Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Are Wingerline Highway Bars safe? (Read 89 times)
transam4life

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Are Wingerline Highway Bars safe?
05/31/15 at 22:20:14

I was about to buy the Wingerline Highway Bars but I read a post of someone saying the bars would scrap the ground when making turns and that they were unsafe. From looking at pics they seem lower and stick out further than the pegs so I'm sure its possible. Can anyone here comment on the bars and whether they hit the ground on turns? For what its worth I ride pretty conservative on turns so hopefully I wouldn't have a problem.

IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Re: Are Wingerline Highway Bars safe?
Reply #1 - 06/01/15 at 02:56:01

I've had mine for probably 2 years now and never had them drag.  If you're a peg dragger, they'll hit first.  If you ride like most people, you shouldn't have a problem.

They are a little on the tight side around your feet.  I have to slide my foot back and then under or over the gear shift. There's not enough room to just slide it to the side.

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
transam4life

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 06/01/15 at 08:10:33

What size shoe do you wear? I have a smaller foot so I'm hoping it won't be a problem for me. How do you feel about having to slide your foot back and then under the shifter...does it bother you alot?

Overall how do you like the Wingerline highway bars...are they worth the $260? How is the quality? Are you able to rest your feet on them on longer rides?

IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Reply #3 - 06/01/15 at 19:19:44

I wear 9.5 wide. It's not a big deal sliding my foot like that. It just took a little getting in practice.  I don't even think about it now.

The quality is good.  The chrome seems to be nice and thick.  They are not rusting or anything. The welds are good beads all around. They are made of good strong materials.

You can rest the backs of your ankles on them.  The top is actually closer to you.  Can't get your feet on the bottom due to the pegs just above the bottom. Some pegs on the outside ends of them may give you just a little more distance. I see no way to use them with extended controls. You'd have to put your feet through them. They do vibrate quite well at certain rpms.  Nothing bad but you can feel it if your feet are on them.

I'm 6'1" with a 33" inseam.  Most bikes feel all crunched up to me since they stopped making big enough frames somewhere in the 70's or early 80's.  You should see me fold up on the little ninja 250.  I like something nice and spread out like my old goldwing.  I have drug the valve covers on it a couple times.

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 12:19:23

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Are Wingerline Highway Bars safe?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.