Send Topic Print
Your voice in DC (Read 73 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Your voice in DC
07/23/15 at 13:29:57

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/house/248974-house-passes-gmo-labeling-...

Excerpt
Rep. Mike Pompeo (R-Kan.), who authored the bill, called mandatory labeling laws — which have already passed in Vermont, Connecticut and Maine — unnecessarily costly given that GMOs have been deemed safe by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).

And how many lawsuits against drugs that WERE FDA approved have we seen?
What happened to choice? Informed consent?
Gee, since a bunch of bought and paid for jackasses said it's okay, it's okay.
I guess everyone forgot about the tufts of hair between teeth of third generation GMO fed mice.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Your voice in DC
Reply #1 - 07/23/15 at 14:04:29

Food is my business Jog.

Mandatory GMO labeling is the height of stupidity. The collective "knowledge" of those leading this fight wouldn't fill a thimble.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #2 - 07/23/15 at 14:36:32

Bad for business? Business needs to change. You want to feed crap to people and keep them in the dark. Organic food is good. GMO is dangerous.
I've posted links to pictures of mice, third generation, with hair between the teeth and tumors and sterile. Our food supply is toxic now. Let's turn from that.
Or, convince me.. you point to the ignorance of people like me,  teach me why I should trust this..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 07/23/15 at 15:49:52

You've been eating GMO foods your entire life. All of us have.
The amount of junk science reporting on this topic is astronomical.
If our food supply was toxic, we'd all be dead by now. you have no first hand knowledge of food processing, you have no idea what you're talking about. You're repeating crap written by activist one step removed from 9/11 truthers.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #4 - 07/23/15 at 17:01:44

Not GMO, big difference between gene guns shooting genes and cross pollinating crops.

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #5 - 07/23/15 at 21:15:42

Huge difference between selective breeding and direct genetic manipulation
we haven't had that ability for our whole lives

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #6 - 07/24/15 at 12:09:49

WEB, by your logic racehorses are genetically modified.
Earlier, you accused me of being ignorant. So far, you're the one who looks like you don't know what you're saying.

You were quick to point out that we would all be dead, but that is not right.
We all have Toxins in us. Some people eliminate them efficiently, others, less so. Some die, some suffer chronic illness, that's me. I'm very sensitive to pesticides. I haven't driven in about six months. I finally figured out what I'd been eating. Breakfast burritos.. I thought they used clean food.
I DO know what I'm talking about. I've been damaged by environmental things that are generally not a problem for people. I don't detox well.
I can eat something with MSG in it and be in bed in less than two hours, trembling and shaking, feels like an electrical storm in my brain.
I know a lot more than you think, but, since you disagree, I'm nuts.
Remember, YOU tried to make selective breeding the equivalent of GMO.
People were working with plants to get larger fruits, veggies, etc. for centuries before the Gene had been discovered.

This is when you admit that you're wrong.

« Last Edit: 07/24/15 at 15:34:42 by justin_o_guy2 »  

IP Logged
HovisPresley
Serious Thumper

Good Vibrations!

Midlands, UK
Reply #7 - 07/28/15 at 11:16:00

I worked in the organic food industry back in the 90's, and I'm a big permaculture fan. I studied Biology for 2 years, after I left school. I couldn't help but wince when I read a couple of posts on this thread  Shocked

Mark, would you be so kind as to elaborate on what you consider GM food to be about?

'96 Bobbobbobber
  IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #8 - 07/28/15 at 13:10:37

If you look hard enough and have enough money, you can find "experts" who will testify to anything.             Tobacco is good for your lungs.           Torture isn't really torture.          2 plus 2 really equals 3  or 5.          With enough $$$ .......

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 07/28/15 at 15:25:16

jog, The article you linked was about individual states being allowed to pass individual laws regarding GMO labeling.   I said that was an absolutely horrible idea. We already have to go through a bunch of nonsense because of the state of California is poultry laws. And my comment was correct, there is so much ridiculous commentary associated with the GMO name, it's pathetic. there have been ridiculous protections of disaster by pseudoscientists for years now. I don't believe your original link article was discussing "gene guns".
and I give you credit for researching a lot of things jog but as you probably know I think you come to the wrong conclusion many times because of your preconceived notion about corporations, industries  and your tendency to view everything through a conspiracy prism.

IP Logged
HovisPresley
Serious Thumper

Good Vibrations!

Midlands, UK
Reply #10 - 07/28/15 at 15:52:39

So, Mark, have we been eating GMO all our lives?

'96 Bobbobbobber
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/02/24 at 16:09:47

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Your voice in DC

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.