Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Islamification of Europe? (Read 228 times)
HovisPresley
Serious Thumper

Good Vibrations!

Midlands, UK
Islamification of Europe?
06/04/15 at 05:53:32

I just read the link about Governments' strategies as posted by oldNslow (Reply 57, 'Waco biker morons' thread)

A blogger called Bojidar Marinov, who grew up in a totalitarian state.

I agree with everything he said, to the extent that I read some more of his blogs. So when I found this, I thought I'd share it:

http://bojidarmarinov.com/blog/why-is-islam-taking-over-europe-or-is-it/

'96 Bobbobbobber
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Islamification of Europe?
Reply #1 - 06/04/15 at 10:10:35

Okay, interesting, now, what you just did was tossed out reason why people should Stop and ask themselves if they really know
What Everybody KNOWS is going on.
The PERCEPTion that Muslims are taking over, their women perpetually pregnant and all having twins or triplets, all born with rifles,grenades and suicide vests, gee, maybe the media is forming our beliefs?
Work group against group, divide,
Call me a cynic , I trust no main stream media, at all, and the alleged
Independent, I believe that they are Trying to get at the truth, but,
While we can't know what's IN aa bill till we pass it and trade deals are secrets,and every crooked deal just gets dropped in a Classified National Security folder and whistleblowers are forced into exile instead of politicians into prison,
Because Not Enough People get it
Until the number of people who understand that there IS NO VOICE of the People being heard in DC changes drastically,,, it's just gonna get worse.
Not seeing is surely getting harder.

I hope the post I put so much time in was read.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #2 - 06/04/15 at 10:39:10

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/04/15 at 10:10:35:
Okay, interesting, now, what you just did was tossed out reason why people should Stop and ask themselves if they really know
What Everybody KNOWS is going on.
The PERCEPTion that Muslims are taking over, their women perpetually pregnant and all having twins or triplets, all born with rifles,grenades and suicide vests, gee, maybe the media is forming our beliefs?
Work group against group, divide,
Call me a cynic , I trust no main stream media, at all, and the alleged
Independent, I believe that they are Trying to get at the truth, but,
While we can't know what's IN aa bill till we pass it and trade deals are secrets,and every crooked deal just gets dropped in a Classified National Security folder and whistleblowers are forced into exile instead of politicians into prison,
Because Not Enough People get it
Until the number of people who understand that there IS NO VOICE of the People being heard in DC changes drastically,,, it's just gonna get worse.
Not seeing is surely getting harder.

I hope the post I put so much time in was read.

Replace "Muslims" with "Mexicans" and this is the same statement I was hearing 5 - 6 years ago.......... Roll Eyes   Only then it was the "Mexicans" taking over the US...        
 "Vote for / contribute to ME and I'll protect you from the evil  (group / religion de jure ).."  Shocked

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 06/04/15 at 11:21:06

Small minorities of a few percent of the population, without clear ideology and leadership, can’t be a serious threat to any civilization;

The article goes on to exclaim: “All this because of 3% of the population”  

Partisanship can blind those predisposed to ideology to the point they completely miss the obvious, especially when it comes to numbers & percentages.

Percentages can be tricky things when applied to very large numbers. It’s easy to disregard them because they seem so tiny, so insignificant.

3% of the US population is gay, but that’s 9,300,000 people. Given all the social uproar over gay marriage and even the recent hilarious magazine cover of Mr. Caitlyn Jenner and all the debate over that, this little 3% of the population wields a mighty big hammer over US society.

Remember the whole 99% occupy wall street fiasco and their objections to only 1%. How much wealth does 1% of the population hold? Think 1% is no big deal?

In my field of filtration, a Hepa filter captures 99.97% of all particles .3 micron and above. Sounds fantastic doesn’t it! Hold your horses…..  

There are as many as 100 million particles per cubic meter of air almost all of which are submicron. (when you see dust shimmering in the sunlight coming through a window, know that for every particle you see, there are hundreds of thousands right next to it that you can’t see)
Filtering out 99.97% means about 30,000 particles get past….  

