Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
School me on race......please! (Read 107 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
School me on race......please!
08/10/15 at 16:53:10

Once again our extremely liberal Seattle got a scolding by Black activist, yesterday....

Please read the story, and then school me......
I don't get it  Huh
They have some pretty harsh accusations against liberals too....

Sorry, I thought with the coronation of two termer Obama, it was a good indicator folks can see past race....
I won't even go into the fact that Black civil and political leaders, abandon Black folk to the point of calling them Oreos if they don't  tow the line....

Isn't understanding, predicated on dialogue?

Please, tell me exactly what it is you think ALL whites are not doing to make your/their life better?

Are we allowed to share our perceptions without charge of racism, or name calling, with the hope of opening up a conversation to each others views and beliefs, AND misunderstandings?

Here is the story link: http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Protesters-Seattleites-in-denial-about-rac...

On a very cool personal note, I have posted pictures of my grand daughter here I believe....
Her name is Grace, after my mother. She is the first child of my oldest son.
She is adopted.
The Black mother, knowing the difficulties of raising a child already, as a single mom, chose  my son and his wife to raise her child...

So many awesome dynamics are in play in this wonderful relationship....
I can't say I am wise to them all.

We knew when they got a blind call to go to the hospital for the birth of a child, and we pestered them for pixs.
They said we would have to wait until the papers were signed, etc...
It was about 3 days later, and all the details withheld, on one of those video calls, did I come to find out my granddaughter was Black....

I could see my son stare beating down on me as the camera swung to lil' Gracie....
He was trying to gauge my first unscripted response ( smart kid, he runs the advertizing for a big hotel chain, and knows first response is everything, from the minute you step onto the hotels property)

Anyway.... I was overjoyed...  Grin

The picture sucked, but my first gut reaction was how proud I was for all those who put my granddaughters welfare first, and foremost....

The stories since from my son and his wife have been all over the spectrum, as one might imagine two white preppies in their SUV's taking their Black daughter everywhere,,,,   Grin

Their story is theirs to tell, so I won't say anymore about it....

I have a wish, a prayer, for I am 62 years age, and Gracie is not yet 1.
I pray I live long enough to learn many things from her, for I know that love conquers all, and this lil' sweetheart will school Grandpa on things I don't understand about race....   Kiss

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Re: School me on race......please!
Reply #1 - 08/10/15 at 17:29:35

My Opinion:

It is NOT, the Color of one’s skin, that makes, that person, a ‘person”.

It is how they, ‘act’, to Other People.

When, ‘other’, people, TELL, a group of people,
Over and over, and over, and over, and over,
and again, and again, and again, and again.

“You Are Special”.

Their is the Problem !

Does NOT, matter if one’s skin is:
White/Black/Brown/Red/Yellow/Green/Blue/etc.
Does not matter, if their ‘religion’ is one of 100’s, practiced.

It is HOW, they Act !

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 08/10/15 at 18:41:53

MnSpring wrote on 08/10/15 at 17:29:35:
My Opinion:

It is NOT, the Color of one’s skin, that makes, that person, a ‘person”.

It is how they, ‘act’, to Other People.

When, ‘other’, people, TELL, a group of people,
Over and over, and over, and over, and over,
and again, and again, and again, and again.

“You Are Special”.

Their is the Problem !

Does NOT, matter if one’s skin is:
White/Black/Brown/Red/Yellow/Green/Blue/etc.
Does not matter, if their ‘religion’ is one of 100’s, practiced.

It is HOW, they Act !

Not trying to be a jerk here spring, but the "act" is subjective dependant on a lot of elements, is it not?
Who decides what "act" is acceptable and when its not?

I understand what you are saying, however I am trying to get under the surface of it.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #3 - 08/11/15 at 07:34:05

What is there to understand, you always have a faction of people, be they black, white, different in belief or life style that believes they have been surpressed. Wether they have been surpressed isn't the point, it is what they believe that is important to them and it controls how they interact with the rest of society. By joining together as a group they develope an  extended family/social group which reinforces whatever belief started the group to begin with. Add that along with the fact most people think they are always right in thier beliefs and society ends up divided. Protests occur because it is easier to complain and tear down the structure that isn't liked instead of trying to reach a compromise. Any compromise undermines the group's belief of being oppressed, special, the chosen, (fill in the blank) that started the entire process to begin with.
It's not a race thing, we are dealing with human nature developed over thousands of years of evolution.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 08/11/15 at 08:03:48

Couple all that with the fact that TONS of people Just Don't Wanna OWN the screwups in their lives. Gotta be someone else's fault.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #5 - 08/11/15 at 08:11:49

They should just blame JOG like I do... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #6 - 08/11/15 at 08:24:50

AhHAAH! I KNEW my Karmic Attaboy account was being siphoned off by someone.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #7 - 08/11/15 at 08:47:17

Blaming JOG is just too easy, blame the NWO they are everywhere Wink

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 08/11/15 at 09:46:47

If you find the answer, let me know cause the Ferguson mess here in St. Louis continues.....

Now a group called Oathkeepers showed up last night, armed, to protect the city. That doesn't help since the rioters see a double standard allowing armed, middle aged white men in camo to walk around pretending to be soldiers.  

