I wonder....... (Read 69 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
I wonder.......
07/17/15 at 13:26:06

I'm trying to gather an abstract thought, perhaps you all can frame it for me....
If a movement based on discriminating against others of opposing beliefs, etc, and used violence as a means to combat those they deem enemy, would not our political leaders and media speak out against them without sparing feelings?
If the KKK, or a lone wolf with the same mindset took to violence would they show such constraint as it seems they do with these radicals under authority of their interpretation of Islam?
Would we see a concerted effort to find the cancer that drives this illness?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: I wonder.......
Reply #1 - 07/17/15 at 14:02:15

The mean the constraint of blowing the Holy hand grenade out of them with drone's?...

... Grin

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 07/17/15 at 14:55:04

No bot, I wasn't thinking so much about the battlefield, against a so called defined target/combatant.....
I am talking about the lone wolf domestic attacks.

As evidenced by some of the NSA behavior, I'm sure somebody is trying to find these folk before they act....
I just don't hear the scolding of press, etc, if these perp were from like I said, the KKK, or killing of abortion doctors by zealous religious folk....
You see what I mean?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 07/17/15 at 16:06:52

just don't hear the scolding of press, etc, if these perp were from like I said, the KKK, or killing of abortion doctors by zealous religious folk....
You see what I mean?

Interesting ideas. And, gee, sure is a good thing every communication runs through a sniffer. Unless it's from a Wal-Mart phone you buy and put minutes on.

The bad guys aren't going to get an I phone.. Really?

And what policy will change? Is it REALLY a bad idea to have the people tasked with the responsibility of defending the country carrying weapons to defend themselves?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #4 - 07/17/15 at 16:59:37

Well jog when some white dude goes stupid and shoots up people, especially a politician, you get all sorts of coverage and the anti-gun folk get free air to piggyback their political bent with propagandizing....
I see fox and politico giving it play, and some political posturing by the right, but even that seems chump change compared to if a white homophobic whack went on a rampage and killed folk because they are gay....
I am trying to see a link, or am I just fabricating things in my own mind????

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 07/17/15 at 17:21:52

Some say trying to see a link is biased. Ignoring connections is biased.
Questioning ones own thinking? Pretty good indicator that bias is not the problem.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #6 - 07/17/15 at 17:40:41

I think that raydawg is wondering if there is some possible common physiological link that these shooters share.   (It IS NOT religion !)  Some factor that would give warning of future anti-social behavior ????  

At what point in time was the decision made (and by whom) that members of the Armed Forces were not allowed to have and carry weapons ???    During the '60s every unit had guard duty with weapons and live ammunition. As an NCO I was utilized as a Military Policeman in San Diego, Oceanside and Long Beach.  I carried a 1911A1 with 15 rounds, a nightstick and a pair of  handcuffs.   I remember an incident in San Francisco where two (armed) MPs apprehended a mugger (in the act) and held him until the SFPD arrived and gave first aid to the elderly lady too.          
To quote the Hillary "What difference does it make now?"

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #7 - 07/18/15 at 09:53:56

Well it would be nice to find a common denominator in whack jobs, but I was wondering more about why we, or Obama and other press, academia, etc, when describing these Jihadist type killings never refer to their faith, as being part of the component ?

In a recent interview in SI Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, a person who I greatly admire, remarked, "Why must peaceful Muslims like myself answer for violent perversions of that religion ( Islam, added by me to clarify) while counterparts in other faith get a pass?"

If you recall recently Obama re: radical Muslims would not even field a question, opting instead to bring up the Crusades and the dastardly deeds they performed, in effect, giving a pass to Islam and using perverted Christianity as his out....

This is what I am talking about. It is almost like if we don't acknowledge it, it might go away....
I call that masking, it was how I use to justify my alcohol consumption instead of addressing it forthright.

Does this make it any easier to see what I trying to convey?  Embarrassed

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #8 - 07/18/15 at 10:28:21

Okay, I think I see something here... maybe not exactly where you're going, but fits into the same conversation, I think.

A flag or symbol, used by a group who hold some common ground, share some beliefs and unite to achieve something, then , that same flag or symbol is displayed by an individual who then does something bad, is it reasonable to believe everyone who has or associates somehow with that flag or symbol bad?
If some kook straps a Bible to his chest and walks into an abortion clinic or a gay bar and starts killing people, would banning the Bible be the way to stop hate?
Check out Chappell, and I Am hunting for the video of the man talking about Choosing to feel offended.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #9 - 07/20/15 at 08:26:51

raydawg wrote on 07/18/15 at 09:53:56:
Well it would be nice to find a common denominator in whack jobs, but I was wondering more about why we, or Obama and other press, academia, etc, when describing these Jihadist type killings never refer to their faith, as being part of the component ?

In a recent interview in SI Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, a person who I greatly admire, remarked, "Why must peaceful Muslims like myself answer for violent perversions of that religion ( Islam, added by me to clarify) while counterparts in other faith get a pass?"

If you recall recently Obama re: radical Muslims would not even field a question, opting instead to bring up the Crusades and the dastardly deeds they performed, in effect, giving a pass to Islam and using perverted Christianity as his out....

This is what I am talking about. It is almost like if we don't acknowledge it, it might go away....
I call that masking, it was how I use to justify my alcohol consumption instead of addressing it forthright.

Does this make it any easier to see what I trying to convey?  Embarrassed

While I can agree with Jabbar, why must the innocent pay for the guilty... are any of these sleeper cells being turned in by their comrades?

And isn't bringing up the crusades the same thing?  As well as the civil war?

Are we responsible for the crusades cause we're cristian?  Slavery cause we're white?

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #10 - 07/20/15 at 08:50:03

and the horns blare

Dunt duh duh Duuuuh!

Making the point that is SO obvious, yet the dumb masses are acting like what Versy said isn't really what we need to be seeing. Seems like the whole world is operating on non sequiturs and pretending THEY have the facts.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #11 - 07/20/15 at 08:58:26

dam, that's a big word.

WWW   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #12 - 07/20/15 at 09:02:03

Are we to blame for the Crusades, or the slavery of the South?,... No..

Are all Muslim's to blame for the terrorist acts?,.. No...

...but, I will be a little concerned if American Muslim's start hanging ISIS flags on the bumpers of their pick-up trucks, whilst having full gun racks mounted in the back windows,...
...or if they start displaying them at NASCAR events...
Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #13 - 07/20/15 at 09:46:10

verslagen1 wrote on 07/20/15 at 08:58:26:
dam, that's a big word.  

It encapsulates a concept that describing takes too long. It was seeing the news as a child, listening to someone tell me
This and this happened, which Means THIS is the Obvious conclusion.
The dumb masses nod and go on, as if it's just so. Finally, they've become so blatant that the masses are starting to question.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/05/24 at 03:24:55

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › I wonder.......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.