YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Ouch! My feelings!
Reply #31 - 07/13/15 at 11:10:08

Yer' asking an atheist... Grin...
...but, I guess it's believing Jesus will get you an E-ticket in the afterlife. Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
HovisPresley
Serious Thumper

Good Vibrations!

Midlands, UK
Reply #32 - 07/13/15 at 11:17:28

WM "I don't think there's a lot of room for ambiguity when he comes to Jesus, at least there shouldn't be."

No ambiguity? I think the multiple translations of his teachings over two millennia provides a fair bit of potential ambiguity....

'96 Bobbobbobber
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #33 - 07/13/15 at 12:15:35

but, I guess it's believing Jesus will get you an E-ticket in the afterlife.

You get partial credit; maybe a tad more because you are an atheist so you've clearly done work outside the classroom......

Belief and faith are not the same thing.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #34 - 07/13/15 at 13:07:24

Serowbot wrote on 07/13/15 at 08:17:22:
Nice sideslap Dawg... Grin...

If you don't interpret teachings,... what's the point of having them?...

One man's "pigeonhole" is another man's gospel...
I guess you think you know better... Waaaaaaaay better...Roll Eyes...

That is a guess on your part, nothing more.
I have no better way, I follow, as if a sheep.....
If I am still I hear my masters voice.
How do I know it's him?
He sustains me.
It is not predicated on absolving myself of all sin and assigning guilt on others.
I am not perfect and have many,many faults, and need not a scapegoat as a reason why.....
Truth lies within me, yet I don't always acknowledge it, for I am flesh and temptation always a battle....
And yet with grace, I am at home with sustainable peace.
To not know personally the Holy Spirit is to not know and it will never be known by those who will perish. No intellectual reasoning, feelings, or human relationships can deliver it to you...
No pope, president, or loved one, none.
We are born of flesh and it dies, none escape that, but it takes a way greater imagination to believe everything, even these words you are reading presently, are just random chance, the same randomness that holds the universe together and let homosapiens evolve to dominate and all other life our domain.....

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #35 - 07/13/15 at 13:10:19

Serowbot wrote on 07/12/15 at 22:44:27:
I am constantly astonished that I am alone in my compassion and empathy...

You're wrong. I can't even watch AFV because seeing people hurt causes me pain. That I question a story taught as fact DOESN'T mean I don't care for others. I question the validity of the story. The same schools taught me why we were in Nam. It's politically valuable for people to believe that story. Even IF they didn't kill six million, they committed atrocities. Joseph Mengela ,,,  the whole thing is awful. Seeing our wounded vets makes me sick. Get over yourself, you're NOT the only one who cares.

It is not a weakness to feel for others.

I help pEople, giVE to charity, you act like if someone isn't a democratic supporter they won't holD a door open for a stranger. And no, I don't care what they look like.

It is not self pity.
Understanding, is not a weakness.

Compassion comes from strength.   It is extending your blessings to others...

Chivalry and honour are dead...  

Either you simply haven't read what I've been saying all these years or you see yourself as just better. I'm totally confused, I've explained, and you judged,you completely failed to grasp what I said. Completely.

I'm such a heartless bastard I don't try to help people, my neighbor would just faint if she heard someone say I don't care for others. I'm gonna lock up self righteous

adjective 1. confident of one's own righteousness, especially when smugly moralistic and intolerant of the opinions and behavior of others.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #36 - 07/13/15 at 13:39:41

Returning to the original post...
  I remember a conversation I had a few years ago with a university professor. According to him many of the youth from the upper income and social strata families were unable to deal with the real world.  They were frightened by people who disagreed with their points of view and virtually traumatized by anyone resisting their arrogant behavior.  
   I lived in a family where there were several Nazi pieces. They were brought back by my father and uncles. One uncle was a German speaking intelligence officer, who had been one of the first to enter several of the camps.   I attended school with a few children with numbers tattooed  on their arm, (they weren't ALL Jewish either.)

