Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
2011 Suzuki Boulevard S40 clutch pedal (Read 178 times)
AggieownedS40
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

2011 Suzuki Boulevard S40 clutch pedal
07/27/15 at 22:17:07

Ok, I'll admit it, I laid my savage down for the first time tonight. Took a turn going a little too fast and lost control. Fortunately, I don't think anything serious happened to the bike, but i did break the clutch pedal. The pregnant dog broke off right at the base of the pedal arm. I am looking to replace it because, lets be honest, I love my savage and I don't want to see her go. where would be a good place to find a replacement? I don't really mind the price, she is worth it. Please help me, I want to get back to riding as soon as possible.

IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Re: 2011 Suzuki Boulevard S40 clutch pedal
Reply #1 - 07/27/15 at 23:00:43

Aggie,

Here is a reliable place to buy Savage parts.

http://www.ronayers.com/oemparts/

Kenny G

IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #2 - 07/28/15 at 03:09:02

There is no clutch pedal.
I presume you either mean the clutch lever or the shift lever.

In either case, ebay is a good place to find parts as well.
When you search in ebay, use this:
suzuki (s40, savage, ls650) part description
I.E.
suzuki (s40, savage, ls650) clutch lever

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #3 - 07/28/15 at 04:06:58

And......there is always your local Suzuki dealer.  You can buy parts from them.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #4 - 07/28/15 at 05:54:52

Dave wrote on 07/28/15 at 04:06:58:
And......there is always your local Suzuki dealer.  You can buy parts from them.

But call first.  The ones around here don't stock squat.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #5 - 07/28/15 at 06:06:49

youzguyz wrote on 07/28/15 at 05:54:52:
Dave wrote on 07/28/15 at 04:06:58:

But call first.  The ones around here don't stock squat.

Nobody stock much of anything anymore.  There are just too many models to stock a large selection of parts.

Back in the 70's I worked in the parts department of a Suzuki dealership.  There was a much more limited choice of bikes to buy, and the bikes shared a lot of common parts.  We stocked fenders, clutch and brake levers, shift levers, chains and sprockets for the off road bikes as they were replaced often, and the clutch and brake levers were pretty much a universal fit across the entire Suzuki lineup (racing, enduro, street).  We also stocked most cables and air filters, and our parts department was stocked with parts that sold regularly......even pistons and cylinders!  Parts that were not often replaced were not stocked and special ordered when they were needed.

Most likely the same thing occurs today - dealers will stock the parts that are needed on a weekly or monthly basis...however they will most likely not stock a shift lever for a Suzuki Savage if they only expect to sell one every year or two.  Most bikes don't have common clutch and brake levers anymore.....and each model most likely takes a lever that is unique to that bike. Some of cable clutches....some have hydraulic clutches.

Online dealers are also just like your local dealer.....they might have the common parts in stock - but if you need a shift lever for the Savage they most likely will have to place a special order just like your local dealer will.      

IP Logged
AggieownedS40
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 07/28/15 at 12:23:08

ok, thanks for all the help! Once I get the new lever, how easy is the repair? I have moderate mechanical knowledge and basic tools available.

IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Reply #7 - 07/28/15 at 13:03:05

Aggie,

If you need the clutch lever they are available on eBay dirt cheap.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bikemaster-OEM-Clutch-Lever-Polished/141456010178?_tr...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Clutch-Lever-Suzuki-LS650-S40-VL800-C50-VZ800-M50-/31...

This is probably about one third the price of a genuine Suzuki clutch lever.

Kenny G

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #8 - 07/28/15 at 19:00:47

AggieownedS40 wrote on 07/28/15 at 12:23:08:
ok, thanks for all the help! Once I get the new lever, how easy is the repair? I have moderate mechanical knowledge and basic tools available.

I still don't know what it is you are in need of.  A clutch pedal, a clutch lever.......a shift pedal?

I can't tell you how big of a job it is if I don't know what you are working on.  Do you operate it with your hand.....or with your foot?

