Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Audiophile Score
06/30/15 at 18:38:55

Been into nice audio equipment for years, prefer analog and vinyl but accepted that digital is here to stay. Well had a windfall on the way home today. Sitting on the side of the road waiting for the trashman was a stack of two pieces of older equipment. As I was tossing them into the back of the truck all I could see were a set of VU meters bigger than my hand on a amp and a older audio power mixer covered with dust. Hee Hee, I ended up with a Onkyo Integra M504 power amp rated at 200 watts per channel and a Peavey 684 stereo power mixer.
 Hit the shop and used a old Kenwood analog reciever for a preamp on the Onkyo and it worked great, sound was crisp, clear and loud enough to overload the shop speakers at 1/5 volume. Bet I could launch them across the shop at full volume. Haven't tested the mixer yet but all the lights come on when plugged in. Don't know if I'm using the mixer but still want to see if it works.
 Shop Audio Upgrade Time  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Re: Audiophile Score
Reply #1 - 06/30/15 at 19:21:58

Sweet!

IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Reply #2 - 06/30/15 at 20:27:23

Really sweet! Congrats  Smiley

In years past, I have seen some of what appeared to be good stuff on the side of the road like that.  I have normally just left it sitting figuring something must be wrong with it. But, these days, people have no appreciation for quality, will happily sit there and listen to 20% distortion and comment on how good it sounds, don't want anything single purpose (one box has to do it all), I might have to start paying more attention.

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 06/30/15 at 21:40:03

Free stuff that you want... beat that.
Look on CL and see what they sell for.
Not that you would.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 00:20:31

General CategoryThe Cafe › Audiophile Score

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.