Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 23
Send Topic Print
Twisted Sister Ralley 2016 (Read 3025 times)
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Twisted Sister Ralley 2016
08/06/15 at 12:21:34

Is it too early to start this?

link to last years...
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1414666722

South Texas does have some might fine twisty roads in the "Hill Country".
The classic set is the "Three Twisted Sisters" out around Leakey.  Highways 335, 336, 337.
Other goodies are 39 out of Hunt, Lime Creek by Lake (Puddle) Travis, McDonald Loop and 1341 by Centerpoint, etc.
Hill Country back roads, cattle guards, water crossings, roads without lines, scenery sublime and fine eateries.

Being that we arrived and left in the middle of 2 major storms, any change in timing?

WWW   IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Re: Twisted Sister Ralley 2016
Reply #1 - 08/06/15 at 12:34:06

I think we should get some input from Neal on this but I suspect a few weeks earlier or later may be a good idea. Regardless, count me in!!!

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #2 - 08/06/15 at 12:44:43

Let me jump in and promote this a bit. The Twisted Sisters and all the surrounding Hill Country have some great roads and if Neal would honor us again in leading the ride I am sure we could ride every day for 2 weeks straight and ride different roads every day. These roads though incredibly fun do not demand as much skill as the Tail of the Dragon.

Staying at the campground in Fredricksburg is very inexpensive and is a great central location for all of the hill country. Anybody that takes part in this ride will have a great time. Start thinking about it, ya'll.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #3 - 08/06/15 at 14:46:34

When ?

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 08/06/15 at 15:13:42

LANCER wrote on 08/06/15 at 14:46:34:
When ?

Late april...ish.

WWW   IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #5 - 08/06/15 at 21:56:47

When? um, I say "When it won't rain"... LOL Grin

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #6 - 08/07/15 at 03:17:10

Yeah, I could let you chase me around the Hill Country again if ya'll want.

CRAP.  Just pulled up the old maps on Google, and they did it to me AGAIN.  They don't look anything like they used to.   Angry
Not that it matters a whole lot, I just wanted to make sure we hit the roads you missed before due to ... various mitigating factors..   Roll Eyes
I started using the H/D map web site for mapping.
Here is a sample: (a ride I am taking with Mike.. if our schedules ever mesh).
http://rideplanner.harley-davidson.com/rideplanner/share/708320
Open it, click "View or Edit", pray... it might work.
Mike??  Mike WHO???  Oh.. Mike, the owner of Alamo Springs Cafe.  You might remember that place...

From what I remember, we did 39, but not the side trips.  
We never did McDonald Loop.  
Certainly did not do Lime Creek  (Puddle Travis is Lake Travis again.. for a while).  And if we do, Bear Creek is a "must do".
You did 1341 without me and thought I got you lost..  "Just keep following the road.. trust me".
Of course, the Twisted Sisters have to be done.   But I hope to do the Dirty Sister on this go round.  Weather permitting.
Really need to do Park 4 and around Inks Lake.
Yep.. I think I can entertain you!  Cheesy

Speaking of weather.  Who knows what will happen when?
You pays your money, you takes your chances!!

Be glad you did not make your trip here over Memorial Day weekend.  Lots of flooding.  MAYBE all the roads that are closed from that will be open again by spring.  Yeah.. that bad.

Sure would like to meet Lancer.  Would be really cool if Dave and Old Feller could make it as well.  And all you Texas boys that did not make it last time..  let's do this.   And, of course, all that want to come to Texas and do this, are certainly welcome to do so!!  Cheesy

Like I said before.  "OK, it ain't the Dragon.." but it's still some nice riding!

For those that are reading this.. I am the "Neal" being mentioned in the previous posts.  Your humble native guide...

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #7 - 08/07/15 at 09:13:13

And for those of you wondering what Neal looks like, he looks exactly like his avatar.

Thanks Neal for graciously accepting to lead us again. Rain or shine I want in.

Yes boys and girls, riding the Hill Country really is that much fun, it really is that beautiful, and Neal really does know his way around the Hill Country. Hope it turns out to be a great big shindig. Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #8 - 08/13/15 at 12:23:19

I,d like to go again ,  and invite some more folks too.
At least one friend , one or two brothers,and a young new rider,  he won't be new by then
Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #9 - 08/14/15 at 12:19:43

MMRanch wrote on 08/13/15 at 12:23:19:
I,d like to go again ,  and invite some more folks too.
At least one friend , one or two brothers,and a young new rider,  he won't be new by then
Smiley

Would be good to see you again.  There is a cattle guard here with your name on it!  Wink

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #10 - 08/18/15 at 20:24:07

Let's do it guys. The adrenaline rush of the Dragon is cool, but the Twisted  Sisters and surrounding area led by Neal is just as much fun, maybe even more.

For all of you that want some great rides, interesting scenery, fun commraderie (however you spell that), and great food, sign up for the ride. You will have a blast.

IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Reply #11 - 08/18/15 at 21:30:41

If anyone hauling their motorcycle is passing through, or near, Denton, TX on their way to the Ride I would be inclined to join them. I am not comfortable on that long of ride to be myself.

Kenny G

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #12 - 08/18/15 at 23:28:53

Denton is in North Texas ain't it ?  Huh

Kenny I feel better about long rides if I have company too.   From middle TN. --- South Texas is a long ride , I kinda need a 1/2 way point to camp and quit vibrating for the evening !  Grin  

Doesn't SpringMan live just a little south of ya ?   (Spring Texas)

Is that what you were getting at ?

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #13 - 08/19/15 at 04:28:51

Denton is by Dallas.  Spring is by Houston.  Not "on the way" by any stretch of the imagination.

If Lancer is coming down from Oklahoma, he might be passing close to Denton.. or could.

According to Google, it is "only" a 5 hour (300 mile) ride from Denton to Kerrville.    A bit longer and further if you get creative on the route.
I would definitely do Hwy 16 instead of 281.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
  IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Reply #14 - 08/19/15 at 06:25:30

Youzguyz,

I don't want to ride that distance on 35W or 281. I will look into route 16.

If Lancer is going that might work out for me.

Kenny G

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 23
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/19/24 at 20:39:39

General CategoryThe Cafe › Twisted Sister Ralley 2016

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.