Send Topic Print
Shipping question (Read 83 times)
Violent_Rage

Burp!

Trento - Italy
Shipping question
08/26/15 at 02:02:50

Hi all,

I am preparing for the imminent arrival of fall and I would like to buy different parts for the bike.
A couple of them will definitely be the Verslavy and the Head Plug Replacement.

In my projects there are also the tank replacement with a Peanut, probably the Ryca, and the installation of a Dyna muffler that, in U.S., are much cheaper than in Europe, about 5 times less.

However, each provider would charge me the international shipping costs, making it very expensive!

Do any of you know a method to ship all spare parts that I need, once and all together?

Thank's in advance!  Smiley

IP Logged
FerousBastard

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denmark
Re: Shipping question
Reply #1 - 08/26/15 at 02:21:24

Violent_Rage wrote on 08/26/15 at 02:02:50:
Hi all,

I am preparing for the imminent arrival of fall and I would like to buy different parts for the bike.
A couple of them will definitely be the Verslavy and the Head Plug Replacement.

In my projects there are also the tank replacement with a Peanut, probably the Ryca, and the installation of a Dyna muffler that, in U.S., are much cheaper than in Europe, about 5 times less.

However, each provider would charge me the international shipping costs, making it very expensive!

Do any of you know a method to ship all spare parts that I need, once and all together?

Thank's in advance!  Smiley

Trawl Ebay for parts, UK and German sites usually have a good assortment. You'd be surprised what you can find at a reasonable price if you are patient. Google translate is your friend.
When you do find something in the US you need, try to go for independant shipping companies like UPS or DHL that handle their own import charges - You get the parts delivered quickly and am then billed the import charges which are usually much less than local import.
When shopping in the US I usually multiply the item price + shipping by a factor of 1.25 to 1.3, to approximate price after import duties, and compare that against the EU prices. If they compare I shop in the EU.

I realize that doesn't answer your question fully, but those who provide shopping services where you can gather many shipments into one usually charge a premium for it. So you are better off cutting expenses on each item.

IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #2 - 08/26/15 at 06:07:14

We suggest people use MyUS:

https://www.myus.com/

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #3 - 08/26/15 at 07:02:16

Small parts that weigh under 4 lbs and can fit in a box shorter than 12 inches can be shipped US Mail first class for around $25.00 depending on the weight. For bigger stuff I would shop around. US Mail has overseas package shipping but I haven't used it lately.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Violent_Rage

Burp!

Trento - Italy
Reply #4 - 08/27/15 at 01:59:15

Greg wrote on 08/26/15 at 06:07:14:
We suggest people use MyUS:

https://www.myus.com/

This is really interesting!!! Cool!  Cool

IP Logged
Pages: 1