Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Gas mileage what? How does she do it? (Read 197 times)
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Re: Gas mileage what? How does she do it?
Reply #15 - 06/17/15 at 10:59:26

Yep, Dave, I'm stepping in what you're dropping!  That's what I was experimenting with last night with the wireless unit, actually tried to put the magnet (after market neodymium one) on the brake disc and the sensor 'velcro' taped to the bottom of the left front fork tube, but it was just too much and wouldn't cooperate.

I like to "hide" wires and things, so my hope is that I can work the wire down the brake line neatly and jump over to an inconspicuous part of the left front brake/hub area and hide it all there.

I'll let you all know what I end up with in the event that you all also want to take old rider's trick for a spin. Wink

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #16 - 06/17/15 at 11:55:23

I don't have a picture - but what you are explaining is exactly what worked for the Trailtech Vapor.  The magnet was attached with JB weld to the brake disc, and the sensor was on the bottom of the fork leg like you described.  The wire was attached to the hydraulic brake hose running to the front caliper.

It worked just fine......but I recently went GPS so I could get a speedo and tach with number and dials for a vintage look.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Meme
YaBB Newbies

Knees in the breeze!

Reno, NV
Reply #17 - 06/18/15 at 19:33:22

That looks like a great idea.  One of the first things I noticed (AFTER I bought the Savage) was that there wasn't a trip meter on it.  I've always used the trip meter as my gas guage on my bikes, and taught my girlfriend to do the same (the Savage is for her).  This looks like a cheap and simple solution!

Hopefully she will be able to get as good gas milage as old_rider's wife. lol

'96 Savage, 93XX miles, drilled exhaust cap.
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #18 - 06/19/15 at 09:33:15

Well, if you plan on going over 75mph.... it gets kinda iffy....
When I went to Texas last month, on the interstate, I was passing cars doing about 80ish and noticed that the Bell 100 was fritzin' (going between 60mph and 75), but settled back down below 75mph.
It is accurate on speed, I checked it against my gps and the savage (which is spot on with the tire I have), so the odometer should be accurate on your mileage figuring (well, up until past 75mph).

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 22:21:46

General CategoryThe Cafe › Gas mileage what? How does she do it?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.