Texas cartoons (Read 965 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Texas cartoons
Reply #60 - 05/18/15 at 06:21:33

And ...
...for the sake of defending Peace in the World...
a better future for our children...
...America should lead the way...
"Carpet bomb them and convert them to Christianity"
Is THIS what you have in mind, WM ?
As I said, the last war to be waged on American soil... was the Civil War...
Mark my words, what you lack is not the prowess but the patience to sit down and learn from those who have already lived through certain plights...
Else, it might be a Little Big Horn, reversed...
It's no skin off my nose if you  can't even see what's right in front of your face.

If you're using a political commentator's flippant remarks as some kind of retort, then I’m not sure where you’re going with that.

I am sitting down and learning from those who have already lived through certain plights. That’s my point. Why should the USA fall in line behind Europe’s march to oblivion? Italy is part of that.

You’re birth rates are dropping off to almost nothing and it’s just a matter of time until the percentage of Muslims in Italy creeps upwards until you find yourself another Britain, France, Netherlands, etc…. There will be places in Italy in your lifetime that you cannot ride through. Sorry buddy, but based on what’s happening in other European countries, that’s your fate.

Your historical culture will be challenged, but the question is; will Italy have the will to fight it?

*Italy’s birth rate has fallen to its lowest level since the foundation of the modern state in 1861, prompting fresh alarm in a society that has been steadily ageing for decades.

*The number of births per 1,000 people has fallen to just 8.4, down from 38.3 when Italy’s territories and kingdoms were unified a century and a half ago. In Britain and the United States, the figures are 12 and 13 respectively.

*Last year 509,000 babies were born in Italy, 5,000 fewer than in 2013.

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #61 - 05/19/15 at 04:40:00

And right you are, alas...

You and I can thank Feminism for this.

What does Feminism have to do with this ?  Allow me to explain.

The year is 1950, and we could be in Rome as in Anywhereville, KS.

Jack and Jill are highschool sweethearts, they graduate and find themselves a job.
When Jack's position is secure and looks rosy, Jack and Jill marry, settle down, Jack gets a (small) raise, Jill resigns her job, stays home and becomes a housewife.
They have a family, children grow, go to school etc., but whenever they come home there's Always "Mom" to look after them.

Come the 1970's

Jack Jr and Jill Jr are high School sweethearts, they graduate and find themselves a job.
When Jack's position is secure and looks rosy, Jack and Jill marry, settle down, but Jill wants to be a career woman and continues to work.
Their landlord knows they both work so the rent goes up, to the point they are actually encouraged to consider a mortgage and live in their own house.
Morgages become more and more common, gradually easier to get, ho house prices go up.
Jack Jr and Jill Jr realize they will have to wait 5, 6, maybe more years before they can consider having a family.

Come the year 2000

Jack III and Jill III are high School sweethearts, they graduate and take on a college loan because nobody has any hope to land a decent job without College Education.
However, Jack's position is wobbly because of the volatile market, and Jill finds a better job but needs to relocate.
Eventually, Jack and Jill do marry and settle down, but Jill needs to continue her job to maintain an acceptable lifestyle.
They need to pay the college loan(s) and the mortgage, and overall expenses are such they realize they just can't afford to pay for a nanny or a babysitter,
so having babies is a luxury that will just have to wait...

Meanwhile, old and White-haired Jack and Jill realize they might never get to see their great-grandchildren because life has gotten so very expensive...

Now...

Rewind to the 1970's...

The Flowerpower Revolution never really caught on, and ladies are quite happy to be treated as ladies,
and in the family everyone has their place and knows their place, and the family lives quite decently on Dad's income alone.

Unemployment is low because, short of nurses and schools, there are precious few jobs aimed at the female population, but then, who wants to waste their time
commuting on crowded trains or on congested freeways when Hubby can take care of it all and you can have time to spend with your friends?

I mean... anyone go ask your own mothers (if they're still alive, mine is 76) how many times they regretted being a housewife,
and how many times they were thankful for not having to put up with all the "stuff" we have to put up with on a daily basis?

My reasoning may appear biased or opinable, but it's not necessarily my only reasoning. It is a mere hypothesis on a "what if" scenario.

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #62 - 05/19/15 at 04:41:38

Whe do Muslims come into this picture ?

Their women stay home and make babies because the Koran says so...

Huh

Not that the Bible ever said anything about Christian (or Jewish) women having to work...

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #63 - 05/19/15 at 06:14:41

During the 50's life was peachy, as you described, yes.

During the 70's the individual wage earner was not enough. Women had to work and now the couple supported the household which really skewed the data because now you had two incomes for one household.

This continued into the late 90's but now people began borrowing money they weren't able to pay back.

