Send Topic Print
Seein' Jesus... (Read 333 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Seein' Jesus...
Reply #15 - 05/26/15 at 08:20:42

There was a description of the apostle Paul written in some literature outside of the Bible. They described him as a short man, balding, crooked legs but powerfully built. Also said he had a prominent hooked nose. Sounds like he probably looked similar to Yasser Arafat!  Probably similar to what Jesus looked like since he was from the same time period. Regardless, I'm guessing he did not look like a WASP.

IP Logged
HovisPresley
Serious Thumper

Good Vibrations!

Midlands, UK
Reply #16 - 05/26/15 at 10:37:00

"what Jesus looked like since he was from the same time period"

So you and me look like John Merrick, being from the same time period?

'96 Bobbobbobber
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 05/26/15 at 11:07:14

Art Webb wrote on 05/26/15 at 07:48:25:
I would imagine the real Jesus looked a lot more like an Israeli, since there wasn't a large European population in Jerusalem at the time of his birth

--Steve

IP Logged
HovisPresley
Serious Thumper

Good Vibrations!

Midlands, UK
Reply #18 - 05/26/15 at 14:35:06

Most of the modern "Israelis" come from Europe and the US and have been arriving since the 1940's. Having lived there, I can honestly say that there is no 'typical' Israeli look....I mean, does Woody Allen look like a Mediterranean?

@Mark, does Arafat have crooked legs? He was standing behind a parapet when I saw him!

'96 Bobbobbobber
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #19 - 05/27/15 at 04:40:39

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

You guys really break me up !!!

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I mean, REALLY !

Whew !

OK, there seems to have been a DNA-genetic reaserch carried out in Israel a few years back.

It seems they dioscovered that, comparing the collected DNA samples to what they had unearthed in diggings ...
[drum roll, please]
- 80% + of the Muslim Palestinian population had enough DNA in common with the "ancient" samples to prove they "were locals";
- less than 5% of the Israeli, Jewish community had enough DNA in common with the "ancient" samples to prove they "were locals";
- over 90% of the Catholic Palestinian population had enough DNA in common with the "ancient" samples to prove they "were locals".

Which means:

- 80% of those cramped in Palestinian Refugee camps are actually "displaced locals" (much like the Indian Reservations);
- 90% of Catholics, who managed to keep their homes and not be evicted by the Israelis, are actually "locals";
- 95% of the Jewish population in modern-day Israel are actually 2nd, 3rd generation immigrants who are entitled to live there because you guys back them up.

Questions ?

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #20 - 05/27/15 at 05:11:25

mpescatori wrote on 05/27/15 at 04:40:39:

- 95% of the Jewish population in modern-day Israel are actually 2nd, 3rd generation immigrants who are entitled to live there because you guys back them up.

Questions ?

Is this correct?  The majority of the Israeli inhabitants have blood lines from what was the Khazar empire?  

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #21 - 05/27/15 at 07:09:22

As for "What did Jesus look like ?"...

We have no paintings nor physical descriptions of Jesus in the Gospels, nor do the Apocryphal Gospels provide any insight.

Actually, there IS one Apocryphal Gospel (I forget which, I am quoting from memory) which describes Jesus as one who was capable of changing facial expression
to the point some found it difficult to recognize him at times; this may seem odd and a wee bit out of the "credible tales",
however it is the only explanation to the tale of the Two Travellers to Emmaus (Lk, 24:13)

What did Jesus look like ?

1. In early Roman Catacombs (cemeteries used by all, not limited to the Christians) Jesus was pictured like a Young Roman

Short hair and no beard !  Shocked Because the Romans would sport short hair and shaved their beard...

2. There was also a  Bearded Jesus, however he was only found within among the Judaic Christian community in Rome.

3. The common "Bearded Jesus" came out only when Costantine became Emperor and used the Statue of Jupiter, King of the (Graeco-Roman) Gods, to say "This is your Jesus".

And that's how we got our "Official Bearded Jesus"

Notice the Halo ? Christians never had a "Haloed Jesus" until Costantinian Christianity was created with major elements from the other religions...

4. Incidetally, Jupiter was often represented with Ram's Horns and was known as "Jupiter Ammon", thereby keeping both Graeco-Romans and Egyptians happy
(Ammon or Amon-Ra being one of the names of the Sun-God, which was also linked to Graeco-Roman Apollo-Hermes and to Egyptian Horus)

Jupiter was often referred to as "The White Ox" or "The White Lamb" (where "White" means "pure or with no sin").

Sound familiar ? Whos is "God's sacrificial Lamb" ? Anyone ?
Is that on the right Jesus the Good Sheperd ? No, it's Hermes/Apollo...
On the other hand, notice Jupiter's Holy Horns ? Guess how these were instrumentalized in order to deter people from adoring "the false Gods" ?
Huh
There was NO mention of "Satan" in early Christianity, and no depiction of "Satan" in early paintings, frescoes or mosaics.
HOWEVER
Come Costantine and his collapsing all religions into THE ONE, and TAADAAA !! HE-E-ERE'S SATAN !

Shocked But... isn't this guy the same as...  Roll Eyes

Yes, precisely !

H I M !!!

