Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Blue Collar Bobbers Savage/S40 kit install, pics (Read 906 times)
gizzo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiCabbage. It's
Savage.

Australia
Re: Blue Collar Bobbers Savage/S40 kit install, pi
Reply #30 - 06/14/15 at 21:28:15

Hooray! A front fender!

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #31 - 06/20/15 at 12:13:42

Nice!

IP Logged
Smokestack

The Devil made me do
it!

The Hammer, Canada
Reply #32 - 06/21/15 at 16:51:46

I traded a solo seat to a buddy that had a BCB solo seat and I love it.  Great quality for sure.  I liked it so much I bought the turn signals and mirrors, too.

Hey govnor, how high are those bars?

Yup, I done some stuff......
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #33 - 06/22/15 at 08:21:15

Smokestack wrote on 06/21/15 at 16:51:46:
I traded a solo seat to a buddy that had a BCB solo seat and I love it.  Great quality for sure.  I liked it so much I bought the turn signals and mirrors, too.

Hey govnor, how high are those bars?

How does it compare comfort wise? (the seat I mean)

IP Logged
govnor
YaBB Newbies

DFW, Texas
Reply #34 - 06/22/15 at 12:56:05

Here is a link to the bars, which are 9 1/2"  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0080S7ZXE?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_d...

As far as seat comfort goes, the short time I spent riding the stock bike versus the bobber, I think the bobber seat is a little more comfortable.  I can't say that with great authority, however, because I didn't put that many miles on the stock bike.  That said, I can't tell much difference between the two except the bobber seat is a little wider, which makes it a bit more comfortable.  I certainly don't think it's less comfortable than stock.

Here's one more pic after I put the bars a bit more forward and finally cleaned up the bike some.

IP Logged
govnor
YaBB Newbies

DFW, Texas
Reply #35 - 06/22/15 at 13:01:52

I need to add that this is before I adjusted the brake lever.  It doesn't point down like this now.  The bars fit perfectly without extending the cables at all.  I thought it was going to be a problem, but installing the bars ended up being the easiest part of the build.  You can see in the earlier pic that I started out with the buckhorns.

IP Logged
Canadian_kiwi
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #36 - 06/24/15 at 18:14:16

govnor wrote on 06/22/15 at 12:56:05:
Here is a link to the bars, which are 9 1/2"  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0080S7ZXE?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_d...

As far as seat comfort goes, the short time I spent riding the stock bike versus the bobber, I think the bobber seat is a little more comfortable.  I can't say that with great authority, however, because I didn't put that many miles on the stock bike.  That said, I can't tell much difference between the two except the bobber seat is a little wider, which makes it a bit more comfortable.  I certainly don't think it's less comfortable than stock.

Here's one more pic after I put the bars a bit more forward and finally cleaned up the bike some.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m265/cipherstrength/IMG_20150618_202746_zp...

Where you get that exhaust from is it an emgo? Looks awsome!

IP Logged
tom3949
YaBB Newbies

On the bucket list -
Daytona bike week.

Liverpool, UK
Reply #37 - 06/27/15 at 10:55:15

I think it's pretty amazing what can be done with a savage and a Blue Collar or RYCA kit. If it was a Harley engine in there the price would sky rocket. Love the look of your bike.

1993 Suzuki Savage based RYCA bobber
  IP Logged
govnor
YaBB Newbies

DFW, Texas
Reply #38 - 07/02/15 at 21:37:43

Thanks guys for the kind words!  I'm enjoying the bike and working out a few kinks, but it's loads of fun around town.  Highway...eh, not as much fun but do-able.  I have to say it may not be a long range machine comfort wise.  I figure after an hour or so you need a good rest.

The Voodoo exhaust is LOUD.  Not bad at lower RPMs but when you rev it up you almost need some ear plugs.  It sounds great though.  These bikes sound pretty mean with an exhaust.  It came with a Harley exhaust which was a lot quieter.  If I was communting daily I might be tempted to put it back on.  But...I'm not.

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #39 - 07/02/15 at 21:40:11

Neither is the stocker

IP Logged
govnor
YaBB Newbies

DFW, Texas
Reply #40 - 07/02/15 at 21:47:00

Art Webb wrote on 07/02/15 at 21:40:11:
Neither is the stocker

I kind of figured that.  I wasn't going for long range comfort for sure.  If I was I would have bought an old Goldwing.

IP Logged
govnor
YaBB Newbies

DFW, Texas
Reply #41 - 07/02/15 at 21:51:36

Here is a link to the exhaust.  It's made by Voodoo.  Let me suggest getting the blacked out version.  The chrome one starts getting brown really fast due to the high exhaust temps these bikes put out.

http://www.amazon.com/VooDoo-Industries-VC403-Universal-Exhaust/dp/B00BUL8NYI...

IP Logged
Arty Dodger
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Shreveport, LA
Reply #42 - 11/20/16 at 20:38:53

Did the muffler directly attach to the mounting bracket?  I'm thinking of getting one for my bike.  It also says that it has baffles in it, but reviews say that it's extremely loud.

2007 Suzuki Savage to Bob or Die!
  IP Logged
Arty Dodger
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Shreveport, LA
Reply #43 - 12/06/16 at 11:35:11

govnor wrote on 07/02/15 at 21:51:36:
Here is a link to the exhaust.  It's made by Voodoo.  Let me suggest getting the blacked out version.  The chrome one starts getting brown really fast due to the high exhaust temps these bikes put out.

http://www.amazon.com/VooDoo-Industries-VC403-Universal-Exhaust/dp/B00BUL8NYI...

2007 Suzuki Savage to Bob or Die!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 22:26:12

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Blue Collar Bobbers Savage/S40 kit install, pics

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.