Such is my problem. I am 32 and seeing a girl I met in February.
I don't want kids until I am sustainable. I am not sustainable. Meanwhile, in the ghetto of New Britain I see women, who just happen to be of an ethnicity other than caucasian, who are 20-25 with 4 kids already.

Now, the system is strained, my taxes go up to provide public services beyond sustainable means, and I grow further from my goal.

A few people reached out to me last year - I was having a time. I didn't know if I'd be able to keep my house when my, then, girlfriend moved out. I was doing ok... until my taxes went up 90 dollars a month. I began operating at a loss. I had cut my bills dramatically. I was paying more for "delivery services" than kWh's on my electricity bill. I mean, I REALLY slashed costs across the board. I don't have TV, only internet, etc.

I was only surviving by accident and good luck:
My Health Savings Account deposit got screwed up, so the company cut me a personal check
I got my tax return.
I eventually started looking for another job and when my company heard they offered me a raise to stay. I'm not greedy, I just want to be sustainable.

I derailed a little with the person insight but my point is this: How am I supposed to win this rigged game? I'm making the "right" choices. I went to school. I have two degrees. I show up to work on time everyday. My first year here I didn't even take a vacation. I work hard, how do I win this game?
I can't be sustainable if every ghetto scum bag is popping out 4 kids each. It's not a sustainable plan. I can see this, why can't they?

The best comparison is the opening sequence of the movie Idiocracy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icmRCixQrx8

--Steve

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #64 - 05/19/15 at 12:09:13

I can't begin to tell you how to solve the problem.
I'm worn out from explaining where it came from and that it's no accident.
Start with Lew Rockwell, listen to Charlotte Izerbyt interviews, learn about the Fed.

Understand WE are Americans and as a society don't have the same grasp of history Europeans do. Our entire existence is like a flashbulb going off in comparison to over there. Strategies don't play out in twenty minutes, goals aren't realized in an hour. Some people initiate a course of action that won't come to fruition in their lifetime, or their children's, the desires of tyrants have forever been, the desire for freedom, the same. Tyrants have learned that sheer brutality marks them as the enemy and unites the sheep.
Now, freedoms are taken By Necessity, the sheep are convinced it's For Their Own Good,  
Ahh, tired of typing, anyone who has a question, ask, pm, I don't care.

I saw what ONE  man with a 13 stool snack bar did. He added onto his house, saved money, traded his old clunker in on a late fifties Buick, got him a pickup, built a two car garage, then sold the business, bought a country store,feed store, bait shop, gas station, sold horse trailers, supported a wife, and, for a while, me and my mom and sister..
I met him in 58 or 9, doing the snnackbar in the front corner of a grocery store. Employees took breaks, customers, it was good..
By 64 he had a cool place, out by Humble Texas. Bait shop,feed, he loved horses,
Point is, HE did it. Gramma did the books, She helped a little bit around the store, but nothing of any consequence. Watch the place while he went to town for something ,,  

ONE MAN, and he was growing, financially ..
And our Best and Brightest have made trade deals,  and we have spent God only knows what on WARS ,wars that make evil rich men richer...
Yeah, you go right ahead on, sing along the Star spangled banner and put that hand over your heart and pledge allegiance to what WAS. I simply mourn, having watched the decline.
Yeah, Steve, I don't really dig just chit chat for nothing on the phone,
But, some things im never typing again.
Study the things I'VE pointed out.
Izerbyt, deliberate dumbing down of America
Griffin, Creature from Jekyll Island
Won't fix the problem, but will help you understand how we got here.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #65 - 05/19/15 at 18:05:16

[quote} Where do Muslims come into this picture ?  ... [/quote]

Well in a post, a while ago,
you bragged about, your countries, (free), 'Health Care'.

Well, guess who is using it now.

If if the time comes, YOU need it,
Guess What !

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #66 - 05/19/15 at 18:48:33

Jog, I'm in Lufkin Texas tonight, you hear there?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #67 - 05/19/15 at 18:49:36

Sorry, Near not Hear, Lufkin Texas?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #68 - 05/19/15 at 21:48:33

Im north of Longview about ten miles. Sorry I didn't see earlier.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #69 - 05/20/15 at 07:18:31

