Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Windshield ? (Read 226 times)
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Re: Windshield ?
Reply #15 - 08/15/15 at 18:23:08

I got mine on Amazon for $15.  They were made by Daystar, 58 series.

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
amx4080
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Colorado
Reply #16 - 08/16/15 at 08:12:16

Has anyone installed a windshield like this: http://www.amazon.com/Slipstreamer-SS-20-T-Windshield/dp/B002VVIBE8/ref=au_as...

I ride 90 miles a day round trip commuting to work.  The S40 has made this both economical and fun.  I'd like to accomplish a few things with a faring: extend my riding season (and keep saving $ on gas), reduce buffeting and reduce air over my hands as it has been raining frequently this summer and even with great gloves my fingers are very cold after the ride home in rain.

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #17 - 08/16/15 at 21:42:06

chzeckmate wrote on 08/15/15 at 00:43:53:
I made this one myself out of a remnant piece of MR10 Lexan from Lowe's and chrome trim from the dollar store.  Mounted with standard adjustable mounting hardware.

I already had the hardware.  The other materials cost me just $10

Wouldn't happen to have a product amount and price list would ya?  
Lots of fella's would want to know how to make one..
Perhaps you could do a walk thorough pictoral or video?

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #18 - 08/16/15 at 21:43:54

amx4080 wrote on 08/16/15 at 08:12:16:
Has anyone installed a windshield like this: http://www.amazon.com/Slipstreamer-SS-20-T-Windshield/dp/B002VVIBE8/ref=au_as...

I ride 90 miles a day round trip commuting to work.  The S40 has made this both economical and fun.  I'd like to accomplish a few things with a faring: extend my riding season (and keep saving $ on gas), reduce buffeting and reduce air over my hands as it has been raining frequently this summer and even with great gloves my fingers are very cold after the ride home in rain.

The wife has this one on hers.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Slipstreamer-SS-24-Hellfire-Windscreen-Clear-Cruiser-...

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
chzeckmate
Serious Thumper

Be the person your
dog thinks you are

Houston, Texas
Reply #19 - 08/16/15 at 23:35:58

old_rider wrote on 08/16/15 at 21:42:06:
chzeckmate wrote on 08/15/15 at 00:43:53:
I made this one myself out of a remnant piece of MR10 Lexan from Lowe's and chrome trim from the dollar store.  Mounted with standard adjustable mounting hardware.

I already had the hardware.  The other materials cost me just $10

Wouldn't happen to have a product amount and price list would ya?  
Lots of fella's would want to know how to make one..
Perhaps you could do a walk thorough pictoral or video?

I'm going to be making two more of these pretty soon.  I'll take good photos and possibly shoot some video of the process.  As for a product amount and price list, I can only say that you should look for remnant pieces at Lowe's or Home Depot.  The full sheets are expensive, but once they've been cut you can get them on the cheap there.  I got the chrome accent trim from the dollar store here, but you can find it cheap on ebay too.  The hardware is the tough part.  I already had it, but you can get it cheap at the junkyards.  I'll never buy another windshield again, that's for sure.

'05 S40, dyna muffler, rejet, high flow filter, Mobil 1 Racing 4T, Shinko 230 set with 140/90 rear, raptor, seat lift, LED running lights/signals, tach, reversed risers, homemade MR10 Lexan windscreen
  IP Logged
Julianne
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 08/17/15 at 14:08:11

Hey there;  I just got a Spitfire Windshield.  It is easy to take off when you want to ride "naked" but when you want to go on a trip or if the weather is iffy, just pop it on. Two small wing nuts on the handlebar.  I got it from Revzilla.com

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 03:20:57

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Windshield ?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.