In fact, anything with horns and not a halo was immediately banned as "evil" because it belonged to the "old religion", not to the "new religion"

See how hard Costantine had to work to get an entire Empire under one religion ?
And you thought that "there's the KJV Bible and all the rest are fairy tales" ? Not so, not so at all.

Questions ?

Yeah ! You have yet to tell us what Jesus looked like !
Shocked
OK, sorry, I disgress.

Anyone who thinks Jesus looked like THIS has seen too many religious films produced in the USA

Anyone who thinks Jesus looked like THIS has mixed notions on what is a Judean and what is a Bedouin:

This is King Feisal of Saudi Arabia, a typical ethnic Bedouin

These are Ashkenazi Jews

Are you SURE they are... Middle Eastern ?  Huh No, because they are Central European.

These are Sephardic Jews from Iberia (Spain)

Look more like it, eh ? Yes, because THEY originate from Judaic migrants during the Hellenic and Roman dominations

These are ethnic Palestinian Christians (Catholics)

From Bethlehem (my wife's paternal family, Daud => David))

From Ramallah (my wife's maternal family Saqqa or Sacca)

Also http://elhieroglyph.tumblr.com/post/11175213731/ruth-raad-in-the-traditional-...

Incidentally, top picture, only upper class girls would wear the "Tarboosh" to support the headscarf over their hair.
In the linked picture (sorry, failed to resize) , silver coins composed part of the girl's dowry.

So... what DID Jesus possibly look like ? Remember, he was a Palestinian, not a Bedouin...

1. Jesus had short hair, because that was the cutom in those days. No hippies, just hard working men.

2. Jesus did not have a long, flowing beard; quite the contrary, it was closely cropped.

3. Jesus was not blond, nor blue-eyed, he was (dark) brown haired with brown eyes.

4. Or, if we are to believe a certain gnostic theory, just as Adam, Noah, Esau, and Moses... Jesus was red-haired and green eyed.

5. Jesus was not the thin, frail philosopher, he was a woodworker so he needed to be tough; expect muscle.

6. Jesus was not tall, but short, and was often described as "disappearing in the crowd" - hence, he did NOT stand out but quite the opposite.

Surprise !!!

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #22 - 05/27/15 at 07:31:28

Well mpescatori (did I spell that right? man that's a hard one) That's sort of where I was going, although I seem to have gotten the ethnicity wrong, Jesus was not a white guy with long hair and a flowing beard, but rather looked pretty much like everyone else of his time and region
And I have long since gotten past the KJV version of the bible being the one and true word, the KJV was King James' interpretation, colored by what he wanted the word to be
One of the best things about the movie 'killing Jesus' was that O'Reily did NOT cast a white dude as Jesus (he caught flack for the fellow he did cast, but I thought it a good choice)

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #23 - 05/27/15 at 07:39:39

pg wrote on 05/27/15 at 05:11:25:
mpescatori wrote on 05/27/15 at 04:40:39:

Questions ?

Is this correct?  The majority of the Israeli inhabitants have blood lines from what was the Khazar empire?  

Best regards,

Unfortunately, this seems to be a highly controversial TRUTH which TPTB does NOT want people to know.

Else, the entire fairy tale of "The Lord's Chosen People" and "The Promised Land" goes down the drain.

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

mpescatori   IP Logged
HovisPresley
Serious Thumper

Good Vibrations!

Midlands, UK
Reply #24 - 05/27/15 at 07:46:43

If Jesus was born at Christmas, and died at Easter, then he was only 3 or 4 months old when he died. So how come he had a beard?

PS. http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/06/14/dog-bottom-jesus-sighting_n_344000...

PPS. Modern-day Israel is the 52nd US state; it's good for them to have a military base so close to the Middle East

'96 Bobbobbobber
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #25 - 05/27/15 at 08:06:48

HovisPresley wrote on 05/27/15 at 07:46:43:
If Jesus was born at Christmas, and died at Easter, then he was only 3 or 4 months old when he died. So how come he had a beard?

PS. http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/06/14/dog-bottom-jesus-sighting_n_344000...

PPS. Modern-day Israel is the 52nd US state; it's good for them to have a military base so close to the Middle East

yes, because there was only one Christmas and one Easter, and they occurred the same year, the year of the birth of a person who spent his life an unknown, but celebrated worldwide, entity  Roll Eyes

Ah, yes, an American state with a PM, who, btw, is not regarded warmly by our current President. Oh wait, that's right, American states don't have a PM, they have a Governor  Grin

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 05/27/15 at 09:30:13

--Steve

IP Logged
HovisPresley
Serious Thumper

Good Vibrations!

Midlands, UK
Reply #27 - 05/27/15 at 10:36:10

I have to say that "Joe's Garage" is my favorite album of his. What's yours?  Wink

'96 Bobbobbobber
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #28 - 05/27/15 at 10:42:57

I sure have a problem with that Shroud of Turin..it's just too hard to dismiss.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #29 - 05/27/15 at 17:16:34

I have no problem dismissing it..
It's 1300 years off,.. Jesus would be freakishly tall,.. and his wrist to elbow measurement would qualify as deformed...
He's anatomically incorrect and post dated... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/02/24 at 20:35:53

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Seein' Jesus...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.