Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
My other bike build (non savage) (Read 193 times)
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Re: My other bike build (non savage)
Reply #15 - 07/01/15 at 18:35:50

Rylee wrote on 06/22/15 at 22:48:32:
She approved this build under the pretense that I was going to sell one of them when it was done  Grin

Ruh roh!  Grin

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
Rylee

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Long Beach California
Reply #16 - 07/13/15 at 23:14:07

Finished her up today. Other than an annoying chain slap on a part I will grind down tomorrow morning she's pretty solid. I'm liking the new gearing it brought the bottom end of the 883 alive. Still haven't decided on bars as of yet. I have a few options of off the shelf bars we have at the shop. I don't wanna do away with the stock speedo cause of all the diagnostics and electronics it has on it so I'm going to have to stay with the riser setup since the speedo is part of the riser clamp. I may go as much as a 12" high bar just need to get extended cables for it. Time will tell. Springer is probably not gonna happen since the wife figured out I'm most likely keeping both bikes and she put a hold on my spending. All in all I've got about 1400 bucks in the transformation and about 20 hours of work.

I'm super happy with the exhaust sound but not so happy with the look. I had to fab up an air cleaner plate since the stock one was in the way and I couldn't bring myself to spend hundreds of dollars on a  brand name filter setup. Came out nice and I used my RYCA 90* elbow I got for the savage and didn't like on it.

The RXCelerator closed loop programmer is fantastic. Within 50 miles of riding I could literally feel it tuning the lean mixture out. With every stop idle got smoother and acceleration seemed more responsive. I haven't had a chance to really roll the throttle seeing how the chain is contacting a certain spot from where I cut the old back half off and didn't cut deep enough. That will be fixed in the AM however.

All that's left is a set of Firestone deluxe champions front and rear and some slimmer turn signals up front to replace the goody stock ones. It's nice having a bike with signals.

20150713_153943-1-1-1-1.jpg

96 Bobber
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #17 - 07/14/15 at 07:31:26

nice!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 00:31:30

General CategoryThe Cafe › My other bike build (non savage)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.