Fast track....weird. (Read 73 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Fast track....weird.
06/12/15 at 20:14:22

I can't help but think if it was the repubs who/had voted against O, the story would be about racism, obstructionism, partisanship,  etc.....

As much as it pains me to agree with Nanny P, I think she is right on this.

Why do we need a provision that provides for displaced workers if this program is implemented.....
How can any "free trade" that causes current workers to lose their employment be good for us?

This is an odd one, I just don't get it.
The only explanation is " One World Order" and whoever, or whatever, is behind it, even O won't chance pizz'n them off for fear of ??????

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Re: Fast track....weird.
Reply #1 - 06/13/15 at 08:36:19

Seems you guys are just as confused as me, no replies, no nut'n.....

Reading some pundits on the dang thing can't give anything concrete either...

What was in this SOB?

Is their a threat of JFK outcome leveled on O in whispered threats if he doesn't give them what they "paid for"?

Come on guys, share your thoughts, JOG, tell me about your helicopters  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 06/13/15 at 12:14:59

From what little I've heard,language in it would allow presidents to make treaty law without congress and allow corporations to sue and force us to allow them to import products that dont meet safety standards.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #3 - 06/13/15 at 17:49:33

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-05-27/julian-assange-tpp-deal-isnt-about-t...

Evidently, there are 29 chapters in this agreement and only 5 have anything to do with traditional trade. Their is an interview with Assange in the link that paints a better picture.  

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #4 - 06/13/15 at 18:47:44

I think you mean a more complete and accurate picture. It doesn't make it look better to me.
Please note I was talking about this months ago.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #5 - 06/14/15 at 07:32:38

Was it not Bill Clinton who said for every job lost by NAFTA, two would be gained?

It seems to me, this remark by Obama on Saturday, that the workers’ aid, through the Trade Adjustment Assistance legislation, providing job-training, community-college education and other help for the tens of thousands of American workers each year who have been hurt by past trade deals -- “the kind we’re not going to repeat again.”

“For the sake of those workers, their families and their communities, I urge those members of Congress who voted against Trade Adjustment Assistance to reconsider,”

The assistance is set to expire in September.

Is Clinton wrong, is that the tens of thousand YEARLY number Obama refers?

What is different now about fast track then?

I am guessing this is BIG corporations passing the BUCK and responsibilities (liabilities)  off to other entities to limit their risk of losing their capital.....  in order to appeal to more "investors" to risk greater sums, into ventures, etc.
It appears some of the very policies Obama and the democrats put into effect with their EPA, Union (demands) , legal mitigations, etc, have become too great a financial hurdle/burden for corporations, consuming too many dollars of their budget and making the risk (of capital ) a poor bet.... and this is BIG money (globally)  pulling the strings on their puppets.

Is there not a politician who is not in the pocket of lobbyist but common folk, anymore?

Too bad the Tea Party "movement" got derailed and co-opted, we need that kind of energy back, returning the power back to the PEOPLE...

Not sure if the battle is over folks, but it is getting close.

The Bible talks a lot about being a sheep.

They are dependant upon their shepherd.

He provides all their concerns, if he is a good shepherd.....

Does a good shepherd exist in Washington?

Do you feel like a sheep?  

Be honest, look around you.....

Look at ALL the government has done, is doing..... that we should be doing for ourselves.

BHHhhhhaaaaaaaaa

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #6 - 06/14/15 at 09:42:35

http://historycentral.com/documents/Clinton/SigningNaFTA.html

Exactly whether or nothe told that particular lie, I dunno.
But, how told plenty. NO WAY did the people involved didnt know  what it would do
AND NOTE  that Bush AND Clinton supported it.
More
Differences
to note between the parties.
Youd call it a party, too, if your entire life was making fortunes not just ripping off schmucks, but convincing them youre taking care of them.
I try to see drivers of cars with political bumper stickers.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #7 - 06/14/15 at 10:32:20

IF our electeds Represent OUR wishes , how can they vote on anything
like this that we haven't seen and approved of?

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/06/10/wikileaks-releases-more-of...

Things they have done RIGHT IN FRONT OF US have screwed us.
How comfortable are you while they operate
On our behalf,coff,coff
In secret?

