Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Is this knocking or normal?? (Read 204 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Is this knocking or normal??
Reply #15 - 07/15/15 at 22:50:01

chasethorn wrote on 07/15/15 at 19:31:47:
Also say if I let off the clutch in 2nd at a low rpm, it sounds like something is knocking like something's loose where th front of the engine is. The knocking does sound like its at the top of th engine I will look into adjusting the valves. I have no idea how to do so though haha

It'll make a hekkuva racket if you lug it. It's just getting broken in. Don't do that.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #16 - 07/16/15 at 00:02:45

Please don't start from rest in second, they don't really like it and they will make some protest noises. I would go from first to second at 12-15mph. They will also shake a little if pulling out of a corner at very low speed in second. I don't know if that hurts them much.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #17 - 07/16/15 at 07:56:51

you should NEVER be in 2nd below 15mph, with a load on the engine, and 20 is better
This is not a Harley big twin (they wouldn't like that, either, honestly) It's a Suzuki Single that likes to rev
A Motorcycle is NOT a heavy duty truck with a low gear for use only when heavily loaded, first gear is there to be used at low speed, and should be when appropriate
don't start out in 2nd, don't go round corners at 5-10 mph in second, don't lug the engine

IP Logged
chasethorn
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Colorado Springs
Reply #18 - 07/16/15 at 14:49:03

Sorry about that guys! I've never started off from stop to start in second. I meant going from 1st to second real slow like around a corner it kinda lugs a tad. That's what I meant! Thought I'd clear that up as that'd be silly!

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #19 - 07/16/15 at 14:58:30

chasethorn wrote on 07/16/15 at 14:49:03:
Sorry about that guys! I've never started off from stop to start in second. I meant going from 1st to second real slow like around a corner it kinda lugs a tad. That's what I meant! Thought I'd clear that up as that'd be silly!

well that a relief
still, grab some revs before hitting second, the engine will thank you. It's odd to rev the whee out of a cruiser, but they do like to rev
I used top run mine like a cruiser, shifting at low speeds, now I run it more like a low riding dirtbike  Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 20:42:32

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Is this knocking or normal??

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.