Send Topic Print
Need electrical help (Read 323 times)
HovisPresley
Serious Thumper

Good Vibrations!

Midlands, UK
Re: Need electrical help
Reply #15 - 07/16/15 at 17:25:24

In the last two pictures, the horns are probably 'upside down' because the maker's name is upside down on them both.....

'96 Bobbobbobber
  IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Reply #16 - 07/17/15 at 04:07:30

In the last two pictures, those horns are water traps.

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #17 - 07/21/15 at 19:34:02

Hmmm.  I mounted mine in a way that seemed to be the best for drainage should water get in them.  This is also the direction many others have mounted them on bikes.  Certainly open to suggestions but I agree that mounting them the way shown in the other pics posted by Stu looks like water would get trapped.

By the way, I had a situation where using my horn was needed the other day.  Riding along in traffic and my Spidey senses were tingling as I watched this driver just ahead and to my right.  She just looked like there was gonna be trouble; several people in the car with her and she didn't look too focused on her driving.  Sure enough, she turned on her signal and started lane change without checking her mirror or looking over her shoulder.  I hit the horns (man, those suckers are loud) and she corrected.  Everyone in the car had a quick head swivel when they heard the horns.  I backed off and motioned for her to come on over but she was still too intimidated to complete her lane change.
I don't aim to misbehave with these horns, but it sure is nice to have the decibels.

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
Boogie_with_Stu

Look Ma, no hands!

Raleigh, NC
Reply #18 - 07/21/15 at 19:53:32

Tocsik, I meant no harm with my comment. Just a visual "perception" difference of tastes I suppose. I'm sure that the way you mounted them will give you much less grief with water/debris.

Glad to hear they work so well too Cool

03 Savage, Pearl Novelty Black,Raptor mod, Boulevard seat, Rectifier mod -'07 Honda Nighthawk 250 stock
  IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #19 - 07/23/15 at 11:17:00

No offense taken, Stu.
I'm always open to suggestions and better ways to do things!  I kinda wish there was some sort of cover I could put over the horns while leaving them open.  Sort of like the cowbell over some Harley horns.  I think it would look much better from the sides and I may look around for something like that.

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #20 - 07/23/15 at 12:52:40

Anytime I see Original Equipment horns shaped like this....the openings always face down. (Even though you most likely want the sound going forward).

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #21 - 07/23/15 at 13:14:13

The name is upside down, . Swap sides, name right side up, water, well, hafta drain better..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #22 - 07/23/15 at 15:37:15

I think thet look grand just the way you got em, and they have enough tip to drain, I wouldn't sweat it too much
Moar cowbell!  Grin

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #23 - 07/23/15 at 19:37:12

I'm sure that you can explain how it drains, with the inlet on TOP.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #24 - 07/23/15 at 20:12:44

Inlet ain't on top JOG, looit the pitchers again

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #25 - 07/23/15 at 20:15:25

Sure ain't on bottom..I've been looking.. whoever pointed out that the name is upside down offered a clue, grab it.

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #26 - 07/23/15 at 20:37:13

JOG
You're looking at the pics Boogie wit Stu posted, of how he thinks the y look better
those are the ones with thew horns on top (BTW, just to be clear, that's not an 'inlet' it's where the sound comes out)
The OP's horns are mounted correctly
http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k548/Tocsik87/S40/IMG_20150711_163606356_...

vs
http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/Right_Horn.jpg

note the radiator in pic 2

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 19:15:45

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Need electrical help

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!