Send Topic Print
i like this (Read 131 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
i like this
06/06/15 at 18:57:41

http://naturalsociety.com/toxic-food-makers-lose-4-billion-in-sales-in-one-year/

I'm gonna put this here,cuz it otta make everyone happy.
Its ultimate location, well, not up to me.

Links are in the article if you click on it.

People are waking up..

Consumers are leaving toxic food makers’ products behind on grocery store shelves faster than you can say ‘organic.’ Big Food lost $4 billion in sales last year alone due to their inability to answer market demand for non-GM, organic food that doesn’t contain high fructose corn syrup, gluten, antibiotics, growth hormones, MSG, and other toxic additives. Meanwhile, organic food is absolutely exploding.

Big Food has a multi-billion dollar problem on their hands, and this is why they have spent so much money trying to defeat GMO labeling bills in multiple states – but they can’t get around the awakening public’s demand for better food. It is staring them right in the face.

Company’s like ConAgra (don’t let the ‘con’ in their name dissuade you) want to remake their image. So do big food makers like Smuckers and Campbell Soup Co.

“We understand that increasing numbers of consumers are seeking authentic, genuine food experiences,” said Campbell Soup Co CEO, whose stock is currently trading down, “and we know that they are skeptical of the ability of large, long-established food companies to deliver them.”

These CEOs pretend not to know why consumers don’t trust them. Could it be that they have fought against public requests to deliver real, non-genetically modified, or toxic additive-laden food for years, to no avail? Could it be because they have spent millions trying to keep the public from even knowing what is in their food?

Just how irrelevant are these companies becoming? An analysis by Moscow found that the top 25 US food and beverage makers have lost an equivalent of $18 billion of market share. That’s a big loss, and when you consider that organic food sales are slated for immense growth this year, and in the next decade, you’d think they would have taken the mild hints we’ve given them.

“Their existence is being challenged,” says Edward Jones analyst Jack Russo of the major packaged-food companies. Shoppers still value the convenience that food processing offers, says Moskow, “but the pendulum has definitely shifted in their minds. They [consumers[ have more and more questions about why this bread lasts 25 days without going stale.”

Too bad Big Food was hitting the snooze button. They can eat their toxic leftovers for breakfast, maybe, while looking over the Wall Street Journal at their failing stock prices – just take a look at McDonald’s as a shining example of how the food movement is igniting change.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: i like this
Reply #1 - 06/06/15 at 19:06:03

They move,.. when you hit 'em where it hurts...
The wallet... Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
DesertRat
Serious Thumper

I love rat bikes!

Arizona
Reply #2 - 06/06/15 at 20:17:55

we were having these discussions in biz class. it's not just the manufacturers, it's the fast food markets as well. you can see this with all the "re-branding" that is happening in the fast food industry trying to make up for quarter losses in the $250 million plus

-The silence of indifference makes cowards of men.
- http://www.pipeburn.com/home/category/rat
  IP Logged
DesertRat
Serious Thumper

I love rat bikes!

Arizona
Reply #3 - 06/06/15 at 20:45:30

i will add that it's a little unsettling to "see" the changing fabric of america ... it's a lil scary not knowing where this will take us ... could we see a complete collapse?

-The silence of indifference makes cowards of men.
- http://www.pipeburn.com/home/category/rat
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #4 - 06/06/15 at 21:14:43

After decades of slow degradation of the food supply, we are watching something change. Downhill was long and slow, but we've seen organic start as a fringe element. Milk is still illegal in places. But, the positive change is very good and it appears to be a movement that is growing at a nonlinear rate. An awakening is an awakening, hopefully it will spread into other areas of life.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #5 - 06/07/15 at 07:38:59

I guess by Milk you mean raw milk.
There are ways around that
Some pet food places, I've been told, sell raw goat's milk for 'animal consumption only' (you can legally buy 'animal use' penicillin this way, too) and there's a place near my home where you can milk a live cow
I'm guessing you pay to milk it, then keep the milk as a 'souvenir' so they didn't 'sell' you milk
folks will find ways,

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #6 - 06/07/15 at 08:41:24

You must be careful about which cows you milk.... what do the owners feed them?
We fed our cows our own locally grown corn and hay.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #7 - 06/07/15 at 09:05:28

I dunno Old Rider, I've ridden past, I never stopped to milk a cow
I really don't drink milk much, it's not a necessary in the human diet, and there are potential issues, whether the milk is raw or not

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #8 - 06/07/15 at 09:50:12

I milked cows (we had 2 or 3 at any given time) as a foster/adopted child back in the early 70's and we used the milk for all purposes.
Milk, cream, cottage cheese, cheese and butter, we made them all from scratch from the milk.
Maybe that's why I developed cancer later in life? who knows, we didn't pasteurize it or boil it... just drank it as it was, even before it separated into its different layers.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #9 - 06/08/15 at 10:17:33

I don't know of any studies linking lack of pasteurization or homogenization to cancer
there are folks who say the process is detrimental to the nutritive qualities of the milk, but I haven't seen evidence of that either
the risk in unprocessed milk is, as you said, lack of sanitation / unhealthy cattle, which I think would have had an immediate, not delayed effect, just my opinion, but I would look at processing as more likely to produce long term bad effects, since nature consatantly teaches us we don't know as much as we think we know

I once got hold of some raw goat's milk as a kid (spent my whole allowance on it (at that time you could buy it for human consumption)
1 bowl of cereal (something else I don't eat any more) with that stuff lasted me from breakfast to supper, with no hunger between  Shocked

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #10 - 06/08/15 at 14:49:36

old_rider wrote on 06/07/15 at 08:41:24:
You must be careful about which cows you milk.....

Look underneath the cow.  If you can't count to 4......don't try to milk it! Shocked

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
runwyrlph
Serious Thumper

Semper ubi sub ubi

pa
Reply #11 - 06/08/15 at 19:08:49

I grew up on raw milk, lived on a dairy farm.  Not pasteurized or homogenized.  But, anytime I could get 2% or skim milk I loved it, I never liked the heavy cream floating on top.

We had a local news story around here, a year or so back -  some health nut guy was buying raw milk direct from the farm so he wouldn't have to face the horrors of pasteurization.  Then he got sick from bacteria in the milk and sued the farmer for selling it to him.

What a scumbag.  

2007 s40 -stock -white spacer out -repaired to rideable condition!
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #12 - 06/08/15 at 22:03:33

runwyrlph wrote on 06/08/15 at 19:08:49:
I grew up on raw milk, lived on a dairy farm.  Not pasteurized or homogenized.  But, anytime I could get 2% or skim milk I loved it, I never liked the heavy cream floating on top.

We had a local news story around here, a year or so back -  some health nut guy was buying raw milk direct from the farm so he wouldn't have to face the horrors of pasteurization.  Then he got sick from bacteria in the milk and sued the farmer for selling it to him.

What a scumbag.  

Indeed
wish you could introduce us, I'd like to slap him
probably best that don't happen though  Grin

IP Logged
Arnold
Serious Thumper

The dude abides...

Westchester, NY
Reply #13 - 06/09/15 at 07:48:40

Although this is good news, what happens when little organic companies get too big as well?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #14 - 06/09/15 at 09:19:53

And do what? Go Ultra organic?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 22:28:05

General CategoryThe Cafe › i like this

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.