Also looking for pics of S40's with shields in place

IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Re: Windshield ?
Reply #1 - 08/14/15 at 12:29:01

When I first bought mine, the PO had a windshield on it. I didn't like it. It was too distracting at night. I think the problem was that it was mounted too low and it picked up some of the headlight around the edges of the shield causing it to glow. Regardless, I just stuck it on a shelf in the garage. YMMV

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #2 - 08/14/15 at 12:30:46

I'm quite content with the OEM one, go to the photo gallery on this site to see windscreens of several types.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
Boogie_with_Stu

Look Ma, no hands!

Raleigh, NC
Reply #3 - 08/14/15 at 13:18:55

Google is your friend. Cool

For specific info, this is the best place on the planet for stuff about the savage/Boulevard, but whenever I'm looking for generic info I jump on google. A quick search for "windshield for Suzuki Savage/Boulevard) will get you hundreds of pictures.

I have heard from about a dozen people that the OEM shield is a good choice. SlipStreamer and National Cycle both make shields with hardware kits specifically for the Savage/Boulevard. Personally, I was looking at the   National Cycle N2220 Custom Heavy Duty Clear Windshield for Narrow Frame Cruisers for my '03 Savage. Then you need to buy the proper hardware kit to mount it. It wont be cheap.

Memphis Shades is a windshield maker that I am less familiar with, but they get fairly good consumer reviews on Amazon and their windscreens come complete with all the hardware. If you like a sportier shield, that might be the way to go. Example in the link below.

http://www.amazon.com/MEMPHIS-SHADES-METRIC-MEM-DEMONBLACK/dp/B002WKE7LY/ref=...

03 Savage, Pearl Novelty Black,Raptor mod, Boulevard seat, Rectifier mod -'07 Honda Nighthawk 250 stock
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 08/14/15 at 13:55:42

How you ride matters. If you're just an around town rider, you may not really be glad to have it. If you're running highway speeds quite a bit, then you might really like it.
I'd get miles on it,,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #5 - 08/14/15 at 14:01:53

Go to the icons at the top of the page, open the "search" one, type Windshield in the place where you type what you are looking for.  Then drop down and change the number of days/weeks/months to search to "all"....and there will be lots of previous discussions about windshields for you to read.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
chzeckmate
Serious Thumper

Be the person your
dog thinks you are

Houston, Texas
Reply #6 - 08/15/15 at 00:43:53

I made this one myself out of a remnant piece of MR10 Lexan from Lowe's and chrome trim from the dollar store.  Mounted with standard adjustable mounting hardware.

I already had the hardware.  The other materials cost me just $10

'05 S40, dyna muffler, rejet, high flow filter, Mobil 1 Racing 4T, Shinko 230 set with 140/90 rear, raptor, seat lift, LED running lights/signals, tach, reversed risers, homemade MR10 Lexan windscreen
  IP Logged
Boogie_with_Stu

Look Ma, no hands!

Raleigh, NC
Reply #7 - 08/15/15 at 09:38:24

chzeck, that is inspiring!

Didnt know you were an artist Cool

03 Savage, Pearl Novelty Black,Raptor mod, Boulevard seat, Rectifier mod -'07 Honda Nighthawk 250 stock
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #8 - 08/15/15 at 11:58:02

Fine work.. truly inspiring.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
chzeckmate
Serious Thumper

Be the person your
dog thinks you are

Houston, Texas
Reply #9 - 08/15/15 at 14:43:05

Smiley  thanks  Smiley

'05 S40, dyna muffler, rejet, high flow filter, Mobil 1 Racing 4T, Shinko 230 set with 140/90 rear, raptor, seat lift, LED running lights/signals, tach, reversed risers, homemade MR10 Lexan windscreen
  IP Logged
Boogie_with_Stu

Look Ma, no hands!

Raleigh, NC
Reply #10 - 08/15/15 at 14:49:03

What are those black "flare" type things on the top of the lower forks? What is their purpose?
My Savage doesnt have them, so I am assuming it is a Boulevard thing or some aftermarket part.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #11 - 08/15/15 at 15:08:58

Bug/ dirt shield to protect the fork just above the seal.

IP Logged
chzeckmate
Serious Thumper

Be the person your
dog thinks you are

Houston, Texas
Reply #12 - 08/15/15 at 17:25:50

Yeah it keeps bugs and other grime from accumulating in the area around the seals.  Serves the same purpose as a boot...keeps shite out of the fork seals.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #13 - 08/15/15 at 17:45:53

I cut mine off so I put on a fork brace.  I think that played a role in me having to replace my seals.  I would consider putting on fork boots, those are the rubber sleeves that fit on the forks.  

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #14 - 08/15/15 at 18:00:36

You can go cheap and ugly with about any kind of bellows from a rack and pinion. I have no idea how to do a nice, real, Gaitor install. But that brace is gonna make it stuff on the bottom end.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 01:34:35

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Windshield ?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.