Savage vs S40 Carb (Read 154 times)
TC
YaBB Newbies

All you gotta do is
jump.

Thousand Oaks, CA
Savage vs S40 Carb
06/12/15 at 22:28:13

Are there any differences between the Savage carb and the S40 carb?  There are a handful of parts bikes near me on Craigslist and I don't want to waste money on a carb that won't fit.  I have an 06 S40.

2006 S40/Black/Biltwell Keystones/Reversed Drag Risers/Gaiters/Raptor/Dyna/Belt guard Delete/Engine Guard Delete/Bates Tail Light/Side Mount Vertical License
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: Savage vs S40 Carb
Reply #1 - 06/13/15 at 03:10:10

TC wrote on 06/12/15 at 22:28:13:
Are there any differences between the Savage carb and the S40 carb?  There are a handful of parts bikes near me on Craigslist and I don't want to waste money on a carb that won't fit.  I have an 06 S40.

They are same, with Only very slight variation with the 80's models go get ehem for a good price.;
The 80's has a better jet needle which can be adjusted, it has 3 clip not instead of just one

IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #2 - 06/13/15 at 07:18:30

Listen to Lancer, our resident carb expert.

They are the same except for a few parts that will probably need to be tuned anyway (jets, etc.).

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
Yoshi
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

LongIsland, N.Y.
Reply #3 - 06/14/15 at 08:52:23

I have a clean carb off of a 87 Savage, they are the same but the needle/slide inside has a clip so no washer modneeded on these.

For Sale in the Marketplace

IP Logged
TC
YaBB Newbies

All you gotta do is
jump.

Thousand Oaks, CA
Reply #4 - 06/17/15 at 17:18:32

Yoshi wrote on 06/14/15 at 08:52:23:
I have a clean carb off of a 87 Savage, they are the same but the needle/slide inside has a clip so no washer modneeded on these.

For Sale in the Marketplace

Yoshi I've seen yours as I'm sure most have, but 160 for a carb nearly 30 years old is steep.  Way too spendy for my pockets.    Undecided

2006 S40/Black/Biltwell Keystones/Reversed Drag Risers/Gaiters/Raptor/Dyna/Belt guard Delete/Engine Guard Delete/Bates Tail Light/Side Mount Vertical License
  IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #5 - 06/17/15 at 19:02:39

Have you priced a new one? They're ~$600!  Shocked

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 06/17/15 at 19:34:55

What's wrong with your carb?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
TC
YaBB Newbies

All you gotta do is
jump.

Thousand Oaks, CA
Reply #7 - 06/18/15 at 20:55:37

took it off a bit ago to clean/rejet... pilot was stuck and clogged.  tried every trick i had ever heard of and asked around a bit to get it out because i couldn't get anything in it to clean it out and at least get it running nicer.  ended up drilling it which worked but i must have nicked the carb body a bit  Embarrassed
I'm going to try some really small pilots to make up for the excess flow, but also exploring other options in the mean time.  haven't even looked at it in weeks.  full time student, two jobs and a baby due in july i have no time no money and its summer in socal...

which leaves me looking at junkers going for $200 on craigslist.  trying to source a dirt cheap carb from someone who doesn't care.  

and kris01, yeah i know its not a cheap part.  if i could afford even an eBay used carb id be buying lancers kit.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #8 - 06/19/15 at 03:28:39

I have a good carb body I could sell you......without all the other parts.  I bought a theft recovery bike and all I got was the carb body in the box.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #9 - 06/19/15 at 14:03:41

haven't even looked at it in weeks.  full time student, two jobs and a baby due in july i have no time no money and its summer in socal..

What are you studying, where are you working, when do you sleep
And, you have my respect.
Looks like Dave may be your guy.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
TC
YaBB Newbies

All you gotta do is
jump.

Thousand Oaks, CA
Reply #10 - 06/19/15 at 22:22:14

Dave wrote on 06/19/15 at 03:28:39:
I have a good carb body I could sell you......without all the other parts.  I bought a theft recovery bike and all I got was the carb body in the box.

Dave thats really all I need.  Shipping cost is to 91320.  If you'd rather email me; thomascoryfoster@gmail.com.  

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/19/15 at 14:03:41:
haven't even looked at it in weeks.  full time student, two jobs and a baby due in july i have no time no money and its summer in socal..

What are you studying, where are you working, when do you sleep
And, you have my respect.
Looks like Dave may be your guy.

Justin,
Biblical & Theological Studies, Part time at Apple, Full timeish construction (economy...)

And as far as sleep goes, they say when you first have a baby there is very little of it, so you could say that I am practicing.

It was literally 80 and the sun was still out when I got off work at 8pm tonight...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #11 - 06/19/15 at 22:48:22

Biblical & Theological Studies, Part time at

Apple,.

No irony there...

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 14:23:55

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Savage vs S40 Carb

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.