Send Topic Print
Got my clutch cable (Read 54 times)
Neilap

I cant hear you over
the awesome.

Morgantown, W.V.
Got my clutch cable
05/21/15 at 06:09:26

Juuust yesterday which was awesome, just 2 days to come in. Anyways do I need to lube anything? I know I have to take the gas tank off and the zip tie looking things can those be moved? And the barrel end of the old cable appears to be slightly stuck in my lever, how do I remove it when the cable broke up in the lever slot?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Got my clutch cable
Reply #1 - 05/21/15 at 07:37:42

You can hang the cable and drizzle 3in 1 oil down, lift the cable relative to housing, add a few drops, push, Dont Kink, pull from other end if it's not gonna slip easy..

If the barrel is stuch, then it wasn't rotating, that's probably why it died.
Pen oil. Pin punch, LIGHT taps,
If protruding wire is a problem, don't get horsey with it, study it, a short stiff wire to drive the dead cable back, just toss a towel over the tank if it's still on.
Don't just rip the old one out unless you have the routing down. Sometimes tying new to old, pulling old drags new into place.. Saving hassle.
Patience, it saves time, money and frustration.

Transmission fluid ruins paint.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Neilap

I cant hear you over
the awesome.

Morgantown, W.V.
Reply #2 - 05/21/15 at 07:42:10

the barrel will move but its jacked up and from what I can tell its entirely plastic maybe some original stock part weirdness, in going to try a pair of needle nose since I can get it to move but its crooked and hanging in I guess. I will find out soon I have to go get my gas can to drain my tank

IP Logged
Neilap

I cant hear you over
the awesome.

Morgantown, W.V.
Reply #3 - 05/21/15 at 08:26:52

Looks like i will be waiting for my petcock to come in. Upon being the replacement i went to unhook my carb vacuum like and it was broke at the flange and was obviously open and my petcock is not flowing fuel in prime, on or reserve settings. Hmmm o-o

IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Reply #4 - 05/21/15 at 16:07:48

If the vacuum line to the petcock was broke, it would explain your not starting or wanting to start on full choke but still not.  It's a huge vacuum leak.

When you install the raptor, don't forget to plug that vacuum tap so you don't have a leak.

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 01:32:24

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Got my clutch cable

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.