Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
another jetting issue.... (Read 26 times)
Tony from tdot

Calling all Toronto
savage riders!

Toronto, Canada
another jetting issue....
05/19/15 at 12:28:55

Have a savage bobbed out.....dyna muffler, cheap ebay cone filter, exhaust wrap, 155 main, 55 pilot, stock needle spacer, raptor petcock.

I had a much smaller then normal cone filter on there( its only about 1.5 inches tall, made for pocket bikes) with a 52.5 pilot. It ran ok but noticed it was getting real hot so went up to the 55 pilot. Ran amazing. Then decided to put the bigger cone filter on( the usual one that everyone gets on fleebay). Runs ok, however, I notice when I crack the throttle, and it returns to normal idle, it almost dies, then saves itself.

Also, on many occasions, while down shifting and engine braking, the engine just dies on me, and I'm restarting the engine in mid traffic going 60kmh....

Common sense says I am lean because of the much bigger cone filter. Am I correct?

IP Logged
Gary_in_NJ
Serious Thumper

LS650 Cafe Racer

Amongst the Twisty Roads
Re: another jetting issue....
Reply #1 - 05/19/15 at 12:39:09

I don't see how a pilot jet (especially one just one step away from stock) can affect engine temperature. The pilot jet operates from idle to about 1/4 throttle where there are low rpms and low cylinder pressure. Anyway...

Yes, every time you make a change to the combustion process (filter path, exhaust, cam, piston) the jetting may have to be revisited. While a lean engine can cut out on a chop throttle (without engine braking), it's not likely lean with a 55 pilot. What is your air screw set at? Did you adjust the idle for 1100 to 1300 rpm? Are you sure there isn't a leak between the carb boot and the cylinder head?

A life-time student of motorcycling.
LS650 Cafe, DRZ400SM, FZ6N, SV650S, CB900C, Ducati ST2, CB550F-SS
My LS650=> http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/Left.JPG
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: another jetting issue....
Reply #2 - 05/19/15 at 13:00:39

I think that's just going to be a consequence of the free breathing cone...

The sudden rise in vacuum needs a sec for the carb to adjust to it...
Like Gary said,.. keep the idle speed up,.. it'll help a bit...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 15:21:47

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › another jetting issue....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.