New Exercise Bike (Read 67 times)
Blinky-FSO
Serious Thumper

Three Eyes Are
Better Than Two

Kentucky
New Exercise Bike
06/03/15 at 12:13:24

I haven’t posted here in a while but have checked in from time to time. You know the TV commercial for a low dose aspirin that asks “when will your heart attack happen?’ Mine happened that morning of March 22nd. Five days and three stints later, they let me out of CCU and four days after that let me go home. It is all a blur.

I am on the mend I hope and attend physical therapy three days a week to try to reverse some of the damage to the heart. They hook me up to a heart monitor and call me “sweetie”. Little do they know.  An ICD implant is probably going to happen in early July. After that, we will see.

I have tried to ride from time to time but the current Goldwing is just too much of a handful at slow speeds. I am still surprised how weak I am. But riding is therapy, physical and mental, so after some research, the good wife stepped in and provided a new exercise bike, a new 2014 Honda CTX700N. What a sweet little bike. We are keeping the Wing for now in hopes of again riding two up next spring. In the meantime, I am going to zip around the area on the little Honda. Not so little maybe, it has 20 more cc than the Savage, and an extra cylinder.
Good Hunting

2007 S40 (Sold)
2007 C50 (Sold)
1992 Honda GL1500
2014 Honda CTX700N
  IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Re: New Exercise Bike
Reply #1 - 06/03/15 at 12:16:20

wow, thoughts and prayers as you heal up!

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 06/03/15 at 12:18:55

Keep gettin' better, Blinky... Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #3 - 06/03/15 at 12:24:50

Blinky:

I had thought about you a few times the weather was right for a ride down to your area......little did I know you were not up to doing any riding.

I am glad you pulled through and are back....and a smaller and lighter bike is never a bad thing when you got a Goldwing for the longer dual-up trips.

Heal quickly....and let me know when you want to hook up and show me your local roads.

Dave

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #4 - 06/03/15 at 12:26:20

Nice bike, Blinky.  A friend has one and he loves it.
I work in Cardiology (with kids the past 20 years and 10 years with adults before that) and wish you a speedy recovery with many good years ahead of you.
If you smoke, you know what you need to do.  And if your cholesterol is high, you know 'bout that, too.
Sermon over, just want you to be healthy!  Cool

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 06/03/15 at 13:33:02

Keep Blinking!

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #6 - 06/04/15 at 13:41:18

Wow glad you made it through Blinky, feel better soon

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print