Send Topic Print
Engine knock (Read 209 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Engine knock
Reply #15 - 05/30/15 at 18:26:20

You can buy the tools and have money left over. And the tools will be around for the next problem. You're the mechanic. You can get a shop manual, detailing how to take it apart and put it together. Plus the collective knowledge of the people here.
You go slow and you can win.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Vakha
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 06/02/15 at 08:31:27

Got tensioner modded yesterday. Only costed me a bottle of wine Grin . It runs better now and it seems some of the noise is gone. There is still light taping on left side when listening really closely ( can hear it more clearly when engine is cold ).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUxWP1fNh3U&feature=youtu.be ( can barely hear it in video).

Iv been told by several people and mehanics that those engines tend to be noisy. Hopefully i can get valves adjusted this week ( just to be one safe side ) and then that slight taping will be gone.
My next things in "to do list" are to get belt squeak sorted out and figure out why my headlight is not working.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #17 - 06/02/15 at 08:42:26

Vakha wrote on 06/02/15 at 08:31:27:
My next things in "to do list" are to get belt squeak sorted out and figure out why my headlight is not working.

This is just a guess......but I believe the non-working headlight and squeaky belt problems are most likely separate issues. Undecided

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #18 - 06/02/15 at 08:42:59

a little tapping is good, too tight and you risk not completely closing the valves at 1 temp or another.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 10:26:35

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Engine knock

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.