tom3949
YaBB Newbies

On the bucket list -
Daytona bike week.

Liverpool, UK
Re: new here
Reply #15 - 07/06/15 at 12:17:46

Welcome!

New here myself and I can't enthuse enough about this site. Everyone is so incredibly helpful. Everyone who has a savage, (or is thinking of getting one), should join up.

1993 Suzuki Savage based RYCA bobber
  IP Logged
Boogie_with_Stu

Look Ma, no hands!

Raleigh, NC
Re: new here
Reply #16 - 07/06/15 at 12:49:06

Welcome aboard!!  I'm relatively new here as well...just getting back into riding after a 25 year hiatus. You'll find everyone here is very helpful no matter what the problem might be. To say that this forum and it's members are more qualified to answer questions or give technical advice about the Savage/S40 is not an overstatement. Your average garage motorcycle tech has never worked on a thumper in his life.

A brief word of caution: The guys here are mostly average dudes, some with WAY above average intelligence, and most are quite friendly. There are some however( whose names we will not mention) who deliver their exceptional advice with what may seem like a high degree of arrogance and edginess. If you run into this, just remember 2 things-

1) It's the INFORMATION that is critical. Ignore the delivery.
2) Emotions rarely translate in a text forum. These guys aren't mean or nasty...they are ACTUAL know-it-alls (no sarcasm implied) and expect that if you ask a question, and they give you the correct information, that you will not argue with them or "yeah, but.." them.

Having said that, I have asked some of the simplest "dang I should have known that!" questions here and always gotten an answer. Don't ever be afraid to ask. Just watch out for chzeckmate.. he's a troll Smiley

Last point. When you use the search function, the default time frame for the search is just 2 weeks. If you dont change it to 6 months or a year, you will never get a hit on your question.

Ride safe, have fun, and keep the rubber side down!

03 Savage, Pearl Novelty Black,Raptor mod, Boulevard seat, Rectifier mod -'07 Honda Nighthawk 250 stock
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 04:15:20

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › new here

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.