Send Topic Print
What a day! (Read 173 times)
Rylee

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Long Beach California
What a day!
05/22/15 at 21:59:25

Woke up this morning to take my daughter to school. Loaded her up in the jeep and started it up. Overhead monitor tells me rear lift are open. Thought it odd but went back and pushed on it to shut it and hopped in to drive her to school. Wife called me to ask me to bring in the diaper bag when I got home cause her wallet was in it. Got home and didn't see the diaper bag, opened the rear hatch and boom everything is gone. My 5 drawer craftsman tool box with about 1k in tools, motorcycle parts I'd just picked up the day before and of course the diaper bag with her wallet. Start looking thru the jeep and realize everything g has been gone thru. Trying to figure out how they got in I inspected all the doors and found the window pop on the hatch jimmied.

Called the police which really doesn't do anything but have an officer show up an hour later (not an emergency obviously) fill out a report, insurance company doesn't cover anything taken from the jeep only potential damage. Called my renters insurance and seeing how the vehicle was street parked nearly 2 blocks away that appearently is the loophole!

So after a final look thru I lost about $200 in new motorcycle parts, about 1k in tools, my youngest daughters samsung tab 4 tablet, my wife's wallet with cash and cards and my piece of mind.

Not sure why the alarm did t go off or if it even did being that the jeep was parked far enoug away I would t have heard it anyways. Our garage is only big enough for her vehicle and the savage stuffed in the corner. And it's a apartment that's right on the street so I can't park in front of the garage or I'd block the sidewalk which is a $75 ticket (got 2 of those to prove it)

Hope whomever did it enjoys all the VW specialty tools and brand new set of ratcheting open ended wrenches I just bought. Not to mention the jet kit, spark plugs, 3.5" hooded headlight and brass foot pegs I just bought!

96 Bobber
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: What a day!
Reply #1 - 05/22/15 at 22:05:33

Wow, that is a really BIG BUMMER !
Was that jet kit one of mine ?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 05/22/15 at 22:09:01

Sheeeeiooot... Tongue...  Sorry man...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #3 - 05/22/15 at 22:18:22

Awwww man, that sucks, sorry that happened to you

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 05/22/15 at 22:27:14

Check for garage sales advertising tools, check pawn shops, though they won't have stuff out unless it's sold, youve got receipts? Pics? Wwarranty information on the laptop? Serial?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #5 - 05/22/15 at 22:29:16

bummer

no oil slick there I take it?

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Rylee

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Long Beach California
Reply #6 - 05/22/15 at 23:35:31

@Lancer
Ya it was your jet kit. I spent all day Wednesday tuning the bike and threw the bag and extra jets in the tool box when I was done. I'm not sad about that loss really as I was able to get the bike tuned pretty good so it was just leftover jets.

@justin
Cops got all the serial number info for the tablet so if it shows up at a pawn shop they will call me. It's a child's version though it can be used in regular mode it has extras for children and the ability to limit usage time.

My new front tire was already ordered and should be here Monday now I have a reason to swap out to the new setup.

I'm not terribly heartbroken everything can be replaced it just sucks that the majority of the "expensive" tools in that box were specialty tools for my VW Bug. It's in storage and I work on it there so the tools travel from the house to it. I had them in the jeep because I was just there finishing some stuff and got home late and didn't remove the box.

According the LBPD 3 cars have been hit in my neighborhood in the last month so I'm not the only one.

96 Bobber
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #7 - 05/23/15 at 00:16:40

I had my mailbox hammered, the first week I moved to this neighborhood...
I saw a coyote,.. run down my sidewalk... maybe 3rd day here...
Got a trunk full of tools and cleaning products stolen first 6 months here...
... had the rear window of my car shot out in my carport...
... and now,... ganger-banger, tot, hoodum's are putting metal spikes on manhole covers...

I moved here, from a bad neighborhood... Grin...
It cost me dearly... don't laugh... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Rylee

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Long Beach California
Reply #8 - 05/23/15 at 08:14:54

@serowbot

Same scenario here. We moved from downtown to here. Reason we left downtown was my bug was broken into 3 times. I'm assuming they were trying to steal it but couldn't get past the battery kill switch being removed cause there wasn't anything of value to take out of the car. That and the vagrants were overwhelming. You couldn't walk a block without being harassed for change or smokes. This was supposed to be a nice neighborhood. But this is Long Beach it's the armpit of Los Angeles and because of that it's the only "beach" community you can actually afford to live in.

To be honest I'm over California all together. The pay doesn't match the cost of living, traffic is unbearable 24 hours a day, gas prices suck, insurance is insane, you can't get a glass of water at a restaurant, state income tax robs your paycheck, sales tax is obnoxious...I could go on forever.
Only bright side really is 12 months of riding!

96 Bobber
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #9 - 05/23/15 at 10:59:19

we usually get 12 months riding in Tx, too
cost of living reasonable, no state income tax, sales tax 8.25%, Traffic not that bad outside major metro areas

So, when ya movin in, Pardner?

IP Logged
Rylee

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Long Beach California
Reply #10 - 05/23/15 at 15:58:49

@Art

We almost made the move to Austin with tax return this year. Only thing that stopped us was my 7yr old autistic daughter was finally doing well in school. We've had her in 3 different schools basically a new one each year and had bad results with every one. The school she's in this year she was just doing to well to uproot her half way thru and make a huge move.

The plan is still in place. Looks like tax time next year it's gonna happen.

96 Bobber
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #11 - 05/24/15 at 08:24:27

Awesome! Id have waited, too, I hope the schools here will work for her, I know our public schools didn't do well for me with my ADD, but we didn't even know what that was, back then
If you're gonna be in Austin we'll be only about 100 mile apart Smiley

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #12 - 05/24/15 at 12:02:53

Thirty years ago, Austin woulda been a place I'd move to. Unless you vacation there and really scout it out, check Fifth street downtown, even broad day. Check out the toll road thing. And look at a place that would suit you. Check with a realtor and see what a reasonable place costs, then take the information from a realtor and go get the average utility costs.
There have been a few power plants shut down, electricity prices are climbing.
Tree huggers vandalise GasGuzzlers parked at Barton Springs,or so I hear.
Maybe it's still better than where you are, I used to visit occasionally, but from what I've heard, pretty as the place is, I would not be seen there unless it was just between where I am and where I need to go.

When we moved from Midland to East Texas I loaded the family up in the van and once we got into places that were visually appealing we started talking to people about school,jobs,crime, and was gassing up to go home,so sad that the lady saw and asked me what was wrong..
Told her the story,she said don't give up. Stay the night, go to Whitehouse, south of Tyler....  I'm happy to say that we got good enough reason to move there.
Moving is a big deal. Discovering that you've moved to a place that doesn't meet your needs would suck big-time.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #13 - 05/24/15 at 18:25:59

Sorry to hear that.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #14 - 05/24/15 at 19:12:52

I lived in Austin for four years back in the late 70's and it was great. My younger daughter lives there now and seems to like it. I have visited but it is just so weird for me because it has changed so much. Still though, I would be willing to bet you will like Austin much better than CA. Austin is beautiful and you have great riding close by. Best of luck to you Rylee.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 20:18:11

General CategoryThe Cafe › What a day!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.