Send Topic Print
Replacement front pegs (Read 217 times)
most
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Replacement front pegs
07/28/15 at 19:09:32

Anyone know whether these Suzuki universals from dime city are an easy swap on the Savage? Sounds like they are pretty close to the right diameter, if a bit short.

IP Logged
Boogie_with_Stu

Look Ma, no hands!

Raleigh, NC
Re: Replacement front pegs
Reply #1 - 07/28/15 at 23:52:22

I couldnt get that link to work, so I cant comment on those specific pegs, but I CAN tell you that there is no such animal as a 'universal Suzuki foot peg" that drops in to the Savage mount...at least, I couldn't find anything like that when I spent 3 weeks online looking for front pegs.

I ended up on eBay. There's a seller there that modifies several different styles of foot pegs to fit on the Savage. I put these on and they look and fit awesome. Seller is DZCustoms and several of the guys here have bought from him.

new_pegs.JPG

03 Savage, Pearl Novelty Black,Raptor mod, Boulevard seat, Rectifier mod -'07 Honda Nighthawk 250 stock
  IP Logged
JutMan

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Poconos
Reply #2 - 07/29/15 at 05:53:51

I bought a set off ebay for a Harley, I had to drill out the hole to be a bit larger but that was all. They slipped right on after that.

2005 S40 / Jetted / Dyna / Raptor Petcock / Pegs, Signals and Grips Changed / Front Seat Lift
Future: Repaint / Sportster Seat / Breaklight
  IP Logged
UneSauvage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 07/29/15 at 07:24:47

I bought the plain o-ring pegs from DZ Customs. They are heavy, nicely finished, and pretty easy to put on. Just pay attention to parts orientation when you take the old ones off.

IP Logged
nof1
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 08/17/15 at 14:46:19

I just installed a pair of harley pegs.  The ones for the sportster models (which  normally need drilling out) can be fit with a m6 x1.0 bolt and a bushing to shim out the bolt and fit the peg hole.  I found a 1/4 x3/8 bronze bushing that worked great .  You'll need about a 1/2" for each foot peg.  I just bought a 1" and cut it in half. Only a few miles on the set up but working fine so far.

IP Logged
mastercarstech
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 08/17/15 at 17:21:11

I have a cheap set of ISO pegs I bought at a swap meet. Ordered a set of Kuryken peg adaptors for the s40 last night, should be here early next week. I'm hoping they do the trick! I'll update once I get them fitted.

IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #6 - 08/18/15 at 04:58:29

Boogie_with_Stu wrote on 07/28/15 at 23:52:22:
I couldnt get that link to work, so I cant comment on those specific pegs, but I CAN tell you that there is no such animal as a 'universal Suzuki foot peg" that drops in to the Savage mount...at least, I couldn't find anything like that when I spent 3 weeks online looking for front pegs.

I ended up on eBay. There's a seller there that modifies several different styles of foot pegs to fit on the Savage. I put these on and they look and fit awesome. Seller is DZCustoms and several of the guys here have bought from him.

Stu, those look interesting. So you have a picture of them on the bike?  Thanks

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
mastercarstech
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 08/20/15 at 19:08:31

Well, got my peg adaptors today Smiley  couldn't wait to try them out so out to the garage first thing after work. And......of course they won't work.  Undecided  I got Kuryken adaptors part no 8802, recheck the website and coming up with different part numbers. Hmmmm, thinking I might have misread it the first time I looked them up. Also, the oldest S40 they list is a 2005. I took a chance even though mines an 86 hoping they would at least be close enough to work with. Guess I'm gonna ride on the stock pegs at least the rest of this year. Dying to put some miles on this thing! Cheesy

IP Logged
chzeckmate
Serious Thumper

Be the person your
dog thinks you are

Houston, Texas
Reply #8 - 08/21/15 at 00:43:49

prechermike wrote on 08/18/15 at 04:58:29:
Stu, those look interesting. So you have a picture of them on the bike?  Thanks

I have the same ones.  See here:
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1439580294/6#6

most wrote on 07/28/15 at 19:09:32:
Anyone know whether these Suzuki universals from dime city are an easy swap on the Savage? Sounds like they are pretty close to the right diameter, if a bit short.

The ones in your link won't fit.

'05 S40, dyna muffler, rejet, high flow filter, Mobil 1 Racing 4T, Shinko 230 set with 140/90 rear, raptor, seat lift, LED running lights/signals, tach, reversed risers, homemade MR10 Lexan windscreen
  IP Logged
Boogie_with_Stu

Look Ma, no hands!

Raleigh, NC
Reply #9 - 08/22/15 at 00:53:28

Thanks for covering me there chzeck...I've been working some odd jobs and stuff and havent been here much (or had much time to work on the savage).

Still think that windscreen is a piece of art bro Cool

03 Savage, Pearl Novelty Black,Raptor mod, Boulevard seat, Rectifier mod -'07 Honda Nighthawk 250 stock
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 23:32:18

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Replacement front pegs

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.