Good Vibrations!

Midlands, UK
Re: Population
Reply #60 - 06/17/15 at 08:11:29

Quote Serow;
"Period..."

Or not  Grin

Quote MP;
"In conclusion, a lopsided affair... created to give the uninformed reader a wrong perspective."

And therefore maybe to create fear, to then create war, to then trade arms, to then control oil.......

'96 Bobbobbobber
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #61 - 06/17/15 at 08:29:02

Yeah,.. not...

You know where it's going...
I think I'll just stop here... Huh...

But first, let me just narrow the focus to...
How is it different if I use my heath benefit or my pay for the same thing?...
Both are coming from my employer.  Both are earned by me...
What's the difference?...
What if I dip into my 401k?...
Is what I earn truly mine, or not?...

Undecided...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #62 - 06/17/15 at 09:07:27

#1: I would like to like to thank Mpescatori for his informative comments.

#2: In this Nation there is supposed separation between church and state.   EXCEPT in the case of taxes, censorship, and personal choice issues etc.  

#3: "Dead Babies" Sounds like that flock of unwashed hippy sheep bleating "Baby Killer" at me in the '60s.

When I get where I'm going, I'm going to find my ancestor who was at Concord Bridge and say, "I don't think that it turned out the way you wanted..."  

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #63 - 06/17/15 at 09:16:40

HovisPresley wrote on 06/17/15 at 08:11:29:
Quote Serow;
"Period..."

Or not  Grin

Oh!... I get it now... Roll Eyes
To bleed or not to bleed,... that is the question...  Undecided...
Grin Grin Grin...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #64 - 06/17/15 at 09:49:53

I want an explanation of separation of church/state.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #65 - 06/18/15 at 05:39:44

I don't run away from the abortion issue,... but, chanting dead babies does not make a discussion...

I’m sorry to offend your sensitive nature by pointing out reality;  that an abortion does in fact result in a dead baby…. But hey, if it will make you feel better, let’s just call the baby something more abstract so you don’t have to think about little fingers and toes….  

How about a popsicle? Let’s call unborn babies popsicles! That way, you can say a woman doesn’t actually chop her baby into little pieces and sends it to the incinerator in a red plastic hazardous waste bag, no, can’t say that…. So now we’ll just say she let her popsicle melt. How’s that? Better for you?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #66 - 06/18/15 at 05:50:49

But first, let me just narrow the focus to...
How is it different if I use my heath benefit or my pay for the same thing?...
Both are coming from my employer.  Both are earned by me...
What's the difference?...
What if I dip into my 401k?...
Is what I earn truly mine, or not?...

I agree, stay with one issue at a time.

Let’s imagine you, Serobot,  owned a company with 500 employees publishing newspapers and books specifically targeted to atheist. In fact, you're business model is decidedly anti-Christian. You've been in business for years and very successful.

As an employee benefit you offer health insurance to your employees and pay for ½ or ¾ of it.  Now a conservative president and congress comes along and after a dubious supreme court decision, force you to add to your insurance the cost to cover distributing Bibles to prisons. They claim Bibles for prisoners is somehow tied to healthcare. You disagree with that, but the president says your opinion and history  doesn't matter. You have to pay out of your pocket an extra amount that goes directly to purchase Bibles.

If you drop your insurance coverage, you’ll have to pay a fine. Not much the first year, but debilitating the later years to the point if you don’t pay the fine, you’ll go out of business. So you either basically pay to buy Bibles or close up shop.

Now, honestly, what would you think if that were the case?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #67 - 06/18/15 at 06:01:02

way to may topics going in this one thread but back to Mpec, Hovis and Europe's population problems...

The Islamic population in Europe is at 6% right now according to the last estimate I read. By 2020, it’s expected to be at 14%.
Hispanics in the US are the largest majority and are just under 14% right now.

If you are so blind as to think 14% Muslim population won’t affect Europe, then you guys are kidding yourselves. The Hispanics in the US have changed the culture over the past 30 years. For good or bad is debatable for another day, but it’s undeniable they’ve changed things. In fact, as a voting bloc, they may likely decide who the next President is.

