terrorist cell can buy a handful of uncoded cellphones and get away with it... [/quote]

Patriot Act and such are primarily used against politically and socially conservative Whites.

Liberals can pretty much do whatever they want, whenever they want, however they want, to whomever they want, and get a free pass. Liberal in this case meaning Marxist, Jihadist or Zionist.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
HovisPresley
Serious Thumper

Good Vibrations!

Midlands, UK
Reply #20 - 09/22/15 at 01:33:38

WD wrote on 09/21/15 at 22:36:31:
[quote}I'm surprised that with the Patriot Act and all that a terrorist cell can buy a handful of uncoded cellphones and get away with it...

Patriot Act and such are primarily used against politically and socially conservative Whites.

Liberals can pretty much do whatever they want, whenever they want, however they want, to whomever they want, and get a free pass. Liberal in this case meaning Marxist, Jihadist or Zionist. [/quote]

If they are Marxist, Jihadist or Zionist, then they are the opposite of Liberal, by definition.  Grin

'96 Bobbobbobber
  IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #21 - 09/22/15 at 08:01:29

WD wrote on 09/21/15 at 22:36:31:
[quote}I'm surprised that with the Patriot Act and all that a terrorist cell can buy a handful of uncoded cellphones and get away with it...

Liberals can pretty much do whatever they want, whenever they want, however they want, to whomever they want, and get a free pass. Liberal in this case meaning Marxist, Jihadist or Zionist. [/quote]

Now that's a shocker !!!!   Here I was under the impression the "The Patriot Act" was brought into being by a conservative (white) Republican administration (Bush & Cheney ) as a way to protect us all from the evil Muslim terrorist  boogeyman under every bed.....  

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #22 - 09/22/15 at 09:03:03

old.indian wrote on 09/22/15 at 08:01:29:
Now that's a shocker !!!!   Here I was under the impression the "The Patriot Act" was brought into being by a conservative (white) Republican administration (Bush & Cheney ) as a way to protect us all from the evil Muslim terrorist  boogeyman under every bed.....  

Funny how that works, ain't it?... Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
HovisPresley
Serious Thumper

Good Vibrations!

Midlands, UK
Reply #23 - 09/22/15 at 14:01:44

Forget the Versy, the Raptor, etc, we got reds under the bed!!

'96 Bobbobbobber
  IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #24 - 09/25/15 at 12:55:16

Serowbot wrote on 09/22/15 at 09:03:03:
old.indian wrote on 09/22/15 at 08:01:29:

Funny how that works, ain't it?... Grin...

Well, actually it doesn't work, Bush was about as Conservative as Mitt Romney, no one who increases the size or scope of government is a Conservative. Bush and Cheney were liberal Republicans, which has very little to do with Conservatism but you did get the race part right  Wink

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #25 - 09/25/15 at 14:33:59

If there was any real difference, one party would repeal legislation the other pushed. Who has done even close to the will of the people? It's been obvious that DC is deaf to the voice of the people since I was a kid.
Manufactured consent
Media lies to us to get us to go along with their schemes.
Ring any bells?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Rylee

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Long Beach California
Reply #26 - 09/27/15 at 13:45:52

I usually carry in a Gallo SOB holster when I'm out in public because it's the most concealed in everyday actions. I was at a supermarket about 3 months ago doing some shopping, paid for my groceries and was pushing the cart to my car when 2 uniformed cops approached me holsters un clicked and proceeded to perform a felony take down. They made me put my hands on my head, kneel then lay down. With gun drawn one officer put his knee in my back, called out to his partner that I was in fact carrying a weapon. I was cuffed and sat upright. Through this entire process I was not asked any questions just told what to do. My gun was removed from my holster and taken. After about 10 minutes of being treated like a criminal I was finally asked why I had a gun. At this point I was so pissed off I was less than compliant and the yes sir no sir was out the door.

After presenting my CCW (mind you I'm still cuffed behind my back and had to tell the officer to get it from my wallet) and waiting for the radio to tell them I was no harm and had no police issues I was finally uncuffed. At this point I had zero intension of answering any more questions and asked for my gun so I could leave. One of the officers tried to unload the gun and return it to me and I told him he was out of his mind. All in all a 45 minute fiasco where I was cuffed and detained in the middle of a busy parking lot because I was carrying a gun with the legal means to carry it.

One question I was asked was why do you need your gun at the grocery store? I told him I earned the right to carry it so who cares where I do as long as I am doing it legally. I turned to the armed security guard standing at the entrance to the store and said my having a gun in the store isn't necessary but he is?

