Send Topic Print
Engine bogs down. (Read 60 times)
Neilap

I cant hear you over
the awesome.

Morgantown, W.V.
Engine bogs down.
05/03/15 at 01:50:12

So hi again. Iv managed to put 500 miles on the bike since last posting but something has came to my attention that i need to ask about. My bike while riding has acted like its lost a good portion of fuel and the rpms dump to that just slightly above idle speed at full throttle until you slow down, let off the gas and crack it back open and continues to bog back down like a car with an improperly tuned carb but heres the real kicker. It does it on only one 1/8th mile section of interstate in the north bound lane at a slight inclined hill top. But does not do it on the south bound lane or Anywhere else. What could be going on? I have noticed in this specific spot the wind is a much higher speed blowing across the road usually but Im baffled as to what the issue is here.

IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Re: Engine bogs down.
Reply #1 - 05/03/15 at 02:58:06

Check your petcock.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1251932429/1

In this situation, you can probably just put it on prime before you hit the hill. That should solve your problem.  If so, time to replace with raptor petcock.

You should do the whole test though.  The vacuum petcock can cause all sorts of crazy stuff.

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
Neilap

I cant hear you over
the awesome.

Morgantown, W.V.
Reply #2 - 05/03/15 at 12:44:08

Steve H wrote on 05/03/15 at 02:58:06:
Check your petcock.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1251932429/1

In this situation, you can probably just put it on prime before you hit the hill. That should solve your problem.  If so, time to replace with raptor petcock.

You should do the whole test though.  The vacuum petcock can cause all sorts of crazy stuff.

Will do i had my sispicions of the petcock the first time around as the first time I stopped entirely and put it on prime for a few moments cranked the throttle started up and went how much are the raptor petcocks and is there an exact submodel id need?

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #3 - 05/03/15 at 13:53:02

If you went to the link he provided you would have seen this...

"...but I eventually went with the Raptor petcock because it also makes tank removal easier....
This is the Raptor part no.  5LP-24500-01-00
2003 Yamaha Raptor 660 YFM660R"

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Neilap

I cant hear you over
the awesome.

Morgantown, W.V.
Reply #4 - 05/03/15 at 20:25:29

old_rider wrote on 05/03/15 at 13:53:02:
If you went to the link he provided you would have seen this...

"...but I eventually went with the Raptor petcock because it also makes tank removal easier....
This is the Raptor part no.  5LP-24500-01-00
2003 Yamaha Raptor 660 YFM660R"

I didnt catch it, at work on the phone I apologize

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 08:38:49

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Engine bogs down.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.