If it is a clutch lever....stay away from the aftermarket Bikemaster stuff.  The quality control isn't that great, and some of them come with the bushing already too big and they flop around just like a worn out lever.  

IP Logged
Gary_in_NJ
Serious Thumper

LS650 Cafe Racer

Amongst the Twisty Roads
Reply #9 - 07/29/15 at 05:57:20

What broke?

Here's what I don't understand. If I were going around a turn too fast causing my bike to loose traction, it would be at a speed that would have killed me and left the bike unrecognizable. Yet the OP claims that he/she was going around a turn too fast, lost control, and broke a (incorrectly identified) part that I would expect to break if the bike was knocked off its side stand. This whole story sounds like a self induced panic accident to me - at a very slow speed. The OP needs to get to a rider training course.

AggieownedS40, after you figure out the part that is broken and get it replaced, please get your self proper training at a MSF course.

A life-time student of motorcycling.
LS650 Cafe, DRZ400SM, FZ6N, SV650S, CB900C, Ducati ST2, CB550F-SS
My LS650=> http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/Left.JPG
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #10 - 07/29/15 at 06:40:33

I have always felt that new riders of bicycles and motorcycles are likely going to fall down a few times.....it is part of the learning process.  I was lucky enough to have learned by riding bicycles aggressively as a kid, and then moved on up to riding motorcycles off road.  Falls were common as I learned how to ride in mud, loose soil, leaves, steep hills, rocks, etc.  The off road bikes were durable and most falls and tip overs resulted in no damage, and as I learned the falls became less common.

I am so glad I learned to be coordinated in the dirt.....as learning to ride on pavement has far more serious effects.  Pavement is not forgiving, and the street motorcycles are far heavier and have turn signals, mirrors and lights that are all somewhat fragile.

Any new rider has to learn about turning and stopping on gravel, how slippery those white stop bars and directional arrows on the pavement can be when the pavement is wet, how irregular surfaces and potholes can throw a bike around (I hit a bump on the last Dragon ride that threw me out of my seat).

It is inevitable that a tip over or fall will occur to any new rider....hopefully they will be minor ones.  There also is the need to learn how to brake and steer for accident avoidance......and learing how to brake hard safely is very important.   And yes....I do support the attendance of any rider (new or old) at the Motorcycle Safety Foundation training classes.

IP Logged
Gary_in_NJ
Serious Thumper

LS650 Cafe Racer

Amongst the Twisty Roads
Reply #11 - 07/29/15 at 07:35:47

Same here Dave. I got my first bike at the age of 10 years old in 1973. After two years there wasn't much left of that glorious TS-50. I learned all of the basic skills on that bike- including crashing.

Fast forward to 1981 when I purchased my first street bike. I was completely comfortable and capable of riding my new GN-400, but I can remember spending a lot of time trying to understand the physics behind turning and steering while braking. It would be many years before I would learn the actual nature of the control inputs.

Dirt riding taught me not to ride timid. Street riding taught me how to ride. My signature below ("a life-long student of motorcycling") is as true today as it was when I first said it 20+ years ago. There is always something new to learn or to get right.

A life-time student of motorcycling.
LS650 Cafe, DRZ400SM, FZ6N, SV650S, CB900C, Ducati ST2, CB550F-SS
My LS650=> http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/Left.JPG
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #12 - 07/29/15 at 21:53:02

Shifter?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #13 - 07/29/15 at 22:09:08

brake pedal!

WWW   IP Logged
JutMan

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Poconos
Reply #14 - 07/30/15 at 11:41:40

Ok, pick one!

controls.gif

2005 S40 / Jetted / Dyna / Raptor Petcock / Pegs, Signals and Grips Changed / Front Seat Lift
Future: Repaint / Sportster Seat / Breaklight
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/07/24 at 00:55:19

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › 2011 Suzuki Boulevard S40 clutch pedal

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.