I asked the officer how would this have gone down if I had my kids with me. Both of which are under the age of 3. His response was "well maybe you shouldn't carry when your kids are present" so if I didn't have a gun on me which btw is legal for me to do none of this would have happened. I said what your telling me is I shouldn't have wasted 3 years trying to obtain my california CCW because this is the result of being a responsible gun owner in this state.

On my angry drive home I realized who called. I bent down to grab a case of water and there were 2 older women behind me. I'm covered in tattoos, bald head with a big beard. I'm sure all kinds of thoughts went thru their heads

I know there are some who are thinking why take a gun to the grocery store. I've been a CCW holder for 18 years. When I'm getting dressed in the morning my gun is like a watch or wallet, it's part of my wardrobe. It's always been that way. I put it on without thought. More times than not I have to remind myself I'm going somewhere that I can't carry and probably just as often I have to remove it and place it in the glove box because I inadvertently go somewhere that I can't carry. It's just habit after so many years of carrying.

96 Bobber
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #27 - 09/27/15 at 17:29:22

Quote:
“ …  I’m covered in tattoos, bald head with a big beard. … “

Who in the Hell should CARE !!!!!!!!!!
Would Rather have, a person, like above, at my 6, if the SHTF  !!!!!
Than a, ’soccer mom’,  screaming”  Oh You can’t do that, It is a GUN FREE Zone !!!!!!

Quote:
“ … why do you need your gun at the grocery store? .. “

One answer, BECAUSE, it is a place, where the, ’NUTS’, think, No One has a firearm.

For 9 years, I was on a, ‘Adjustment Board’, in the County,
Meeting were always at night.  (In the Court House).
NEVER, carried a firearm, into the County Courthouse.
Yet, (early on), a County Commissioner said: “Tom Show us your Gun”.  I said: “NO”.
Ray Charles, could have seen he was, ‘baiting’, so a charge of, ‘Brandishing’, could be given.
Yet after that, EVERYONE, thought I was caring when I went into the Courthouse.

But, when I go to a, County Fair, a Restaurant, (etc.), or even to a computer store,  or a Book store, in a ‘very bad’ part of Mpls, Always have the S&W 640 in the pocket !

Quote:
“ … One of the officers tried to unload the gun .., “

LOLOLOLOL,   50 + % of,  ‘officers’, would look for, DAYS, at the left side of a, Single Action, revolver,  wondering how the cylinder swings out !!!!!!!!

Heck, In one of the classes I teach, a 12/13/14 Year Old,  knows MORE, about how to, ‘Make Safe’, a handgun, than the Majority of, ‘officers’. !!!!!!!

Gee, just perhaps, a person, with a FULL Face covering, should be, ‘looked’, at,  more than someone with tattoos  ???????

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #28 - 09/27/15 at 19:49:24

His response was "well maybe you shouldn't carry when your kids are present"

That had a visceral effect. I'm disgusted. That's exactly WHEN you need to know ,,, creepy guys, there..

IP Logged
Rylee

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Long Beach California
Reply #29 - 09/27/15 at 20:10:12

@mnspring

All of it was a joke. What bothered me the most was how "whatever" they've re about my CCW. It took me being on a waiting list nearly 3 years to even make the application process. Then you have to meet a number of criteria 1 of which is proving "good cause" to the chef or sheriff whomever is the issuing party. My city uses the sheriff and he is a known anti CCW sheriff. The only reason I got it was because I was able to prove using 2 years of deposit slips that I had to obtain from my restaurants bank that I made large deposits 5 nights a week in an unfavorable area.

In the issuance determination meeting he even said "why don't you just drive to a better areas bank" my response was why does the area matter when I'm carrying thousands of dollars that someone wants. I asked how crime was in Belmont Shore, one of the nicer areas in Long Beach. Shut him up pretty quick. I was sure he wasn't going to issue it but I got it.

I even told the officer who was giving me crap if California had an open carry law I'd have it completely visible. One part that stuck out in my mind was he asked me if I was confronted with a life threatening situation would I use my weapon. Without hesitation I said yes. And I said it with confidence. He asked how I was so sure and without missing a beat I replied:  Uncle Sam spent 7 years and millions of dollars training me to shoot someone without regards to moral issue or personal indifference. The look on both their faces was priceless.

96 Bobber
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/08/24 at 01:23:26

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › "Swatting" those who carry

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.