Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Updated the look of the Savage (Read 71 times)
spearheadss

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Wylie, TX
Updated the look of the Savage
07/12/15 at 16:20:12

I painted a little bit on the Savage today. I need to touch up a few things still. But, I am happy with the overall results. (Edited to actually make pics show up.)

2001 Suzuki Savage. Screaming Eagle exhaust. Raptor Petcock. Routy's Forward Controls. 150 Main and 50 pilot.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Updated the look of the Savage
Reply #1 - 07/12/15 at 17:11:12

Overall good look. What kinda seat izzat? I can't figure what supports the passenger. Engine looks good like that, I re-cleared mine, so, I know what prep for paint is,, if you enjoyed that, then you're probably a masochist, which would explain the lawnmower.... or, you made someone else prep the case, which means you are probably a sadist, which would leave me believing that you make someone else push the mower.
Kinda looks like the LF signal is pointed down some.
How is your exhaust supported at the back? Thought I saw wrapping go up under, but the Kindle has a small screen. I'd get a full sized monitor, but I don't need to compensate for anything.
So what is the back story? I should probably know it, but, I don't remember.
Year, miles, how long you've been riding, is that the little red  glass pack I read about the other day?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
spearheadss

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Wylie, TX
Reply #2 - 07/12/15 at 17:37:27

The seat is a Corbin. I'm a masochist. I was a Marine and believe what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I guess I am also a sadist as my wife mows the lawn. The LF signal is pointing down some. I just haven't gotten to that. It has been Dow the list of maintenance items. I created a custom mount for the muffler. I do most of my internet surfing on my iPad so I understand about the small screen. 13,000 miles on the 2001 Savage. I have been riding for years started racing on dirt. That is actually a Screaming Eagle muffler from a Sportster.

2001 Suzuki Savage. Screaming Eagle exhaust. Raptor Petcock. Routy's Forward Controls. 150 Main and 50 pilot.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 07/12/15 at 18:40:45

Your dirt riding makes you less likely to drop it in a corner.
Getting close to time to look at the tensioner. It'd be a good winter project.

Your wife is a tough lady,
As for the
What does not kill you makes you stronger thing..
I bought into that for a long time.
It's a great philosophy for dying young or getting old and being crippled up.
I didn't die young. I've wondered many times if knowing the consequences would have been enough to slow me down. I NEEDED to do the things I did.
There just might be a reason men die younger.
How big is your yard, anyway?
My grandmother was a helluva woman, milked thirteen cows a day, pulled cotton, beating the men, watching her rip through a field wielding a hoe was something to see. And she didn't have electricity in the barn, milking was all by hand. She had a separater machine, to get the cream out,
She had forearms like Popeye.. Her sewing machine,,, it didn't plug in.
She sure was happy when they got indoor plumbing..
And watching her wring a chickens neck, scald it, pluck it, singe it, and put Sunday dinner on the table was just amazing. But I never saw her mow the yard. I don't remember seeing anyone mow.. plowing,irrigation, everything, but mowing,,  I don't remember seeing the mower,
Maybe it had hooves?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 00:21:26

General CategoryThe Cafe › Updated the look of the Savage

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.