Blind allegiance...... (Read 69 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Blind allegiance......
04/23/15 at 05:18:05

I won't say it's easy, but when I am in the right frame of mind, that is my insecurities, etc, are on the wan, and I am achieving progress on my priorities and goals, I welcome a challenge to my beliefs instead of being defensive and attacking the person who critiqued me....
I know many folks struggle with their identity too, resulting in emotional anger instead of using it as opportunity to take stock of themselves/beliefs.
When this mentality spills over into the political arena, it seems to impede any real vetting of candidates and exposes all of us to leaders who know how to capitilize on that weakness.
In the long run all it gets is a society of sheep, always looking over our shoulders for the big bad wolf....

Your thoughts?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Blind allegiance......
Reply #1 - 04/23/15 at 21:57:39

I believe that is rare. I believe most choose to search for input that supports their ideas and try hard to brush aside the little things that contradict the beliefs they have developed.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 04/24/15 at 05:19:41

Jog I agree, it seems most view surrender as a weakness and admission of fault, or being stupid.
I read somewhere, you can check me on it please, that our beliefs/truths are in fact 90% wrong. We assign truth to only our perception.
I can state personally the greatest growth and understanding I ever experienced in peeling back my facade of who I thought I was, was when I did a month of intense group therapy in rehab.
30 strangers who didn't know me from Jack listened and observed me, and gave their opines/advice to me based solely on our primitive relationship.
You see my close aquaintences perceptions of me are tainted as I would skew them with how I wanted to be perceived.....
It is hard work, being honest to ones self, as it can make us feel vulnable and this world seems to like living in darkness more than light , but heck, it is so freeing to try and attain that level of awareness....

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 04/24/15 at 09:20:19

...but not us,.. we're exceptional... Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #4 - 04/24/15 at 09:41:55

I've spent much time digging through the dark corners of my heart. I've faced myself and do so daily. When I catch myself believing i KNOW, I ask myself how and why. I shock people with insight into the Why of some of their behavior. Only from dissecting my own did I come to see.
The Number One Team really needs to make no fundamental changes.
Seeing NEED for change is admission of being less than correct.
Too painful for many.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #5 - 04/24/15 at 10:32:09

Serowbot wrote on 04/24/15 at 09:20:19:
...but not us,.. we're exceptional... Grin...

Well duh, of course we all are, we set the bar for ourselves !!!!

IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #6 - 04/25/15 at 11:36:37

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/24/15 at 09:41:55:

That is a strength, not a weakness.

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #7 - 04/25/15 at 14:43:32

Kris01 wrote on 04/25/15 at 11:36:37:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/24/15 at 09:41:55:

That is a strength, not a weakness.

I agree.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 01:59:12

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Blind allegiance......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.