Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Running very hot with details (Read 62 times)
Rylee

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Long Beach California
Running very hot with details
07/04/15 at 10:04:47

Backstoty :
I had a stuck float that flooded the case a few weeks ago and had to flush and replace the oil after fixing the carb issue. It was late and I was at the shop so all i had was plain old valvoline 10w-40 MC oil. I only live about 3/4 mile from the shop so on the ride home the bike didn't have a chance to warm up enough for me to notice. A few days later I did a group ride and noticed the bike was running hot. And when I say hot it was hot enough to cook the 550* rated VHT exhaust paint off the header. I immediately thought 2 possible issues. Lean or oil. No other aspects had changed. I parked the bike until I  could change the oil back to Rotella.

I changed the oil days ago and rode it the 1st time last night. I had on my 3/4 helmet so I could here the engine. She's still hotter than hades. And I'm noticing a louder than normal "poofing" sound from the engine. All the Internet research I've done has said burnt,bent or bad valve. Or bad head gasket.

But dyno says there feels to be a loss in power. But could that be because she's super hot or is it possible loss of compression?

I pulled the exhaust late last night to peak into the engine and the torque cone I have in there that was a bit black from sut before is now burnt clean.

I need to pull the plug and see how it looks. This is killing me. With my wife having gone back to work I need a running bike since she uses the only vehicle we have.

Any helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated

96 Bobber
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Running very hot with details
Reply #1 - 07/04/15 at 10:25:36

I still say it's the carb.  burnt everything outta the exhaust.   Shocked
check the float height,
check the flow (drop the bowl and put a funnel under neath, there's a listing for flow rate somewhere)

and if that doesn't get it, come on over and I'll lend you a good working carb.

WWW   IP Logged
Rylee

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Long Beach California
Re: Running very hot with details
Reply #2 - 07/04/15 at 14:57:58

@verslagen1
I'm gonna test the float height like you suggested. Just out of curiosity what would that do with running hot?

If I do end up coming out your way I'm gonna pick up that exhaust from you we spoke about when I got the tensioner. Most of these issues have come post exhaust mods. I've been chasing proper back pressure even erythromycin since the first exhaust I built and I'm at the point of I'd rather have a running bike than a blown engine with a cool looking exhaust on it!

« Last Edit: 07/04/15 at 19:00:44 by Rylee »  

96 Bobber
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 16:28:55

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Running very hot with details

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.