Send Topic Print
1986 CDI PIN OUT (Read 83 times)
rockabilly
YaBB Newbies

Fossil Fuels Rule!!

Kent, England
1986 CDI PIN OUT
05/12/15 at 13:11:11

Okay I posted for help on this problem, but no one was able to help.
Basically the wires had corroded off the Ignitor/CDI plug and I couldn't get any info on the correct positions and even the local Suzuki dealer had no info and also advised that they had stopped supplying the loom forthat year! It got me thinking that even if I succeeded in getting the wiring sorted then if the CDI went pop I could have more issues. So went on the hunt and came across http://www.ignitech.cz/en/. These guys make replacement CDI's for all types of singles and twins - (my lads CX500 needs a new box and originals are as rare as hens teeth! So I mailed them and yes they make a replacement box in fact they do 2 one is non programmable and the other is PROGRAMMABLE!!
Total price to ship to the UK is around £180 euros. More importantly they gave me the pin outs I needed so for anyone else with similar wiring issue I've attached them and yes it works and I have a spark!!

Plus I may try one of these units at some stage, if anyone else has seen these or tried one maybe you can let us know. The CX500 forums certainly seem to rate them! Cheesy

CDI_Pin_out.jpg

Ride Safe - Stay Upright
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/26/24 at 17:36:45

General CategoryTechnical Documents/Reference › 1986 CDI PIN OUT

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.