Send Topic Print
Thanks and Observations (Read 41 times)
ccf
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Thanks and Observations
08/23/15 at 19:36:21

i would like to thank the members of this forum for all the great information they provide. As you can see this is my first post but I have been a member since 2012.
After not riding for 40 years, I took the MSF course and went to find a 'stater' bike.
I bought a 2006 S40 with 8000 miles in October of 2012. I has the fourth owner but the bike seemed in good condition.
Three or four times a week I check 'Rubberside Down' and review the topics and see if they apply to me. I have made several of the common modifications. I have been fighting a caburation problem for several weeks so today I put on a Raptor. Thirty minutes later I had a whole new motorcycle.
Over the years I have been to several dealer service departments and none have the information you can find here. Most don't know there's a LS650, only a SV650.
I enjoy my S40/Savage so much it is no longer a 'starter' bike but my bike that I intend to keep for years to come. I have loved the 10,000 miles I have put on this bike over the last three years.
'Thanks for all you who keep us up and running.
On a side note: if you have never financially supported this web site, give it some serious thought. The information you get here proves to be invaluable.
Sorry this is so long. Now you know why I don't post.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Thanks and Observations
Reply #1 - 08/23/15 at 20:02:00

today I put on a Raptor. Thirty minutes later I had a whole new motorcycle.,

Nobody else put the Raptor on and then went and traded it in.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
chzeckmate
Serious Thumper

Be the person your
dog thinks you are

Houston, Texas
Re: Thanks and Observations
Reply #2 - 08/24/15 at 01:28:09

Hear, hear!  Cheers to all the good people who add to the wealth of information and share so generously!

'05 S40, dyna muffler, rejet, high flow filter, Mobil 1 Racing 4T, Shinko 230 set with 140/90 rear, raptor, seat lift, LED running lights/signals, tach, reversed risers, homemade MR10 Lexan windscreen
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 13:35:02

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Thanks and Observations

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.