Send Topic Print
Motorcycle Surfing (Read 146 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Motorcycle Surfing
Reply #15 - 08/04/15 at 22:29:54

Sand rails, swamp biggies, all kindsa stuff to race..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #16 - 08/06/15 at 22:05:37

Back in the day (early 80's), buddy of mine took his nice brand new 4 wheel drive pickup down to the beach here on the Okaloosa island. We had a beach party that lasted into the evening.
Back then the local police didn't always ticket you or fine you, for a fire on the beach, but you couldn't drive your vehicles on it.
Well, about 2 cases of beer later and a "hold my beer" moment happened. Him and I carried one cooler to the truck, we got there winded, so he say's "i'll drive it to the beach, we'll load it up, and get back to the parking lot before the cops even know we did it".
Well while we were loading it up, someone hollers "here come the cops!"
Slammed up the tailgate, hopped in and off we go DOWN THE BEACH! no lights and slamming into waves as they piled up on the beach.... we did this for about two miles and got back out on the road (highway 98), hit the barracks and went to sleep.
Next day we took it to the carwash and did what we thought was a really good job.
Two years later, his body and frame were starting to rust..... two years after that, he sold it to a junk yard.... a four year old truck! rusted out to beat heck!

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
FerousBastard

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denmark
Reply #17 - 08/09/15 at 11:10:52

Really cool stunt that video! Some interesting mechanics going on, you wouldn't think any kind of vehicle with that size skid plate and that small paddles on the tire, could run indefinitely across open water.

IP Logged
gizzo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiCabbage. It's
Savage.

Australia
Reply #18 - 08/09/15 at 15:45:32

I guess you've seen how they do it in Iceland?  Cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWnH30yiyQ4&feature=youtube_gdata_player  

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2