Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Rust buster  Stuck bolts nuts (Read 44 times)
Srotag

Have  Thumper  
  Will  Travel

Wherever it is warm and sunny
Rust buster  Stuck bolts nuts
05/19/15 at 12:42:44

Just a FYI  this was on a motorhome forum I use.  It really works so hope it helps someone here.  We have mostly used it on very nasty, rusted exhaust manifold bolts on Cummins Diesels, turboed high temp fasteners,  Since it gets those off It should get anything on a Suzi.

From April 2007 "Machinist's Workshop" magazine comparison test. They arranged a subjective test of all the popular penetrants with the control being the torque required to remove the nut from a "scientifically rusted" environment.
Penetrating oil ......... Average load
None ..................... 516 pounds,
WD-40 .................... 238 pounds,
PB Blaster ............... 214 pounds,
Liquid Wrench ............ 127 pounds ,
Kano Kroil ............... 106 pounds ,
ATF-Acetone mix............ 53 pounds

The ATF-Acetone mix was a "home brew" mix of 50 - 50 automatic transmission fluid and acetone. Note the "home brew" was better than any commercial product.

Of course soaking well over a couple of days increases the odds that you won't strip or break something off.   Cool  Cool

2005 S40 Ridin' on the back of our motorhome...Where we go, so goes Thumper Smiley Smiley
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re:  Rust buster  Stuck bolts nuts
Reply #1 - 05/19/15 at 17:03:27

Thank You, I have been touting the virtues of that home brew here for so long I forgot where I heard about it. Mighta been someone here,
Keep it in a sealed container. I have a quart can, screw on lid, and I have an old Zip oil , pull the plastic tube up, left up, its tight, red tip on, seals good. I can see when the acetone and transmission fluid have separated and when acetone has evaporated and I can add.
Pulling the pitman arm offa 92Dodge Ram would not have been possible without it.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #2 - 05/19/15 at 17:50:12

As JOG said:

That, "acetone and transmission fluid", 'trick'.
Was told to me, by my Grampa,
when I was just a young lad !!!!!!!

It's works the best, and is the cheapest!

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Drestakil

innocent bystander

Southern Illinois
Reply #3 - 05/19/15 at 18:25:48

Wish I had known about that earlier. I busted a 1" breaker bar with an 8 ft cheater pipe on it trying to get a lug nut loose on my trailer. NAPA has a great warrantee on their tools. They gave me a new one. They did ask me how I broke it. I just told them it wasn't easy Sad

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 21:18:57

General CategoryThe Cafe › Rust buster  Stuck bolts nuts

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.