Last I checked, Hispanics were not in the habit of blowing themselves up or cutting the heads off of people who they feel disrespected their religions leader. Since most are Catholic, I guess that would be the Pope and no one is disrespectful to the Pope, right.......

So you two just go on pretending everything’s fine, nothing to see here folks, move along, just another lone wolf Muslim shooting a newspaper up, no big deal……….

IP Logged
HovisPresley
Serious Thumper

Good Vibrations!

Midlands, UK
Reply #68 - 06/18/15 at 06:34:26

WebsterMark wrote on 06/18/15 at 06:01:02:
way to may topics going in this one thread but back to Mpec, Hovis and Europe's population problems...

I can't speak for mpescatori, but Hovis certainly has no 'population problems' concerning Europe.

As I said, the issue has been 'blown up' (hehe) out of all proportion by the western media, compared to what we see everyday here in Europe.

The reason why the western media does this has been explained many times before.

Please remember that myself, and mpesc, are both Europeans, living in Europe, with a wide grasp of European culture, European languages (plural), European history, European politics and European travel.

Perspective  Wink

Women with unborn popsicles?
Mark, you are neither a woman nor an unborn popsicle  Grin

Perspective  Wink

'96 Bobbobbobber
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #69 - 06/18/15 at 07:54:13

Hitting 110'f here today...
Popsicle is an abstract concept to me...  Undecided...

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #70 - 06/18/15 at 08:32:21

As I said, the issue has been 'blown up' (hehe) out of all proportion by the western media, compared to what we see everyday here in Europe.

The reason why the western media does this has been explained many times before.

Please remember that myself, and mpesc, are both Europeans, living in Europe, with a wide grasp of European culture, European languages (plural), European history, European politics and European travel.

I would suggest this is not correct. Neither of you are involved in the daily life of the growing population of disenfranchised radical Muslims any more than I am involved in inner city drug gangs in the US. (I'm guessing you were not facebook friends with the French newspaper killers anymore than I threw back a few beers with Michael Brown)
As I said, the Muslims I know bear no resemblance to radical Muslims. The blacks I know bear no resemblance to the blacks committing daily murders in the US, but both of those groups exist and while their impact is not necessarily felt by me directly, it nonetheless exist.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #71 - 06/18/15 at 08:33:01

Hitting 110'f here today...
Popsicle is an abstract concept to me

cute, but a dodge....   (and not the car Dodge.....!)

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #72 - 06/18/15 at 08:58:24

WebsterMark wrote on 06/18/15 at 05:50:49:
Let’s imagine you, Serobot,  owned a company with 500 employees...

... a conservative president and congress comes along and after a dubious supreme court decision, force you to add to your insurance the cost to cover distributing Bibles to prisons.

Now, honestly, what would you think if that were the case?

I'd be fine with it...
SCOTUS wouldn't... that's a separation of church n' state issue... that just wouldn't fly...

The point is,.. as an employer, I'm required to supply a health insurance package... Whatever services that provides can be utilized by my employes.
Which one's they choose to use is not my business...
They want a Bible?,.. not my business...
They don't?,.. not my business either...
It is their benefit to use as they wish...
Same as their wage... I can't go telling them what to buy with their income... even though I pay it to them...
Make sense?... Undecided...

IP Logged
HovisPresley
Serious Thumper

Good Vibrations!

Midlands, UK
Reply #73 - 06/18/15 at 09:16:12

Quote WM:
"I would suggest this is not correct."

Then, sir, I suggest that you are mistaken.

'96 Bobbobbobber
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #74 - 06/18/15 at 11:29:24

I doubt that you would be okay with it.

But back to the other point, the Catholic Church is not telling their employees they can't have birth-control or they can't get an abortion. They are not controlling their bodies. They just don't want to pay for it and I don't think that's an unreasonable position for them to take.  It was an overreach without precedent that Obama took.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/05/24 at 01:54:10

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Population

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.