Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Reserve with Raptor petcock (Read 59 times)
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reserve with Raptor petcock
06/01/15 at 15:41:00

Installed Raptor, filled tank and have been using the bike for several commutes (all on "fuel" setting). This afternoon I refilled the tank using 2.3 gallons and I have yet to turn it to "Reserve"... Anyone have any quotes on actual amount of fuel  remaining for "Reserve" with the Raptor petcock ?????  (NO JOG, I did NOT over flow the tank..)

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
HondaLavis

It's nothing
personal; the other
one came first.

Plano, TX
Re: Reserve with Raptor petcock
Reply #1 - 06/01/15 at 18:37:02

It's around here somewhere...  let me look through Serowbot's rollodex of Tech section links...  Upgrades...  Broken Links...  Exhaust...  AHA!  Petcock!  And in there: Petcock reserve capacity!  http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1282002042/9

The accepted amount is 40 oz, but that includes difficult to feed (read: unreliable for riding) fuel.  For most of us, this does translate to approx. 20-25 miles.  YMMV, and if you've raised the rear of the tank at all the capacity will be different.

"You ride a single cylinder motorcycle??"

"When you're good, one is all you need." Wink

I guess that means I'm no good anymore; I've got 4 more cylinders! '08 Yamaha FJR1300 and still '01 Savage
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #2 - 06/01/15 at 18:37:59

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #3 - 06/01/15 at 19:23:46

Thank You gentlemen... It looks like the last couple of lefts I took just before I pulled into the gas station were what kept me from getting into "reserve"...... There are some interesting roads around here, but there can be a long way between gas stations.  

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #4 - 06/02/15 at 03:49:58

The standard approach to this issue with the "experienced" - is to plan on getting fuel every 100 miles.....or at a minimum start looking for a place to get fuel when you are approaching 100 miles.  This helps to account for the fact that some areas have a considerable distance between places you can buy fuel.  Using a luggage lock attached to the bike to record the mileage when you will next need gas....or writing on the mirror or speedometer glass with a grease pencil.

If you have a saddlebag or fork bag....several members have a metal pint/quart can with an emergency ration of fresh fuel stored in the bag.  

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 20:25:30

General CategoryThe Cafe › Reserve with Raptor petcock

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.