Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Harley Davidson Exhaust upgrade (Read 67 times)
mibeaulieu
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Harley Davidson Exhaust upgrade
06/09/15 at 17:41:34

Just did the exhaust upgrade to my wife's LS650.  Wow - what a difference!  I used the ryca adapter and the Harley Davidson Exhaust 65747-94 with the cobra heat shield. It came out pretty good.  Very easy install with simple hand tools.

DSCN4461.JPG
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re:  Harley Davidson Exhaust upgrade
Reply #1 - 06/09/15 at 18:28:56

There's no downside to the Dyna.
Better sound,looks,lighter,and a bit of a power bump,
But it may require a rejet..
How does it run?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
mibeaulieu
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 06/10/15 at 07:10:04

I bought this bike for my wife.  I don't ride it much.  the initial test had some decel popping but nothing too bad.  I'll probably take it out today for another road test and we'll see how it rides.

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #3 - 06/10/15 at 07:33:57

I live in AL and have the Dyna. Very pleased with sound and performance. I have a little popping if I completely release and snap the throttle closed on decel versus feathering it. Sometimes I like it when I want to been seen and heard, but can not do it if I want to be quiet.

My bike was rejetted (I can't remember the size it's been so long).  I would suggest getting it to run smooth with focus on the acceleration throttle response and overall riding performance, and not try to chase the decel pop gremlin. You'll spend enough time here to eventually understand that that's just the nature of these bikes, and if all else if performing top notch, a little popping should be the least of your worries.

The 'old timers' and 'experts' here will probably chime in soon and give you some more technical direction on exactly what to do, but depending on your elevation it is probable that a rejet is warranted and a little dialing in of the air/mix screw once you have the rejet.

Just make sure that you did a good job on the joints and don't have exhaust leaks at the header or muffler joints. Losing a reasonable amount of air/back pressure in these places can affect performance.

Here's an old post that has a few pics of my install and how I modified the Harley 'heat shield' that came with...but you don't have this one so it's a non-issue.  Just sharing  Smiley
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1411052336/0

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 13:18:04

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Harley Davidson Exhaust upgrade

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.