I haven't been a part of this discussion until this last page.  I see the family economic problems being primarily do to our increased wants and appetites for stuff.  I'm 68, and when I was a kid in the 1950s, and an only child, we had one car, not 2 or 3.  We didn't have a boat, never took but one or two vacations that I can recall.  My parents both worked just to make ends meet, and both rode the city bus to work and back.  We ate out on birthdays only, not 4 or 5 times per week.  I never had a real steak dinner until I was in college.
I was fortunate enough to go to college, and I worked my way thru, never borrowing a dime.  I took my 5 years to do what should have been a 4 year degree, but I'd trade that extra year again to graduate debt free.  I lived at home with my widowed mother ( my dad died when I was in my junior year of high school), never lived in a campus apartment, never partied with other students, I just worked.
Then, I got married and went to law school at night, for 4 and 1/2 years, holding down a fulltime job at the same time.  My wife worked as well.
We had our only child after we had been married 9 years.
We are still married 44 years later.
And, how many families see their finances ruined, or at least severely compromised by divorce?  I used to do domestic law in my practice, and no middle class family ever emerges from a divorce without a real drop in their financial status.  In the 1950s, when the divorce rate was a lot less than now, this disaster didn't happen nearly as often as now.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #70 - 05/20/15 at 09:20:23

I'm very much in agreement with "Jerry".  I grew up in the '40s and '50s when the adults had memories of the Depression, when you were grateful if you had food on the table and a roof over your head. A WAR where most of the men were gone and every thing was rationed.  In my neighborhoods, if you wanted something, you worked and earned the money to get it... At some point while I was overseas, more women/ wives were joining the work force to augment the family income and add to the "disposable" income for vacations, etc.  As family income increased so did cost/inflation and the desire/need for more .. (A.K.A. "Keeping up with the Jones")     At todays' point in time it requires two incomes to make end meet. The family unit has two working parents and no one at home to give guidance to or supervise the children.    End result = the society/American culture of 2015.  

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #71 - 05/20/15 at 21:38:56

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/19/15 at 12:09:13:
I can't begin to tell you how to solve the problem.
I'm worn out from explaining where it came from and that it's no accident.
Start with Lew Rockwell, listen to Charlotte Izerbyt interviews, learn about the Fed.

Understand WE are Americans and as a society don't have the same grasp of history Europeans do. Our entire existence is like a flashbulb going off in comparison to over there. Strategies don't play out in twenty minutes, goals aren't realized in an hour. Some people initiate a course of action that won't come to fruition in their lifetime, or their children's, the desires of tyrants have forever been, the desire for freedom, the same. Tyrants have learned that sheer brutality marks them as the enemy and unites the sheep.
Now, freedoms are taken By Necessity, the sheep are convinced it's For Their Own Good,  
Ahh, tired of typing, anyone who has a question, ask, pm, I don't care.

I saw what ONE  man with a 13 stool snack bar did. He added onto his house, saved money, traded his old clunker in on a late fifties Buick, got him a pickup, built a two car garage, then sold the business, bought a country store,feed store, bait shop, gas station, sold horse trailers, supported a wife, and, for a while, me and my mom and sister..
I met him in 58 or 9, doing the snnackbar in the front corner of a grocery store. Employees took breaks, customers, it was good..
By 64 he had a cool place, out by Humble Texas. Bait shop,feed, he loved horses,
Point is, HE did it. Gramma did the books, She helped a little bit around the store, but nothing of any consequence. Watch the place while he went to town for something ,,  

ONE MAN, and he was growing, financially ..
And our Best and Brightest have made trade deals,  and we have spent God only knows what on WARS ,wars that make evil rich men richer...
Yeah, you go right ahead on, sing along the Star spangled banner and put that hand over your heart and pledge allegiance to what WAS. I simply mourn, having watched the decline.
Yeah, Steve, I don't really dig just chit chat for nothing on the phone,
But, some things im never typing again.
Study the things I'VE pointed out.
Izerbyt, deliberate dumbing down of America
Griffin, Creature from Jekyll Island
Won't fix the problem, but will help you understand how we got here.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #72 - 05/21/15 at 09:11:53

The Religion of Peace is beginning their customary slaughter of citizens trapped in their newly captured territory. Which by the way, US troops died fighting over.

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #73 - 05/21/15 at 14:59:46

I went to the library today, and checked out a copy of the Koran
rather than believe either side on their word, I'm gonna read the fool thing

IP Logged
HovisPresley
Serious Thumper

Good Vibrations!

Midlands, UK
Reply #74 - 05/25/15 at 05:55:07

WebsterMark wrote on 05/21/15 at 09:11:53:
The Religion of Peace is beginning their customary slaughter of citizens trapped in their newly captured territory.Which by the way, US troops died fighting over.

"The Religion of Peace" is referring to Islam, I assume?

" their customary slaughter of citizens"......customary.....really?

Do you understand how many muslims there are that are non-violent (out of the 2+ billion)?  If it is "customary" for them to slaughter civilians, then watch out for these work-colleagues of yours when you chat next time.

Or maybe it was just a gross exaggeration on your part?

"Which by the way, US troops died fighting over".... What were they doing there?

'96 Bobbobbobber
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/08/24 at 00:35:35

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Texas cartoons

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.