Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Dyna Muffler, Carb issues (Read 316 times)
divinerob
YaBB Newbies

Thumpers Rocks!

Buffalo, NY
Re: Dyna Muffler, Carb issues
Reply #30 - 08/11/15 at 17:03:26

Thanks Dave, much appreciated.

divinerob   IP Logged
jwenrich
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Dyna Muffler, Carb issues
Reply #31 - 09/12/15 at 22:15:11

Ok coming back to this thread. Figured all the info was here already. Bike has been running alright, except I blew out the sealant I used at the muffler tip, where the baffle doesn't seal along the outside edge.

Is instant weld sealant a good thing to use? The silicone stuff doesn't seem to work well in a dynamic environment.

So my Jetting. It runs, but I think its rich. Any choke kills it almost instantly, and the mixture screw makes no difference when screwed all the way in.  Also the tinging noise is still present, but only on start up when cold. Goes away fairly quick (2-3 minutes). Appears to be coming from the header/cylinder maybe?

Well I put the stock pilot back in and it idled really bad. The tinging got way worse, and I had to turn the idle screw up higher. But when I turned in the mixture screw all the way, it ran slightly better.

So it runs fine richer with the 55 pilot, but badly with the 52.5, but then slightly better leaning out the mixture screw. This seems odd.

I may have made a mistake with my needle though. I sanded down the tapered tip slightly, and the spacer as well, so it is now just over 2/3rds original thickness. Does the needle affect the entire circuit, down to idle?

Thanks for any input.

2012 Savage: dyna American custom, Raptor petcock, Elev: 200ft 55, 147.5, 2/3 Spacer
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 02:24:36

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Dyna Muffler, Carb issues

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.