I see the rioters point, but I also know that when the latest Ferguson mess dies down (at least until next year's 2nd Mike Brown "anniversary"), these Oathkeepers will go home and live happily ever after. Meanwhile, the blacks in this neighborhood will continue killing each other to the tune of about 1 every other day.

There's such a thing as being treated equally and being treated fairly. You want fair treatment? Don't rob, steal, rape and kill at staggering rates. Do that for a while and you earn the right to be treated fairly. Equal treatment is reserved for those who earn it.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #9 - 08/11/15 at 12:18:29

Everyone has the Right to walk around armed. They DON't have the right to riot, loot, pillage,, That a group have come together to keep peace and Stop rioting isnt any kind of double standard. If you were a cop in a gunfight and someone came up and started helping you fight the bad guys, would you turn and shoot him? He's HELPING..
That you can see it as a double standard doesnt shock me.
Common sense just doesnt appear to be something youre really great with.. And, Ill continue that unless and until youre willing to admit the difference between GMO and crop crossbreeding .. By your standards, all the racehorses are GMO, because theyre the result of selective breeding.
Yep, paint me guilty. Im unable to agree that this is reasonable thinking and Im pointing it out. Im NOT calling him an idiot. Iver also made it a point to Point out where I see Mark as corect, so, before anyone goes all
Monkey POO on me, pretending this is some kinda personal attack, Ive supported Mark in other places, but to sit here and NOT see how this fails the common sense award,, I cant,, So, belittle away.
Unless, of course, Mark would like to EXPLAIN why he is able to see the rioters position as rational and how its a double standard to have Law abiding, Law supporting people show up to maintain peace in the face of Lawlessness be allowed by Law Enforcement as somehow unfair to the rioters. Shall we next hold those who defend themselves , their homes and family from home invasion guilty?

Thats a double standard! All I wanted to do was tie up, rape, maybe kill a few and steal some stuff but NOOO, the Homeowner pulls a GUN and starts shooting... Well, if HE can have a gun to defend himself, I should be able to have a gun to attack him, RIGHT?

The silliness never ends..

Would you complain if it was the National Guard? They dont live there.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 08/11/15 at 12:30:07

That you can see it as a double standard doesnt shock me.

You misunderstood my post somewhat. I see it as a double standard, but not in the manner you apparently are thinking. Felons on parole for gun crimes for example, should not have guns. Nope. That's a double standard, but a valid one. They are being treated fairly, but not equally. I think you would agree with that, wouldn't you?

Common sense just doesnt appear to be something youre really great with..

and I've promised to be good so I'll refrain from telling you what part of my anatomy to plant your lips on....

Unless, of course, Mark would like to EXPLAIN why he is able to see the rioters position as rational and how its a double standard to have Law abiding, Law supporting people show up to maintain peace in the face of Lawlessness be allowed by Law Enforcement as somehow unfair to the rioters. Shall we next hold those who defend themselves , their homes and family from home invasion guilty?

I can't explain that because that is not my position. It is my position however, that you should read a little closer.

The silliness never ends..

Well, I agree with this part anyway..... Smiley

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #11 - 08/11/15 at 12:53:50

Sayin' your not gonna' say somethin',... is the same as sayin' it...
Jus' sayin'... Lips Sealed...

That said,... I don't think a bunch of guys with guns prancing around is going to help quell the situation...
They may find out they're not the only civilians with guns...
...and if bullets fly,.. the police will be shooting at anyone that's firing...
Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #12 - 08/11/15 at 12:58:55

Are you old enough to remember the riots in California? Shop owners on the roof, armed, keeping rioters at bay, because the cops were outmatched?

No, I SAID what I said. I Called logic into question. I didnt get ugly, as others have done with me, BUT, Logic? Yeah, Ill do that. Until someone wants to help me understand what that thinking is based on, Ill questiion the thinking and the conclusion. I dont hafta tell someone I have bad ideas about where their Gramma was born or that Theyre a faulty person in their character. Clearing that up isnt sayong it, its clearing that up. Just sayin. I Didnt personally attack HIM, I Did question his thinking, and, until he is willing to and able to explain WHY he believes that, Ill continue to conclude that his thinking/feelings, whatever, are based in something other than pure logic.

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #13 - 08/11/15 at 13:51:41

Well I read the story...
It seems to be a power play. Its not really a race issue at all, just merely  a play for more power/money/prestige.

Its not relegated to any one race, though in the US politicians have used race so much and there is such an obvious indication (of race) that its a nifty crutch.

Can it be fixed... probably not. Though down here there does seem to be some ( not much) push back from Blacks. It seems that folks ( of any color) that work hard and earn their money.. dont want the government to take it from them to give to others, when there is knowledge its not going to so much "needy" and just plain "lazy". Note that those CLOSEST to the issue can see the real truth and starting to vocal about it.  
This is not to say that I can speak to it either way.. I am not black.. nor was I raised in abject poverty. But those who are/were are saying so.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 08/11/15 at 15:36:39

Sayin' your not gonna' say somethin',... is the same as sayin' it...
Jus' sayin'... Lips Sealed...

yea, I know......

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/08/24 at 00:50:14

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › School me on race......please!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.