A typical filter may see 28 cubic meters per minute. That’s 840,000 particles passing through per minute, 50,400,000 per hour, 1,209,600,000 a day…  

If there’s nothing in the air but normal dirt and dust… not that big a deal to you and me. We breathe this in all day long. (FYI: your furnace filter captures about .01% of dirt in the air at best)

It’s not a big deal ......unless you’re in an operating room or making computer chips…. Then it makes a big difference. That tiny % that slips by can be fatal.  Biological research labs, US embassies, etc…. laugh at 99.97% filters. They are looking at 99.99997%

So the comparison the writer and other Islamic fascist apologist fail to make is that a very small percentage can have a huge impact if it only takes a few to be disastrous. The articles says France has 2 million Muslims. From world events, it’s pretty clear that not all Muslims are terrorist, but almost all terrorist are Muslims. So what if 99.97% of that 2 million are NOT prone to violence. Guess what; that leaves 600 who are.

Look at what a couple French terrorist did to a newspaper and free speech. Look what 19 terrorist did with airplanes. Look what a few did in London. Look what 1 did in Ft. Hood Texas.

The article also completely ignores the future. Demographics is about tomorrow, not today. What % of school age children in Europe are Muslim today compared to what it was last year, the year before. What will the % be next year or the year after? Pretty soon, that tiny % is a larger % and all of a sudden, you’re looking at elections changing course because of the demographics of the electorate.

and you're right old indian, we heard this about the Mexican immigrants in the US, but here's a question: Do you honestly think Mexican immigration has not impacted the US in anyway? (and Mexicans are not strapping bombs to children and sending them into Pizza parlors...)

Short answer: the writer of this article is a fool.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #4 - 06/04/15 at 11:25:29

The money quote from Mr Marinov's essay:

Quote:
"What has happened is not the growth of Islam, but a failure of nerve in the very same West which just 100 years ago was in the strategic position to overwhelm the Muslim world and finish Islam off as a global force once and forever. Small minorities of a few percent of the population, without clear ideology and leadership, can’t be a serious threat to any civilization; if a civilization sees them as a significant threat, that can be only because that civilization has lost the will to fight and survive"

The percentage of Muslims in the overall population in any particular country is not really important. What is undeniable is the trouble they are causing regardless of how insignificant the numbers seem to be.

I strongly disagree with Mr. Marinov's assertion here:

Quote:
"Small minorities of a few percent of the population, without clear ideology and leadership, can’t be a serious threat to any civilization"

Radical Islam does have a clear ideology, and I think it would be a mistake to underestimate its leadership.

Only a very small minority, a lot of historians agree that it was something like 3% of the colonial population, instigated and wholeheartedly supported the American Revolution. I don't think that England underestimated that threat because the percentage of rebels at the beginning of the conflict was small. The King and Parliament understood perfectly well what was at stake.

I'm not convinced that that is the case today - either in Europe or the US.

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #5 - 06/04/15 at 12:15:44

"Only a very small minority, a lot of historians agree that it was something like 3% of the colonial population, instigated and wholeheartedly supported the American Revolution. I don't think that England underestimated that threat because the percentage of rebels at the beginning of the conflict was small. The King and Parliament understood perfectly well what was at stake.

I'm not convinced that that is the case today - either in Europe or the US."
I agree with this

Quote (from our POTUS)

"ISIS is the JV team"

That's a hell of a JV team, Mr President

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #6 - 06/04/15 at 12:17:15

WebsterMark wrote:

Quote:
Short answer: the writer of this article is a fool.

I don't think so. I take issue with some of the reasoning he used to get to essay's conclusion - the paragraph I quoted in my last post - but, in spite of how he got there, his conclusion is substantially correct. He admits that Radical Islam is indeed a threat, but then goes on to say that the threat is because we in the west have become chicken-sh*ts, not because Islam is inherently dangerous to western countries.

