Send Topic Print
Cables For Ape Hangers (Read 35 times)
Apstanfill
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Cables For Ape Hangers
07/30/15 at 22:15:07

I was wondering of someone could tell me where I could purchase all cables needed for putting 12" ape hanger on my savage. Thanks much for any help Smiley

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Cables For Ape Hangers
Reply #1 - 07/31/15 at 03:56:24

The Savage is a somewhat low production, low interest bike when it comes to getting aftermarket parts.  There are very few things made specifically for the S40/LS650.

I made my own clutch and throttle cables using kits form Venhill, and ordered a front brake hydraulic line in the length I wanted.

The only difficult part is learning how to solder steel cables to brass fittings.  The flux you use is different than what you use for soldering copper pipe.....places like Grainger have the proper fluxes for soldering steel.  I found that it was hard to "tin" the cable without getting it too hot and scorching it.  I discovered that a piece of steel held in a vice could be heated from underneath and the solder melted on top....and the fluxed end of the cable could be dipped into the molten solder to tin it (worked great).  Then the brass fitting can be placed on the cable end and heated to solder them together.

https://www.venhillusa.com/

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 20:25:59

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Cables For Ape Hangers

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.