clutch cable broke (Read 160 times)
chzeckmate
Serious Thumper

Be the person your
dog thinks you are

Houston, Texas
Re: clutch cable broke
Reply #15 - 07/05/15 at 08:06:59

I figured you were going to say lawn mower throttle cable from the hardware store.  That would be the first thing I'd try if I had no other options.  Good work!...Glad you made it home safe and sound.

'05 S40, dyna muffler, rejet, high flow filter, Mobil 1 Racing 4T, Shinko 230 set with 140/90 rear, raptor, seat lift, LED running lights/signals, tach, reversed risers, homemade MR10 Lexan windscreen
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 07/05/15 at 08:25:57

Other stuff suddenly starts looking useable in a bind. Throttle return spring broke on a Mack truck, out in the boonies of West Texas,, except for this burger/beer joint, Miniskirt Junction, I bought the spring off of the screen door, used wire from a fence, got it home. Three dollars..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Boogie_with_Stu

Look Ma, no hands!

Raleigh, NC
Reply #17 - 07/06/15 at 13:06:50

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/05/15 at 08:25:57:
Other stuff suddenly starts looking useable in a bind. Throttle return spring broke on a Mack truck, out in the boonies of West Texas,, except for this burger/beer joint, Miniskirt Junction, I bought the spring off of the screen door, used wire from a fence, got it home. Three dollars..

MacGyver lives!!

I love stories like this. That has been the way I do things all my life....so much so that my last job (was there 15 yrs) I was THE go to guy when engineering or maintenance couldnt figure out a solution.

Most of the presses, molding machines and riveters in our plant were well over 40 yrs old. We had some screw machines that had "War Department" on the boiler plate labels Shocked

03 Savage, Pearl Novelty Black,Raptor mod, Boulevard seat, Rectifier mod -'07 Honda Nighthawk 250 stock
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 06:29:20

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › clutch cable broke

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.