I think he's right on the first point; wrong on the second;that doesn't make him a fool. At least he recognizes the basic problem.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 06/04/15 at 12:27:25

For now, keep in mind, every time you watch news of the supposed “Muslim takeover” of Europe, that there is no such takeover; the numbers and the facts do not support such analysis. Islam is not Europe’s problem; it is only a symptom of the real problem

I kinda see what you're saying but old, but I don't see where he says Islam is a threat. In fact, in the quote above he says "the numbers and facts do not support" when in fact they do.

I'd have to read a few more articles this guy wrote to understand his overall view of the world.
He comments:
The large Muslim community is not safe from the advance of Christianity: in France, an estimated 15,000 Muslims convert to Christianity every year.

That comment could be taken two very different ways and I'd like to find out exactly how he meant it.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #8 - 06/04/15 at 13:01:03

Quote:
but I don't see where he says Islam is a threat

I just reread the essay and you're right. He doesn't. I guess I was interpreting the overall tone of of the last couple of paragraphs in the light of my own strong feelings on the subject, and putting words in the guys mouth that he didn't actually say.

Quote:
"Islam is not Europe’s problem; it is only a symptom of the real problem"

-Marinov

I still think he actually gets it though. In a lot of cases the symptom is the disease.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 06/04/15 at 13:24:55

Expand on that, because I'm not sure I get it.

Which came first:

institutional racism created the plight of Black Americans today
actions of Black American's create institutional racism

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #10 - 06/04/15 at 14:08:52

Quote:
"Islam is not Europe’s problem; it is only a symptom of the real problem"

-Marinov

With that sentence Marinov is acknowledging that there is a problem. And since the essay is about Islam and whether or not it is "taking over" Europe, he is acknowledging that the problem has something to do with Islam. Where I think he goes astray is by blaming the present Europeans and their "failure of nerve" for the problem, rather than blaming it on Radical Muslim ideology, and the actual perpetrators of things like the Massacre at the Magazine offices in France.

I think he's right to some extent about the "failure of nerve" theory though. Government policy in European countries, and here in the US, seems to be "Lets not antagonize these people and maybe they will leave us alone, along with continually preaching the litany that most Muslims don't do this stuff. The implication being that when such acts of violence occur they are aberrations. They are not. And "failure of nerve"  is certainly not the whole story. This stuff would happen even without the appeasement. The ideology that drives it is not really concerned with that.

In the case of deliberate terrorist acts directed a civilians the "symptoms" , the acts themselves, and the "disease", the ideology that instigates them, are one and the same.

The question about institutional racism is an entirely different subject and doesn't really apply to the point I was trying to make.  

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 06/05/15 at 07:05:41

I think he's right to some extent about the "failure of nerve" theory though. Government policy in European countries, and here in the US, seems to be "Lets not antagonize these people and maybe they will leave us alone, along with continually preaching the litany that most Muslims don't do this stuff

Having lived in the getto as a youngster, being 15 miles from Ferguson now and living in one of the murder capitals of the US (St. Louis). I think if you read what you said above and switch a few words around, doesn't it apply to the US and black thugs now?

IP Logged
HovisPresley
Serious Thumper

Good Vibrations!

Midlands, UK
Reply #12 - 06/05/15 at 07:16:53

Mark, why are you bringing 'blacks' into this?

BTW, were you ever a fan of Muhammad Ali?  Grin

'96 Bobbobbobber
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #13 - 06/05/15 at 07:23:58

That's certainly a perception that would be hard to dismiss without study.
Gotta remember that the riots were supported, inspired by people someone was Paying to BE there. Can't let go of that little detail.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #14 - 06/05/15 at 08:24:24

That's true JOG
It's also true that there is an anti white mindset in some of the black population in those areas
I was raised in the projects, too, and heard more than a few parents selling their kids the 'you can't make it because whitey' and 'the law is for them white folks'
It's not helpful, and it's sad when you see a friend takes that to heart
That's a different thread though

Ali was the greatest....self promoter
Marciano was a better fighter though  Wink

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/02/24 at 19:53:40

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Islamification of Europe?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.