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #37 - 07/13/15 at 15:37:36

Wasn't directed towards you, JOG...

Nobody in particular...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #38 - 07/13/15 at 15:50:54

You made a statement. You claimed to be the only one who cares. I didn't see my name on the

Except for
list.
I am constantly astonished that I am alone in my compassion and empathy..

I replied.
Suggest you read it again, don't miss the last bit.

Believing what was Taught, knowing that some were lies, because it's such a heart breaking story, doesn't make it all true or you the only caring person.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #39 - 07/13/15 at 18:11:02

A'righty,..  you want to be nasty...
Now I'm all butthurt... something about an adjective... Undecided...

The Holocaust is undoubtedly the most thoroughly documented tragedy of all time.  Representatives many countries documenting everything possible, using every method imaginable.  Even Germans...
There is no doubt here.

The Holocaust happened,.. we did land on the moon,... Obama is a US citizen... 9/11 was an act of terror by Muslim radicals,...
Hinckley shot Reagan,... Oswald shot JFK,... Chapman shot Lennon...
Life is real,... not some fantasy... not a pulp fiction mystery...

Believing these things is not harmless.  It demeans the innocent.
It is in essence, calling 6 million people liars...
They've been hurt enough...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #40 - 07/13/15 at 19:22:01

Nasty? No, but I read what you said and, to me, that was nasty.
I DON'T KNOW, about some of the things you're talking about.
As for some of what you're talking about, time will tell.
The research you refer to has been done from both sides.
The fact that Nam was a lie but we were taught why we went to war in school,, ? The Liberty? Pure cover-up. Hey, we disagree, tolerate that.
I tolerate you, right up until you claimed the moral high ground.
You believe whatever you wanna believe, and so will I.

I am constantly astonished that I am alone in my compassion and empathy..

That's what upset me.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #41 - 07/13/15 at 20:02:47

Well,... If it helps,... I'm not alone in my compassion and empathy...
Hovis, agreed with me...  
Webster, actually kinda' agreed too...

Didn't change your position.... but now I'm not on the battlefield alone.

Read your first post on this topic... do you see any tolerance?... other than for a Nazi?... I didn't single you out, nor did I exclude you...
For that reason...

I was in love with a Jewish girl for few years, back in my 20's... some of her family still bore the stain of numbers tattooed on them.
Very faded,... but they knew them by heart...
Trust me,... they weren't making this stuff up.
The issue of Israel and the Holocaust became personal to me...
So, I'm a little edgy on the subject.
My apologies...

I will leave this topic...

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #42 - 07/13/15 at 20:24:17

No reason to leave, that solves nothing and removes any opportunity to build a bridge to understanding, not agree, but able to add another flavor in the stew..... 😝
We often see the pitfall of dialouging with a message board, without all the benefits of talking in person, we "hear" what we want and add even more intent than what it really was meant to convey....

On a different note, not that the holocaust wasn't tragic and evil, but let's turn to Asia and all the killings and dynasties through the centuries, the pure hate off another culture.....
Why do we not here more about those tragic events too, some more current that the holocaust too?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #43 - 07/13/15 at 20:38:53

Quote:

Why do we not here more about those tragic events too, some more current that the holocaust too?

Mass killings occurred under Communist regimes during the twentieth century with an estimated death toll numbering between 85 and 100 million.          

The Soviet Union killed 10s of millions more than the Nazis and no one would know unless one did the research.

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #44 - 07/14/15 at 05:11:52

Sew, you've got the thinest skin on the planet! Jog, a guy who thinks a missle hit the pentagon despite hundreds of people who all saw a jet fly into it, runs you off that easily?! Hell, i usually have to work really hard to run you off, but Jog does it with a single sentance?! Come on man!

besides, tell us about the Jewish girl....  what would a Jewish girl and atheist guy do for Christmas?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/05/24 at 03:28:02

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Ouch! My feelings!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.