Send Topic Print
Ludicrous speed... (Read 167 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Ludicrous speed...
Reply #15 - 06/30/15 at 10:41:56

I got to , I believe, 132, on a straight stretch id checked out. It scared me so bad I never wanted to go that fast again. The ditches came in, the stripes on the road going right under me. No way would I have negotiated a curve.
Maybe with time, on a course, maybe, but, this is just beyond what average people can do. And I've xone some wild stuff with a car,but this kinda speed is ridonkulous. I drove in a demolition derby. I could spin backwards, slap.it in reverse, drive, spin it , slap it in D and go. The Rockford turn around is really easy. Just be sure the front tires are well inflated. I started on snow covered parking lots. Changing lanes and not hitting bumpers is good practice.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Re: Ludicrous speed...
Reply #16 - 06/30/15 at 19:04:32

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/30/15 at 10:41:56:
I got to , I believe, 132, on a straight stretch id checked out. It scared me so bad I never wanted to go that fast again. The ditches came in, the stripes on the road going right under me. No way would I have negotiated a curve.
Maybe with time, on a course, maybe, but, this is just beyond what average people can do. And I've xone some wild stuff with a car,but this kinda speed is ridonkulous. I drove in a demolition derby. I could spin backwards, slap.it in reverse, drive, spin it , slap it in D and go. The Rockford turn around is really easy. Just be sure the front tires are well inflated. I started on snow covered parking lots. Changing lanes and not hitting bumpers is good practice.

I had a buddy I used to ride with, back when I had my Ninja 500, who was always going 'too fast'
I used to gripe at him all the time about it
One day, he had found this nice wide back road (RR or FM) and put me in front
So there I am, blasting along and having nine kinds of fun, not even looking at my speedo
Near the end of the road I happened to glance down at my speedo while heeled over in a nice fast sweeper, and nearly fell off the bike
I was doing 125 MPH
in a curve
and not afraid

he let me ride his GSXR 1000 one time
I never did again
Why? I caught myself rolling 160 MPH (NOT on a curve lol)
and I wasn't scared
That scared me

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 22:19:22

General CategoryThe Cafe › Ludicrous speed...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.