Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Got a couple questions (pictures) (Read 59 times)
KaleoAlakai
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Got a couple questions (pictures)
08/12/15 at 16:08:39

I have a 1995 Suzuki Savage. Bike is essentially all stock except for the engine. Just have a 2003 in there. Did the raptor petcock mod as well.
http://imgur.com/a/u9ljt#FlA3B3v
In one of the pictures I have the float, and I was messing around with it and accidentally lost the bracket that holds the float needle. What should I do about this? Engineer something, to hold the needle/order another part?

In the other pictures is the hose that's connected under the tank. I don't know what it is, just that there is a tear in the hose itself. What would this cause in this condition?

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Got a couple questions (pictures)
Reply #1 - 08/12/15 at 19:14:44

Your bike must have a canister on the muffler mount to catch the fuel vapors from the tank.....the hose that is broken is the vent hose to the fuel tank. You need to replace the hose.

If you are talking about the little spring clip that connects the needle to the float.....I believe you need to get another one.  It provides a way that the float can pull the needle down from the seat when the float level drops.  I am not sure the bike would run well without it.....the needle could get stuck and not allow fuel to flow.  You most likely will have to order a new needle/seat...and it should come with a new clip.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Got a couple questions (pictures)
Reply #2 - 08/12/15 at 20:09:50

you might ask in the market place for somebodies old float valve that they've replaced and take the spring clip off of it.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 08:32:54

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Got a couple questions (pictures)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.