Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Hunting rattlers...
Reply #15 - 07/24/15 at 17:54:51

I've had 3 rattlers in my back yard over the years...

First one,... I called the fire dept.. they came and collected it, then released it into the.desert...  
Then they tried to charge me $290 for removal.
I said, I didn't call them for my sake,... I called them to save the snake... and F-off...

Second one,... I beheaded with a shovel...
 Third one,... ran off before I got my shovel...  Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #16 - 07/24/15 at 18:01:01

Serowbot wrote on 07/24/15 at 17:54:51:
Second one,... I beheaded with a shovel...

Been there, done that! I had him (or did he have me? Hmmm...) cornered in a garage.

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #17 - 07/24/15 at 18:20:25

Near Ft. Davis, West Texas, I was riding my Kawasaki 750 twin and just as I saw the snake, it struck at my leg. The rattlesnakes there are green and really pretty,but, maybe kinda mean. I went back and collected rocks. Knowing my aim, I didn't try to hit it. I just kept humming them above it.
It finally got pissed off enough to strike. Knocked hizzass OUT. I went and stepped on its head, pulled the knife out and left him there... in two pieces.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #18 - 07/24/15 at 18:32:54

We stopped on the side of the road somewhere around Raton, NM (headed to Denver) for the kids to use the bathroom. Pretty redneck, but it was dark and they were young. While we were standing there behind the car door we saw one of the snakes I posted below not 3 feet away. I don't know if he was friendly, we didn't ask.

http://nmherpsociety.org/reptiles/snakes/arizonaelegansphilipi/index.html

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #19 - 07/24/15 at 18:52:35

I'd guess it's safe, but like mushrooms, experts only. I'm not seeing a pit between the eyes.
No snake is a
Friendly
when kids are involved, unless you KNOW what kinda snake it is.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #20 - 07/24/15 at 21:03:22

According to that site, it's non-poisonous. Doesn't matter. Neither is this guy and I'm not taking any chances!

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #21 - 07/25/15 at 07:49:19

Round eyes, not venomous, doesn't mean it won't bite, and the bite hurts
I got hit by a Copperhead once, lucky I had on off road MC boots
Those guys hit you a bunch of times, like a machine gun
MC boots work good for crushing a snake's head, once you hold him down with the other foot
Last time I went n the woods without a gun lol

IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #22 - 07/25/15 at 08:40:21

Art Webb wrote on 07/25/15 at 07:49:19:
Round eyes, not venomous, doesn't mean it won't bite, and the bite hurts

'zactly!

IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #23 - 07/30/15 at 17:24:53

Since I've moved I have a longer ride to the hospital (and everywhere else) to make my visits, go to town, etc. The good part of that is, I get to ride my bike longer. I was thinking today about the rattles that are on our bikes, especially the speedometer. And thankfully, I've never heard that. Of course, I'd have to have my head in the gas tank to hear it. But hey, as long as I don't hear it, it doesn't bother me.  Cheesy

Back to the snake topic, a couple of weeks ago I was coming home from the funeral home, my second job. I was wearing my suit and riding the bike, naturally. Someone had run over a rattlesnake on the highway, so I stopped to collect the rattles. But when I cut them off, there was a little meat left on them. Not wanting to put that in my good clothes pocket, I looked around and found a piece of paper on the shoulder, wrapped the rattles in that, and stuck it all in my shirt pocket.  That worked well for about two miles and then everything blew out right in front of my eyes. I didn't even slow down for them.  Undecided

And late this evening, someone hit a bear in their Suburban. Bent the bumper pretty good, but straightened that out with a chain and a truck. Minor injuries to the passengers, killed the bear. I couldn't help but think what if a motorcycle had hit that bear. And while we (the VFD) were still there, another bear crossed the road about 200 yards farther down.

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #24 - 07/30/15 at 19:57:06

That could've been life threatening either way! Be careful out there!

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #25 - 07/31/15 at 09:28:05

Was out walking the dog down the dirt road I live on two weeks ago and had him come upon a 4 foot cotton mouth. Stupid sh!t tried to go after it but I was able to stop him with a couple good tugs on the leash. Mean looking snake all coiled up in the weeds. Had the pistol but didn't want to scare the puppy with gun shots, he gets all upset with loud noises. Ended up tossing sticks and handfuls of gravel at it till it slithered away. Heard that my neighbor killed it the next day.
 don't mind the non poisonous ones but I still try to stay away from them. A friend killed a Coral snake just a few miles away, ick and eek

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #26 - 07/31/15 at 10:54:03

I remember when I was probably 5 or 6 years old, my daddy killed a water moccasin crawling up the back our boat. He beat it to death with an oar. There's just something evil looking about snakes!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 12:21:58

General CategoryThe Cafe › Hunting rattlers...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.