Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
more power with a dyna muffler?S (Read 67 times)
dustystranger

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

more power with a dyna muffler?S
07/03/15 at 20:15:38

So the common wisdom is that a dyna muffler makes more power and you will have to rejet.  Has anyone ever ran a stock savage head to head with a dyna modified bike?  My impression is that the dyna sounds better but you wont go any faster.  I have tried a sportster and a dyna muffler and a Heiden tuned megaphone and my other savage (box stock) is actually about one bike length faster.  So it really is no big deal.  The difference in sound is worth the change.  But drilling holes (like Routy did) makes a pretty good sound also.  I agree that the dyna does look nicer.  The heiden muffler looks the best.  That is just my opinion; I could be wrong.

IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Re: more power with a dyna muffler?S
Reply #1 - 07/03/15 at 22:43:16

Yeah, no real improvement other than it sounds "better".

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Reply #2 - 07/03/15 at 23:23:09

Dyna is also 6 lbs lighter than stock. It's all good! Cool

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #3 - 07/04/15 at 10:37:24

dustystranger wrote on 07/03/15 at 20:15:38:
So the common wisdom is that a dyna muffler makes more power and you will have to rejet.  Has anyone ever ran a stock savage head to head with a dyna modified bike?  My impression is that the dyna sounds better but you wont go any faster.  I have tried a sportster and a dyna muffler and a Heiden tuned megaphone and my other savage (box stock) is actually about one bike length faster.  So it really is no big deal.  The difference in sound is worth the change.  But drilling holes (like Routy did) makes a pretty good sound also.  I agree that the dyna does look nicer.  The heiden muffler looks the best.  That is just my opinion; I could be wrong.

did you run the two bikes against each other before the Dyna install?
was the bike with the dyna on it now a full bike length behind then? half a bike length? even?
Theres a lot of room for variance of power in 'clearnce stacking'
I wouldn't run a Dyna muffled S40 against a diferent S40 to judge weather or not I'd gained power, I'd compare the 'after' number to the same bike's 'before' numbers
If there is a diference, it's not huge, there's not a lot of 'free' power to be unlocked in a low powered engine like an S40's
At least it sounds better though Cheesy

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 07/04/15 at 10:52:12

You allowed it to breathe better, but if you didn't go out and clock your zero to sixty times a few times and then do that again after the change,there is no way to prove anything.  It looks better and sounds better and lost six pounds.
What kinda MPG you getting, how do you ride? You push the envelope in curves or just ride thru easy?
If you want more, consider a cam and jetting.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 16:29:09

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › more power with a dyna muffler?S

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.