Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
the savage and new to the forum (Read 92 times)
jessicreative07
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

the savage and new to the forum
05/29/15 at 14:50:07

Hello guys,

Im new here and finally sign up this awesome forum.  My name is Jessica and I have 1999 savage ls650 for two years now and mileage is 074264.  I was looking up this forum and did a lot research how to do troubleshooting on my motorcycle.  Last years, my rear signal light broke off and want to replace a new aftermarket signal light for rear and front as well this month when it is nice weather.   I was looking at this forum “Technical References:”  and did click electrical, lights, engines and DIY. Also, I did look at “Tables of contents with links” wow it is awesome link.   Here I have a problem with lights and no start engine. Let me tell you what happens - I have aftermarket signal light wired are red and black.  I noticed that front signal lights have three wired which are green, black and black with white strip.  Rear back signal light have two wired which are gray and black right side and left side is green and black wired.   My boyfriend and I did hooked up front signal light wired connect to aftermarket signal light wired red connect to green and black connect to black. Black with strip leaves it alone.  I did turned on the starter and headlight and front signal lights turn on perfectly but I tried to switch signal light left blink and nothing happens same goes right signals too so he think that he put in the wrong wired so he tried to switch different color then all of sudden it doesn’t turn on the headlight and no light come from the signal lights.  There is no cranking the engine or no light.  I have a new battery from last years and I did put a charger on the battery last night and it is full solid green light.  He and I did test voltage from regulator-rectifier and ignitor connector which these are good but we have not try test ignitor coil yet.  Can you tell us what do you think what it went wrong?  Im not an expert with electrical stuff and im confused how to look at the electrical.  Is anyone from location in Denver, Colorado that can hand us helping how to fix? I will buy a pizza and beers

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: the savage and new to the forum
Reply #1 - 05/29/15 at 15:48:43

jessicreative07 wrote on 05/29/15 at 14:50:07:
Here I have a problem with lights and no start engine. Let me tell you what happens - I have aftermarket signal light wired are red and black.  
1)I noticed that front signal lights have three wired which are green, black and black with white strip.  Rear back signal light have two wired which are gray and black right side and left side is green and black wired.   My boyfriend and I did hooked up front signal light wired connect to aftermarket signal light wired red connect to green and black connect to black. Black with strip leaves it alone.  I did turned on the starter and headlight and front signal lights turn on perfectly but I tried to switch signal light left blink and nothing happens same goes right signals too
2)so he think that he put in the wrong wired so he tried to switch different color then all of sudden it doesn’t turn on the headlight and no light come from the signal lights.  There is no cranking the engine or no light.  I have a new battery from last years and I did put a charger on the battery last night and it is full solid green light.  He and I did test voltage from regulator-rectifier and ignitor connector which these are good but we have not try test ignitor coil yet.  Can you tell us what do you think what it went wrong?  Im not an expert with electrical stuff and im confused how to look at the electrical.  Is anyone from location in Denver, Colorado that can hand us helping how to fix? I will buy a pizza and beers

Note, one huge block of text is a beotch to read thru and answer your questions.  break it up, number your problems, etc.
1)black with stripe is ground, other 2 are hot to running light and signal in front
rear only has ground and signal.
2) he probably shorted the wires and blew a fuse, check right side of seat.

WWW   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 05/29/15 at 16:18:42

You need to check to see if the signals you bought are single or double filament...(if you don't know what filaments are,.. does the bulb base have two contacts or only one?)...
If they are two,.. the base must be grounded...
If they are one,... you currently have two hot wires connected and no ground...(this the most likely)...
Connect the black signal wire to the B/W striped harness wire...and red to the grey and green on each side.
This will give you signals,.. but no running lights.  You need dual filaments for that...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
jessicreative07
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 05/30/15 at 14:35:14

verslagen1 wrote on 05/29/15 at 15:48:43:
jessicreative07 wrote on 05/29/15 at 14:50:07:
Here I have a problem with lights and no start engine. Let me tell you what happens - I have aftermarket signal light wired are red and black.  
1)I noticed that front signal lights have three wired which are green, black and black with white strip.  Rear back signal light have two wired which are gray and black right side and left side is green and black wired.   My boyfriend and I did hooked up front signal light wired connect to aftermarket signal light wired red connect to green and black connect to black. Black with strip leaves it alone.  I did turned on the starter and headlight and front signal lights turn on perfectly but I tried to switch signal light left blink and nothing happens same goes right signals too
2)so he think that he put in the wrong wired so he tried to switch different color then all of sudden it doesn’t turn on the headlight and no light come from the signal lights.  There is no cranking the engine or no light.  I have a new battery from last years and I did put a charger on the battery last night and it is full solid green light.  He and I did test voltage from regulator-rectifier and ignitor connector which these are good but we have not try test ignitor coil yet.  Can you tell us what do you think what it went wrong?  Im not an expert with electrical stuff and im confused how to look at the electrical.  Is anyone from location in Denver, Colorado that can hand us helping how to fix? I will buy a pizza and beers

Note, one huge block of text is a beotch to read thru and answer your questions.  break it up, number your problems, etc.
1)black with stripe is ground, other 2 are hot to running light and signal in front
rear only has ground and signal.
2) he probably shorted the wires and blew a fuse, check right side of seat.

Ur right.  Fuse is blew up.  Lol now it is working.  So i have aftermarket light wired are red and black.  So front right signal wired are gray and green mean red wired to gray and black wired to green wired correct?  Black with white strip leave it alone? Right?  Left signal light wired are gray and black. Gray connect to red wired and black to black wired? Black with white strip leave it alone? Correct let  me know.  Thanks

IP Logged
jessicreative07
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 05/30/15 at 14:43:33

Serowbot wrote on 05/29/15 at 16:18:42:
You need to check to see if the signals you bought are single or double filament...(if you don't know what filaments are,.. does the bulb base have two contacts or only one?)...
If they are two,.. the base must be grounded...
If they are one,... you currently have two hot wires connected and no ground...(this the most likely)...
Connect the black signal wire to the B/W striped harness wire...and red to the grey and green on each side.
This will give you signals,.. but no running lights.  You need dual filaments for that...

Yes aftermarket signal have double filament so that mean two wired.  I'm a little bit confused.  Front signal right signal wired gray to red and black to green. Left signal light wired red to gray and black to black.   Rear signal right light green to red and black with white strip to black? Left signal light black to red and black with white strip to black correct? Let me know

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #5 - 05/30/15 at 14:43:40

No... you are currently wired to 2 hot wires... NOT GOOD!...

You always need a ground... Black with white stripe is ground...it should go to the black wires...on every light...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
jessicreative07
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 05/30/15 at 14:57:56

Serowbot wrote on 05/30/15 at 14:43:40:
No... you are currently wired to 2 hot wires... NOT GOOD!...

Really?  Whew i didn't wired yet. Rear right signal light i only see green wired and no green wired on left signal light so are you saying that i need use two same green wired connect?  Let me show the pics [/img][/img]

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 12:33:50

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › the savage and new to the forum

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.