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #8 - 06/14/15 at 12:24:11

Quote:
On our behalf,

Our so-called elected representatives are no longer even bothering to PRETEND that they are acting on our behalf. This fight is about which of THEM stands to benefit whether this particular boondoggle passes or dosen't pass. They are not keeping its contents secret from each other, just from us poor saps that elected them.

Anyone who doesn't see this as a giant "F- You" to the citizens of this country from our elected officials isn't paying attention.

Voting is a waste of time. Trees and ropes might work better.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #9 - 06/14/15 at 13:04:20

I think the way to get their attention is for people to either not vote or write in names not on the ballot.
Urban legend? I heard Mickey Mouse nearly won a presidential election.
Both sides supported NAFTA. Anyone with a brain could see what would happen.
So,why did they do it?
Why not change it?
Why would anyone vote for anyone who supports the TPP?
I'm stunned by people who support either party.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #10 - 06/14/15 at 17:01:00

Quote:
no longer even bothering to PRETEND

Well said.   Undecided

Best regards

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #11 - 06/15/15 at 11:04:04

oldNslow wrote on 06/14/15 at 12:24:11:
Quote:
On our behalf,

Our so-called elected representatives are no longer even bothering to PRETEND that they are acting on our behalf. This fight is about which of THEM stands to benefit whether this particular boondoggle passes or dosen't pass. They are not keeping its contents secret from each other, just from us poor saps that elected them.

Anyone who doesn't see this as a giant "F- You" to the citizens of this country from our elected officials isn't paying attention.

Voting is a waste of time. Trees and ropes might work better.

/agree

I saw the Assange interview as well.. its most all I have to go on. I am against the whole TPP from the get-go based on non-transparency.  My understanding is (per Assange) that the TPP would allow multi-national corps to sue any and all government entities in arbitrage (not court) for lost profits. Basically, this would make any and all laws (like EPA regs) subject to a private secret tribunal.  Multi-national corps could get out of being stuck with such regulations while local businesses would be stuck with compliance.
Example given is that Uragray wanted to have notices on cigarette packages just like int he USA, but R.J. Reynolds blocked it as it would impact local sales.
Another example, was that if a multi-national built a private hospital, and then later a city wanted to build a public one, they could be STOPPED or have to pay for lost profits.
The point being that ONLY multi-national corps would get the benefits and that the TPP would trump all national laws and regulations and ther would be NO WAY to sue then except in a tribunal and then only by a government entity.
TPA would autherize the TPP. Never in history had the TPP failed if the TPA passed. So when the repugs asking for jsut passing the TPA, they KNEW it meant the TPP could not be blocked once the TAP passed.  SCUM.
In this case, the (whats left of) the Tea party types were joined by the democrats as pressured by the UNIONS.. who had enough clout/money to find out about the TPP.  What strange bed-fellows.

My mother (old school democrat) and I did agree though... even though Obama did "support" the TPP.. it just did not seem like his heart was in it. Which makes me wonder that he technically met backers requirement that he support it, while not being too upset it didn't make it.  

This all begs the question though... can we as a group write up a trade agreement ( in secret) that only benefits us and take it to Washington? I want only real gas/ say 50% of all refineries output for only motorcyclers use. ANd free oil and free tires.. and free helmets and free jackets... and free insurance. All that stuff I have to have.. to be a GOOD rider for the car folks.

amiright?

Cheesy

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 06/15/15 at 11:11:14

I posted this already! About corporations gaining too much power and compared them to a mercenary army.

This must be how JoG feels all the time.

--Steve

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 06/15/15 at 11:57:50

I think government has more power today than 100 years ago so it's far easier today for corporations to influence public policy. So much of our lives are regulated by one government agency or another that it's difficult to do anything without conforming to some regulation laid out by unelected bureaucrats.  Hell, I was going to buy and license a utility trailer from a guy off craigslist who didn't have it titled in the state where he lived before because they didn't require it. Now, if I bought it off him, I would literally have to go to three different government agencies in order to legally pull this trailer down the road. I mean come on, this is getting ridiculous. I have to get a notarized bill of sale so I have to go to a notary public. Then I have to get a state inspection at a facility approved by the state that does inspections which is usually a gas station or something like that. Finally I have to go to license bureau which is a company subcontracted to do licensing for the state. When was the last time you ever bought or sold a piece of land, do you remember how much paperwork was required?
Government regulations almost always open up opportunities for businesses to get involved and charge a fee.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/05/24 at 02:29:07

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Fast track....weird.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.